Personal banker position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 719)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Bears85 in South Bend, Indiana

102 months ago

I have recently applied for a personal banker position at Chase and have received a call back to schedule a time for a test. What exactly do they expect from this position? I know that it is primarily a sales position which I am fine with, but one email I got explaining the position from Chase said the position would require an individual to pull people in from the lobby or drive -thru. My question is, Is that how aggressive you need to be? I'm about selling customers what they need, not pulling people in from outside to try to get them to take out a second mortgage to buy a Playstation 3.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (311) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

zach987 in Allegan, Michigan

102 months ago

Did you pass the assessment? Is it for the position of pb at the main branch is south bend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Bears85 in South Bend, Indiana

102 months ago

zach987 said: Did you pass the assessment? Is it for the position of pb at the main branch is south bend

I have yet to take the assessment, though it is scheduled. The position is for a pb, though the location has not yet been determine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

adams in Carpentersville, Illinois

102 months ago

i just took that assessment today in mount prospect illinois and failed. there were 2 sections. one short one that included math and problem solving questions similar to those in ACT and SAT tests. the second and largest section contained personality questions. i find it hard to believe that i didn't pass the personality part so i must have missed a few too many questions in the first section. i didn't do too well on my ACT test but graduated college with honors. i think it sucks that i didn't get a chance based on some questions that have no relevance in life. those questions/situations are never worded that way in real life.

that said, i make 50k at my current job and heard the people that schedule these exams tell prospects that the position has a 30k base and most people make 40 to 55k. she called these prospects for the entire hour i was there. either they have many jobs to fill or high turnover. most people i talk to say commercial banking is the way to go. i still think i could have been successful as a personal banker. many of the other reviews i've read on this site say its not great. whatever you decide, good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

gene in Brooklyn, New York

102 months ago

what is the math like on the second assement test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

thumper in Middletown, Ohio

101 months ago

Does anyone know if this test is something new? I am just wondering if they will continue to use this? I hate waiting 6 months and how in the heck do you study for something like that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jd in Columbus, Ohio

101 months ago

I worked as a personal banker for Chase (formerly Bank One) in Columbus, OH between 2004 and 2006. I noticed someone on here say that they have 15 yrs sales experience and bank manager experience...listen to me, you do NOT want this job. You can easily find something far better somewhere else that will pay you accordingly. They will try to lowball you salary wise, and pay you somewhere between $28k to $32k (at the absolute MOST, and almost unheard of). Commission-wise, you will be lucky to make $10-$12k on top of that salary. It really all depends on the geographic location of the branch they place you in, but the commission figure I gave is assuming you are in a branch that is in a good, high traffic, high income area. The person with the first question/comment on here asks about how the selling is done, and references an e-mail he received stating it is done by pulling people from the drive through and lobby, basically using aggressive tactics. Well, let me tell you, not only do they encourage aggressive and predatory sales tactics, but they force you to practice them. If you are worried about selling financial products to people who do not need them, then this job is not for you at all. That was my primary problem with this job, other than the crap pay. It is funny that there was mention on here earlier of convincing someone to take out a second mortgage to buy a playstation, because that is eerily close to the truth. We would have constant sales 'blitzes' where we would have to push whatever products our district managers and/or market managers wanted us to push on people, and I remember trying to pull people in to my cubicle from the lobby and try to convince them to get that second mortgage. It was terrible. In fact, Chase was barred in the Cleveland region (or atleast stringent restrictions were placed specifically on them in that region)in the entire lending arena, the official reason being their 'incessant predatory lending practices.'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (147) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

lf in ny in Bronx, New York

101 months ago

Countdown66 said: I am not sure how new the test is. I took the test and passed. It seemed to mostly deal with percentages. I was given a calculator and paper and pen. My suggestions would be to use those items and take your time when taking the test. It is quite simple if you take the information that is in the problems and write it out and organize according to what it says. I believe there is some rhyme and reason to the test, Chase would not be one of the largest financial firms in the world if they did not know what they were doing. Good luck!

I am going for the test in a few hours and after reading most people failed! Now I am nervous. I will take your advice in writing out the problems on paper which makes sense to me. I have applied for a PB position and really need a job since I just got laid off. Do you know if they let you know right away if you paseed or failed?
Once again thanks for your advice :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

101 months ago

jd said: who the hell keeps taking down my posts? screw you!

