Chase bank has a bad branch

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

Dr B. Massari in Gilbert, Arizona

87 months ago

There is a non-compliant branch on Higley Rd and Guadalupe in Gilbert.
The branch managers and officers are not banking material and they do not know how to service their customers in a professional way. They have no class or tact and do not know how to address a professional customer. They need more training in how to respect a customer and respect the levels of their customers who by the way pay them to work at that and other branches. I have known many customers that took their money elsewhere because of the lack of tact and respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Kaydee in the Midwest.

87 months ago

I was verbally abused by a Chase personal banker when I went in to close one of several accounts I had. To make matters worse I was with an elderly handicapped parent. It was embarrasing because other customers were in the bank while she stood up from her desk and yelled at me to not interrupt her, as I was attempting to explain a problem with the account's statement which she asked about in the first place. The woman didn't seem to care how terrible and unprofessional she appeared! I am still in shock and never received an apology from anyone at Chase. At Chase the customer is always wrong. Of course I subsequently closed all my other accounts there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Berni Massari in Gilbert, Arizona

87 months ago

I am going to call the banking commission and report all the chase bank branches and the bank itself for the disrespect they present to the customer and with permission to this forum, for all those that responded to my emails I would like to use them as a reference point. There are no names on the posts so you will remain confidential. I will however post my name.
I dont care about Chase bank or who it is represented by.
Further more, the name of the sloppy rep for the branches in Arizona is Donna.
Donna, if you can see this, get yourself cleaned up. Your appearance is disenchanting to the customer, which will no longer be me by the way. My accounts get closed tomorrow along with anyone else I can persuade over the radio and the internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Hey Bronx NY,
Thank you for a wonderful comment on Chase. Maybe thats why they are called Chase, everyone chasing to get out of the door and go somewhere else.
I have banked in assorted places and never in my life have found any bank to be as rude or caustic to the customer as Chase. I also have incurred the same problems as you speak of, being rude and agressive about accounts and they trying to sell everything even if the customer dosent want to hear it. My brother once tried to close out his account and they badgered him so bad that he had to end up yelling in the branch to get his account closed and get out of there. They at Chase Bank are surely DESPERATE for your business. DONT BANK AT CHASE. Once they became Chase, Bank One lost all the respect from everyone out there. It is my right to picket the front of the branches to let people know just how awful they treat people from their own employees to the customer.
The first time I encountered their rep Donna coming to professional meetings dressed like she just stepped out of a thrift store should have been the tip off for me not to go there. I once asked her help in gaining a credit card and she said that I had to put 10,000 dollars into an account first.If I had that kind of money floating around I would'nt need her credit card in the first place. This is another disgusting endeavor of Chase reps helping the customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Kaydee in the Midwest.

87 months ago

I also have to agree about the sloppy, wrinkled uniform shirts that the women employees at Chase wear. They look like auto mechanic's style shirts, or worse, the shirts one sees in a movie of inmates in a prison! I would certainly not be happy to have to wear this if I were an employee in a bank! I wonder if this is some psychological means of removing the employee's individuality, or meant as an intimidating psychological show of force against the customer? It wouldn't be the first time in history the uniform was used in this manner!! I am relieved that I will no longer be receiving phone calls from the personal banker as well, asking me all types of questions about my finances and telling me how to invest my money that I worked for! I felt that this was not in my interest, but in the interest of the bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Keydee in the Midwest,
You are SOOOOO right in all of your perspectives of the "SHIRT" thing. It is a ploy to take what ever mind that the worker has, if any at all, and break the spirit of the person. They must take courses in breaking the spirit of the customer as well. Happily, the customer is not dependant on a worthless paycheck that Chase hands out to their employed and expects them to live on that lowly money. I began this forum to explain to the internet how worthless the bank is. Thank you for adding your comments. It makes this all worth while.
Doc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kaydee in the Midwest.