This is a moderated forum. Please refer to the terms of service before posting.
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bankergolfer in Gurnee, Illinois

101 months ago

I am a banker with over 12 years experience. New to Chicago, I too applied to Chase for a PB job near my home. Had a seemingly great interview on the phone, took the assessment test and FLUNKED!!!! Couldn't believe it. The test was not only measuring your math skills but also your personality. Wasn't interested in hog tying customers and cramming products down their throat but do have the skills to sell bank product successfully... just not their way. HR made me wait an hour before they called me in to tell me they didn't want me... Oh! Well! Glad that I wasn't the only one with that experience. Don't want to work for a company that can't see beyond the end of their nose. Thanks but no thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

james in New York, New York

101 months ago

So sorry to hear. I worked for credit card services. I was offered the personal banker job and took the assessment test. Unfortunately, I flunked the test too. Employees have to wait 6 months in order to take the test again. I submitted my resume to another bank and was hired instantly!Screw Chase!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ajay Jain in Garland, Texas

101 months ago

No you do not need the real estate calculator as the questions are simple math and logic, pattern questions. Take your time on the test as it is NOT timed at all. If you are interested in getting the correct answers use the paper, pencil and calculator and do not give up. This maybe your lucky day. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

Thank you all for your help in my preparing for the interview. I am going for it on Tuesday and I am sooo excited. I want the Job with Chase. Some people have had bad experiences, but I'm one of those people who create my own destiny, and know that no matter where you work you are going to face challenges. Haven't we all learned from highschool years and years ago that not everyone is going to like you or get a long with you. It really doesn't matter it's all about being professional and getting the job done and knowing how to work with people. You don't have to be friends after work. Do your job go home, pay your bills and enjoy your life. Work is business never personal. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome of my interview. Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

I had the same question on accurate reports. Its a very reasonable answer and the response seems to be coming from a very successful interviewer who will get the PB job! Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nike in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

Im glad i stumbled on this webpage. I am scheduled to take the assessment test tomorrow morning and have no clue of what the test will look like. you guys really helped me because now i know what to expect although i have only few hours before the test. i need to brush up on my math skills and may God help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Not Happy

101 months ago

Bears85 said: I have recently applied for a personal banker position at Chase and have received a call back to schedule a time for a test. What exactly do they expect from this position? I know that it is primarily a sales position which I am fine with, but one email I got explaining the position from Chase said the position would require an individual to pull people in from the lobby or drive -thru. My question is, Is that how aggressive you need to be? I'm about selling customers what they need, not pulling people in from outside to try to get them to take out a second mortgage to buy a Playstation 3.
Chase is extremely agressive when it comes to selling. They want you to sell everyone a credit card, checking, savings, loans, etc. Even if all they have is $25 to open their account. If I had talked to a personal banker before I took this position I would have not accepted it. I only learned about after I had signed the paper that I had to work here for one year or I had to pay them back for the training. All I can say is find somewhere else ... I've finished my sentence and am looking for another position elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in University Center, Michigan

101 months ago

Being a PB at Chase is very challenging, they want you to sell something to everyone and if you dont they are disappointed and critical. i work at an instore branch and it is very difficult. You think going into the lobby to talk to customers is difficult try going out into a grocery store and bringing back leads from people who just want to shop! Now that is a challenge!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Not Happy,

Today I had an interview with the Branch Manager. Within hours I received another call for an interview with the District Manager tomorrow. I am working in an horly job that pays $14.5/hr. They make us do some overtime from December to May. I make 30K with nominal benefits. My time off today for the Brach Manager interview was NOT approved. Should I put my current position in jeopardy for this PB job? I need an answer in the next 4 hours!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Janet from NJ in Parsippany, New Jersey

101 months ago

Ajay Jain said: Not Happy,
Today I had an interview with the Branch Manager. Within hours I received another call for an interview with the District Manager tomorrow. I am working in an horly job that pays $14.5/hr. They make us do some overtime from December to May. I make 30K with nominal benefits. My time off today for the Brach Manager interview was NOT approved. Should I put my current position in jeopardy for this PB job? I need an answer in the next 4 hours!

If you need an answer from someone else to tell you if you should take another job, then you better stay where you are. If you don't feel confident enough about the new job based on your OWN interview experience, then it isn't right for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

How do you develop cold call leads? Is there a database to work with or you just have to be creative? Are the Chase applications user friendly? The Branch I visited at MacArthur Road in Irving Texas today has a problem lacking traffic so they are moving to a new building in June. The Branch manager was saying things are so bad that there no where to go but UP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jason in New York, New York

101 months ago

You thought that was bad?? I'm in NYC... I have 3 other Chase's in a 10 block radius, plus 6 other banks... !!

Most of the branches has assigned leads for you to call.. So once you start with Chase, the branch manager assigns clients to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

jd in Columbus, Ohio

101 months ago

Wow ajay,

If that branch manager told you a)that they have to move cause traffic is so bad, and b)there is no place to go but up, then RUN!! I have said it before that it is a mistake to not only work for this company, but especially to work as a personal banker (or whatever they call it now, they change the name every year or so- used to be called 'relationship banker'). When I first started with Chase (formerly Bank One) in 2004, I was at a horrible branch in the worst part of town. I was only able to earn my base salary of $28k, even while trying to use their predatory sales tactics. The area was just so awful that 90% of the people could not even qualify to open a checking account (there is a system called Chexsystems that you will come to know well if you work in an area that is less than desirable). So if customers can't even qualify for a basic account, how would they ever have the money for investments, or the credit to get a loan? They wouldn't, which was my problem. But I ended up getting [somewhat] lucky and I was moved to a much better branch (without even having to ask, which is the only positive note I'll make about Chase). Even though I was now in a branch that was as good as it could get, my commission was only $12k before tax! And I was a national achiever!! So that puts my before tax earnings at $40k! That makes the take home equal FAR less than $35k, more in the range of $28-$32k take-home. For those of you without a college or high school degree, hallelujah! Yov'e hit the JACKPOT! But those, like me, that actually got a 4 yr. college degree, you will know that this is crap. Complete crap. I eventually left for a real sales job, a company that had better benefits (Chase's were horrible, I heard someone comment on here earleier that they were good, but they got worse and worse every year, and they are truly awful. And don't get me started on their caremark prescription plan). The company I went to pays $40k base, $35k commission.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Saint Louis, Missouri

101 months ago

I passed the test!! I was told that I scored very highly and guess what I don't even like math. So all you have to do to pass the test is take your time, take lots of time... write out the questions on paper so you can break it down because they are filled with useless information that have nothing to do with the answer. They are designed to confuse you. But if you take your time you will get the right answer. Also the other tests have to do with percentages, no real math all word questions, which I happen to be good at. After the test I immediatly met with the recruiter, then went to meet the brach manager and was going to meet with the district manager, but by that time hours and hours went by and I was starving. I needed to eat. I am hoping to hear back from them today. Chase has to hire 250 people by the end of the quarter so if you pass the test then you may very well be in like flinn. I still have some ways to go because I need to meet with the district manager. I want to address the people who are putting down those with no college degree. I don't have a degree, I have been to college, and just need a few classes, but I have ackomplished quite a bit in my life with Gods help. I bought a beautiful home on my own, I have 2 cars that are paid for, I have made more money in a year than my mother who is an attorney, and I am highly respected in the community and my church. A degree does not guarentee you more income hun, it is only a piece of paper and is great to fall back on. You don't need to have a degree to be a sales person, entrapanuer, or real estate investor, which from what I have seen are the people making the most money. Don't be sooo judgemental. Degrees prove that you have been formally educated, but they don't promise you any particular salary unless you went for something specialized like to be a neuro surgeon. Just wanted to address that because I think who ever is saying that is shallow minded or very young.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