87 months ago

It is also amazing to see all the sites that come up when one Googles "Chase complaints" !!!After what happened to me, however, I am not surprised, and I anticipate seeing more complaints with the terrible way Chase treats their customers, and with the unprofessional image they present. I have also since talked to many people and found out that they have had problems with Chase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

the end is near in Youngstown, Ohio

82 months ago

im dealing with chase on a car loan and there not being very nice about it.Ron Murphy is very rude will not work with customers im trying to work out payment plans his idea is to give him the full lump sum im trying to work with chase bank but im starting to feal like im in one of those commercials (whats in your wallet)Ron and J P MORGAN CHASE rather just take it all and put people in the poor house. chase is a very bad bank!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tanmaster in Owensboro, Kentucky

82 months ago

As a former employee of eleven years I can first hand tell you that they do not care anything about there employees. You are a robot,that is suppose to sale anything and everything regardless if it is for the good of the customer or not. Customer service forget that unless you want to pay them twenty five dollars an hour(to help balance your check book)they are way to corp. for me. That is why I went elseware and life is so much less stressful. I am not surprised by any of these comments really except that now I know that it is company wide not just in my town!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Chase Banker in New Orleans, Louisiana

80 months ago

No matter where you do business, there will be certain locations and certain employees who will do better (and unfortunately some who will do worse) than others.

Chase is no exception. I am sorry that you have had poor experiences in the areas that you were serviced. Fortunately, my customers do not feel the way you do about the services I provide for them. I treat my customers the way I would like to be treated, and they appreciate this very much. I am a personal banker who has made my success by being reliable, personable, and caring. Most of my business comes from the referrals of my customers who are already happy with me and would like me to give the same level of service to their friends and family.

Chase Bank is a wonderful place to work, and a wonderful place to bank. I hope you all find a better banker to deal with in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Chase Banker in New Orleans, Louisiana

80 months ago

FightBack in Amityville, New York said: If you are so good and since you are opening business accounts anyway, why aren’t you the business banker? The business bankers base salary is approximately $50,000.00 and they receive commissions.

sexualharassmentatjpmorganchase.blogspot.com/

I have been offered the business banking position a couple of times, and I believe that this year I will be making that move. I hadn't taken the job previously because of personality conflicts in the current management on the business banking side. The person who I really couldn't see myself being directly below on the totem pole is moving to another division this year, so therein my opportunity lies.

Like I said before, I am not saying that Chase as a whole is PERFECT. I just know how to make the best of my situation and bide my time until I can get what I want. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Adam Howard in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

80 months ago

".........Chase Bank is a wonderful place to work, and a wonderful place to bank. I hope you all find a better banker to deal with in the future."

That's some pretty strong kool-aid you're drinking there, chase banker. I can't tell where chase ends and you begin. If you are doing so well at being a PB with chase, why isn't your time occupied dialing for dollars or working the lobby rather than coming on these boards filling them up with your sensational fluff and lies about chase? If chase were so wonderful for you, you certanily wouldn't be on here.
You know, I'm just saying.....looks kinda odd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Dmoney in Gilbert, Arizona

79 months ago

All I would like to say is that I am a customer at the Higley and Guadalupe Branch and everyone at that branch is very nice. They are a very caring branch every time that I walk in that branch there are two girls there that know me by name and they always take the time to help me. So who ever said the Chase Bank on Higley and Guadalupe needed help with the customer service was completly wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

chase refugee in Broomfield, Colorado

79 months ago

Former teller in Colorado - I'm speechless with anger towards Chase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

You obviously haven't worked there long enough. It'll come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

FightBack in I am the real FightBack, New York said: Why are you trying to pass yourself off as me?

Pass myself off as you?/?????? Don't understand.???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

AnnaMae in Woodway, Texas

73 months ago

Adam Howard in Reynoldsburg, Ohio said: ".........Chase Bank is a wonderful place to work, and a wonderful place to bank. I hope you all find a better banker to deal with in the future."