MP02 said: I applied for the PB position on Chase's website. The recruiter called me in 2 days and I went through the phone interview. After that she told me that she would like me to come in to take a test and to meet with the senior recruiter for an interview. I went in, took the test, and passed. It took me about 35-40 minutes total. The first 10 questions deal with mostly patterns, critical thinking, and word/order recognition. One question for example had the following percentages that indicate accuracy on reports:
97, 98, 96, 96, 97, 98, 96, 96
If you had to order the next reports and you needed exactly 195. How many reports should you order?
a) 201
b) 189
d) 195
e) 203
The answer would be A) - If you look at the pattern you'll see what percentage would be next which is 97. If you take 195 and divide it by 97% you'll get 201. The numbers are rounded so you may have some decimals, but I'm just giving you an idea of what the first 10 questions are like.
After the test I had an interview w/ the senior recruiter which couldn't have went any better then it did. I then received a call 2 days later and now have my 3rd interview with the Branch Manager. Everything has gone smoothly so far and we'll see what happens w/ the 3rd interview.
I have some friends and family members that work for Chase. I've heard nothing but great things. Of course with any company, you'll have your pros and cons, but it really comes down to what you make of the situation and the opportunity. Everyone will have different experiences, so you just have to go through it yourself and see it first hand if you and the company are a good fit or not. So that's exactly what I'm doing. Just wanted to provid my input.

This post is helpful. Thanks! I have an interview scheduled to take the two assessments on Monday. I am going to look up sample percentage problem questions online before then to brush up on my math skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MP02 in Bloomingdale, Illinois

101 months ago

Danne,

How was the interview with the Branch Manager? I didn't know there was a district manager involved with the process either. Hopefully he's present when I go in tomorrow for the interview, so I can get it both out of the way in one shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

I had my interview with the District Manager yesterday. He was very kind and polite during the whole interview. He said the decision may come within the week. So I will keep my fingers crossed. I was promised $32K the higher end of the scale for a Personal Banker. I currently make $30K for 40hr/week with some overtime from December to May.

101 months ago

I read in some post that even the Regional Manager is involved. Maybe then there is another interview left as I had the District Manager yesterday with almost an hour of his time. Should I accept it at $32K base? The supervisor in my current job is not very helpful rather threatening all the time. So a lateral change of job may be due. Does Chase have a high turnover. I was told to get 70% on the certifications and keep commissions to $800-$1000/month will be average. Good luck everyone. As far the assessment is concerned take all the time you NEED because there is NO need to rush just get the answers right by getting over superflous junk information. Write and use the calculator.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

I met with the recruiter the branch manager and was supposed to meet with the district manager, but I had a prior commitment that I had set. I couldn't meet with him. My interviews were on Tuesday and her it is now Friday and I haven't heard from anyone in regards to the next time that I can meet with the district manager do you think I have reason to be concerned? I was in interviews all day with chase from 9am to almost 3pm and it seemed to go very well. I am a bit concerned because I am wondering if I should have cancelled what I had already schedules to meet the district manager. I heard that not many people are able to pass the test so I am hoping that they don't just cast me a side because I couldn't meet with him that day at that time. What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bears85 in South Bend, Indiana

101 months ago

email me at , leave me a phone number and I will call you!
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

KM in Gibsonton, Florida

101 months ago

Countdown 66 looks like you are living in a dream.
As an EX-JPMC employee, I wish you luck.
But please if they hire you, let us know how are you doing after a couple of months, because once you get in things will not look as good as you think and the honeymoon will be over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FE in Dublin, Ohio

101 months ago

Deanne wrote:
Thank you all for your help in my preparing for the interview. I am going for it on Tuesday and I am sooo excited. I want the Job with Chase. Some people have had bad experiences, but I'm one of those people who create my own destiny, and know that no matter where you work you are going to face challenges. Haven't we all learned from highschool years and years ago that not everyone is going to like you or get a long with you. It really doesn't matter it's all about being professional and getting the job done and knowing how to work with people. You don't have to be friends after work. Do your job go home, pay your bills and enjoy your life. Work is business never personal. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome of my interview. Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing...

I hope your interview went well and you got the job. Just what JPMC needs, more self absorbed, blind, flighty people to work for them. You will do well. JPMC needs people like you who turn a blind eye to what goes on in a company. Maybe you are just too blind to what is said on this board or you need the job either way you will fit in very well until they turn on you and eat their young. I am sooooooo happy that you will work there and not anywhere else so when your sorry carcass is thrown out with the other garbage do not say you were not warned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

That was intelligent and well worth the time it took you to type the message. Bravo

Gary in Schaumburg, Illinois

101 months ago

I worked for Chase June 2005 until March 2007. I think it is a great place as a steping ladder to your career. I was right out of college and gained my 3 licences and great experience my time their. The key to being successful is being in a afluent area!!! I worked in a suburb in Bergen County with 25 other banks in our town. I averaged 1200 a month in commision my highest payout being 5000 and lowest being 350. If you like sales and are half way decent with it their is no way you shouldnt be making 1200 commision if your in the tri-state area. Outside the tri-state I could imagine it being more difficult because everything is on a smaller scale. The pay range is tristate is between 35-42k and from what I hear you can get up to 49999 if you have licenses and experience. I know alot about the company and the way they waork so if you have any questions regarding a PB job let me know!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

I took the test this morning and passed. It was hard and took a long time for me to take, but I did well. It seriously took me like an hour and a half to take it because I really analyzed each question and the answers. Like everyone has said, there was a math section which was 10 questions and there was also an extensive section of personality and opinion questions.

If you take the test, spend as long as you need on each question. Use the extra paper they give you to work out the math problems and really use analytical thinking.

I'm supposed to meet with the branch manager and the division manager this week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

danne said: I met with the recruiter the branch manager and was supposed to meet with the district manager, but I had a prior commitment that I had set. I couldn't meet with him. My interviews were on Tuesday and her it is now Friday and I haven't heard from anyone in regards to the next time that I can meet with the district manager do you think I have reason to be concerned? I was in interviews all day with chase from 9am to almost 3pm and it seemed to go very well. I am a bit concerned because I am wondering if I should have cancelled what I had already schedules to meet the district manager. I heard that not many people are able to pass the test so I am hoping that they don't just cast me a side because I couldn't meet with him that day at that time. What do you think?

Hi Danne,

I bet you took the assessment tests at the same place I did. I took my tests and met with the recruiter. Everything went well but I was unable to meet with the Branch Manager and District Manager today. I really hope that by not doing so it won't hurt my chances. I guess if I don't hear anything in a day or so I will give the recruiter a call. What did you decide to do?

MP02 in Hanover Park, Illinois

101 months ago

I had my interview with the branch manager this past Thursday. I also met the investment banker and another senior personal banker. Everything went well. The interview was suppose to be an hour, but it extended out to over 2 hours. I guess that is a good thing because I'm sure they wouldn't spend that much time with me if they were not interested. There was role playing involved to evaluate your sales skills. The branch manager followed an outline interview script, which he told me it was required. Everything went well. He said I should hear something within a week or so. I'll keep you guys posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois

101 months ago

jd, i couldn't agree more with the comments that you are making on this message board. i've been a pb with the bank for 4 months now and every word that you said from your post about 15 days ago is absolutely true. "work the lobby" is the biggest piece of sh!it i've ever seen. what job are you at now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

daggs23 in Schaumburg, Illinois

101 months ago

the comment from 19 days ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

I didn't meet with the district manager because I just couldn't I had been interviewing from 9am-almost 3pm, and I was tired and hungry. I met the recruiter, manager,sales manager, and they wanted me to meet with the district, but I was losing my fire. I did get a call from the recruiter though and she wants to schedule the interview with the district manager asap. I would like to know why daggs23 is not happy after only 4 months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

I was wondering if someone could tell me what they like about the company and position. I am currently a mortgage loan officer and I specialize in sub prime and at this time the market is nasty I am looking for something else. is there anyone else who has worked as a pb after doing loans? What do you think about it? Do you like it better?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in New York, New York

101 months ago

MP02 said: I don't mean to sound offensive, but isn't that what a sales position entails? It's suppose to be challenging and it's suppose to be hard. If you have a difficult time trying to make it work then you might be in the wrong field. I understand people will have their cons about a company, but you're going to have them anywhere you go. You make the most of the opportunity and if it's not something you like then take the experience and move on elsewhere. You'll have a good reference/experience under your belt.

I second that!!!! Trust me financial sales is one of the most difficult feilds you can get into, but with high risk, comes high reward. The easiest (But still difficult) place to do financial sales is in a bank!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

Well I didn't get the PB job. I thought my interview went well, but I guess I was wrong.