That's some pretty strong kool-aid you're drinking there, chase banker. I can't tell where chase ends and you begin. If you are doing so well at being a PB with chase, why isn't your time occupied dialing for dollars or working the lobby rather than coming on these boards filling them up with your sensational fluff and lies about chase? If chase were so wonderful for you, you certanily wouldn't be on here.
You know, I'm just saying.....looks kinda odd.

You are very small-minded and very disrespectfully to other people opinions. What you are saying are not making any sense. Such as, if chase were so wonderful for you, you certainly wouldn't be on here. Do you know how many people hate there jobs and hate going to there jobs. People can,t quit. You have to do what you are require to do is to working and live. Do you really like your job at Chase. I dont thinks so, you are more upset with the situation because you knows that Chase has problems. On the other hand, you feel that the employers broke the rules. My question, if Chase is such a great bank, how do you have time get online and make comments. Should your hands be full of satisfying your customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Chase----away customers in columbus, Ohio

71 months ago

gochase in Mesa, Arizona said: I think that you all are just a tad bit ridicules.... First of all obviously the people who work at chase were not at work when making these comments. Therefore they wouldn’t be "working the lobby" or "satisfying their customers" because THEY ARE AT HOME. So why don’t you come up with some other meaningless question. Next chase is a great place to work. Unfortunately like ANY place their probably will be some problem some where in the world that causes impossible customers to be upset and to spread bad things about the company. You can’t tell me that you have not heard bad things about a company that you hand an excellent experience at. I work at a chase bank as a teller and everyday I go out of my way to help customers. Yes we would like everyone to use the services that we offer like any business. So yes we will offer them if needed. I like my job and I know that anyone in my branch would say the same.

you'll be singing a different tune about chase when they lay you off before long. don't worry, it's coming. the banking industry is obviously in the process of going down the toilet. chase, however, just happens to be one of the last turds to get flushed down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

amstay714 in Indiana

70 months ago

I am sorry for all of the non-believers in this forum about JPMorgan Chase. I am a former branch manager AKA "assistant vice president" of the firm. I am origianlly from NYC but moved out west, got married, had kids and learned to enjoy life... Than there was Chase.
I loved my customers and they loved me. I still keep in touch with some of them. I have hired Personal Bankers then fired them. I hired tellers then was forced to fire them too. I had 3 assistant managers under me and guess what? I was told to fire them as well. I still keep in touch with some of the as well. Whomever did their job, smiled and "cared" for their customers was relieved of their duties, dismissed, evicted, or simply put "given the PINK slip." We had 12 managers that worked in different branches locally in my district. Most were fired or resigned. this was right after the Bank One merger which was a nightmare to begin with.
We "worked the Lobby" we were aggressive with loans, credit cards, and other small products that many people abhored hearing about, but we did our jobs much to our dismay. Trust me when I tell you, Chase does not care about you as an employee or as a customer. I have met Jamie, Sandra and other BIG honchos within the firm. They all smile alot =) but none actually mean it. If they did, they would not work for a firm like Chase.
I now do investments for my own company, and Chase is long gone from my life thank the lord. Life is once again Grande. I see my old district manager working for Fifth third bank in a small hick town and I laugh to myself thinking she was my boss once and now I am so much better off than she ever could be. Too bad our Tax Dollar$ are bailing them out. The grass isn't always greener on the other side but it sure as heck better than Blue. Think twice before opening accounts there and think thrice before ever going to work there. So long =)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sunny Wood in WEST PATERSON, New Jersey

70 months ago

Hi, I too was a former "Chase Employee" before BANKONE took over, it was a wonderful place to work into. They Care for their employees and treat them like family. Until BankOne took over, everything was turned upside down. They don't care about Customer Service, the employee's moral etc. They turned the work place as NAZI camp. It was terrible. They should have change the name from Chase to BANKONE. They are the curpit for all of this. I am glad I am no longer with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Slave ChaseRobot in San Antonio, Texas