JD, what sort of sales do you work in currently? It seems that you like it a lot better. Is there an email option on here so I can ask you some questions? I might want to get into the same sort of sales you are in. I have a 4 year degree and am one class away from completing my MBA, so I know I am worth more than $32k. For one thing, I have to pay back all my student loans!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

JD Do you feel good about yourself? Cause in the end as long as you can live with yourself that's all that matters.... All anyone can do for someone like you is pray. Cause you obvioulsy have a hard life... Too much anger in you. I wish you were happier about life than you are... Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll have something clever to say next, I won't respond though because I don't argue with ignorant strangers on the computer, I'm too grown for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

Blue I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, I wish you well in the rest of your hunt, I know all too well about those never ending student loans. You didn't get this job because there is something better for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

danne said: Blue I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, I wish you well in the rest of your hunt, I know all too well about those never ending student loans. You didn't get this job because there is something better for you.

Thanks Danne, I hope so. I have been getting pretty frustrated with my job search. Did you get the job?

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

I have an interview witht he district manager next week. How many interviews did you have before you got word that you were not selected? Did they give you a reason? Where have you worked previously? Where are you looking next?

Dana in Naperville, Illinois

101 months ago

MP02in Bloomingdale, Illinois said: I applied for the PB position on Chase's website. The recruiter called me in 2 days and I went through the phone interview. After that she told me that she would like me to come in to take a test and to meet with the senior recruiter for an interview. I went in, took the test, and passed. It took me about 35-40 minutes total. The first 10 questions deal with mostly patterns, critical thinking, and word/order recognition. One question for example had the following percentages that indicate accuracy on reports:

97, 98, 96, 96, 97, 98, 96, 96

If you had to order the next reports and you needed exactly 195. How many reports should you order?

a) 201
b) 189
d) 195
e) 203

The answer would be A) - If you look at the pattern you'll see what percentage would be next which is 97. If you take 195 and divide it by 97% you'll get 201. The numbers are rounded so you may have some decimals, but I'm just giving you an idea of what the first 10 questions are like.

After the test I had an interview w/ the senior recruiter which couldn't have went any better then it did. I then received a call 2 days later and now have my 3rd interview with the Branch Manager. Everything has gone smoothly so far and we'll see what happens w/ the 3rd interview.

I have some friends and family members that work for Chase. I've heard nothing but great things. Of course with any company, you'll have your pros and cons, but it really comes down to what you make of the situation and the opportunity. Everyone will have different experiences, so you just have to go through it yourself and see it first hand if you and the company are a good fit or not. So that's exactly what I'm doing. Just wanted to provid my input.

Ok so maybe im doing something wrong here but when i keep putting that equation into my calculator im getting 189.15 which would obviously round to 189 soooo would that mean the answer is B and not A???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Valley Ranch MBA in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

Hey folks! JD... you are a crude individual!

Blue, Danne...

I interviewed for a Personal Banker position this week after passing the test on Tuesday. Although I do not this is the absolute best job in the world, I do believe that it is an excellent place to start in a very large corporation that would lead to a solid career progression with ample opportunities. I too have an MBA, and could easily take a higher paying job, but I think Chase is a great long-term opportunity.

I haven't heard back from the recruiter yet... how long did it take for you huys to hear if there was a job offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

blue in Irving, Texas

101 months ago

Valley Ranch MBA, after I met with the recruiter on Monday, I heard back from her on Tuesday to set up the manager interview. Here is how the process went for me:
I met with the recruiter and took my test on Monday. I then met with both the branch manager and the district manager together in an interview yesterday. It was a little intimidating because it was both of them interviewing me at the same time. I contacted my recruiter almost immediately after my interview and she had already talked to them. They had already told her that they didn't want me. I was pretty disappointed.

Danne, I guess they didn't feel I would be aggressive enough, but I don't know how they would know that if I haven't even shown them how I am as a salesperson first. I felt like the interview went pretty well and that I answered their questions efficiently. I have another interview for a sales job on Tuesday and I am going to check out other banks, so its okay. I know that different areas of Chase in Dallas are in different markets, so I might try to get a PB job in another part of Dallas.

danne in Dallas, Texas

101 months ago

The way that it worked for me is I took the test and passed thank goodness, I then met with the recruiter, and then with the branch manager and his sales manager, they wanted me to meet with the district manager the same day and I had to decline the invitation at the time because it was late in the afternoon at that point and I started the process at 8 am and I was tired and hungry. I have heard back from the recruiter and they are wanting to schedule the interview with the District manager at this time which I am hoping I can have on monday or tuesday at the latest. Does anyone know after you get the offer how soon they send you to have your credit check and FBI check, and drug test? and then after that how soon is the start date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.