70 months ago

Well... what can I say. I have read a lot of these forms and I have come to a conclusion. The people who have a positive thing to say about a Chase PB work Experience are obviously SMOKING CRACK or enjoy the repeated attempts by Chase Marketing and Corporate to BREAK YOU! In our current financial crisis, everyone is hurting, including the banks. That means they will do what it takes to squeeze every last penny out of its customers to make a profit for its shareholders. If that means they have to turn every personal banker into a USED CAR SELLING ROBOT, then so be it. I didn't have a problem working for them at first, then things slowly began getting worse when the economy started to dip. Chase went into panic mode and when numbers started to slip, so did personalities and common sense. They started implementing these terrible cheap sales sounding SCRIPTS that make you sound like an idiot, especially when they force you to say them to your regular customers. (To them you almost sound like a McDonalds worker, "Would you like to Super Size that?") Even the managers are starting to smell the coffee and WAKE UP! On days that the entire branch busted their butts for a productive day, all upper management can say is "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" And they proceed to degrade the effort and set unrealistic expectations. Even if you are a top performer (which I was), they still aren't satisfied. You are unable to tend to your existing customers because they want you to WORK THE LOBBY for every single person that walks through the door. When they first implemented it, it wasn't so bad, but when they started forcing you to QUICK REVIEW people that you QUICK REVIEWED the day prior, it became MICROMANAGING to the TENTH POWER. Your regulars think there is something wrong with you because you can not deviate from THE SCRIPT and you are saying the same things from YESTERDAY. It immediately discredits you as a banking professional and now you are trying to sell them.(continued....)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

(continued...) God forbid that you deviate from the script to make it your own. Or you will have a BM or DM all up in your cheeks and I don't mean Bowel Movement. By the way... THEY SIT IN WITH YOU HOLDING A CLIPBOARD WHILE YOU HELP YOUR CUSTOMER! I've been with chase for 4 yrs and I couldn't help but be embarrased when a customer asked me, "are you new here?" while noticing the mgr in my office. Then they will critique your customer interaction and disapprove because you said too many "THE's" or something crazy like that. It has become a micromanaging FRENZY! And all you good hearted optimistic Chase lovers out there, don't have a heart attack yet... cuz IM NOT ALONE in my opinion. The same thing is going on in all districts and most branches who choose to conform to the used car lot behavior.Trust me, Bankers want to bail, but unfortunately jobs aren't plentiful these days. So most choose to stick it out as best they can to put food on the table... that is if they make 2 of four buckets to get a commission check. Thats right Chase hopefulls YOU DO NOT GET A COMMISSION CHECK IF YOU DON'T MAKE 2 OF 4 COMMISSION BUCKETS (no matter what you sell), 3 OF WHICH ARE NEW MONEY DEPOSITS, INVESTMENTS, AND LOANS... which no one can qualify for loans or invest cuz most San Antone peeps got bad credit and minimal $. Call me disgruntled or what u like, Now the truth has been told to u customers and hopefull employees. Now you know why u loyal customers are harrassed in your bank and why u should not work for chase! unless u like being an underpaid robot or being EXTREMLY MICROMANAGED. They might as well slap an apron on you and give u a Micky Dees hat. u go on DR BERNI, MAKE YOUR WEBSITE AND PICKETT SIGNS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

SORRY FOR MY NOVEL, but one more thing. IF YOU WANT A SOCIAL LIFE, DONT WORK FOR CHASE EITHER. Because guess what. If you don't hit your numbers or if your branch doesn't hit their numbers, EXPECT TO STAY FOR RANDOM CALL NIGHTS FROM CLOSING TIME TILL ABOUT 7:30. Sorry loyal customers, WE HARRASS YOU AT HOME TOO! The managers generate lists that have people on them that we have already called at least 3-4 times before to set appointments for checking accounts. If you're lucky, 4 out of 200 calls will make an appointment, and if you're really lucky, 1 will show up from your wasted 2 hours of calling and hang ups. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND PRODUCTIVITY!!! I can be more productive tending to my existing customers that send me REFERRALS for great customer service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dvdcrtr73 in Gilmer, Texas

70 months ago

I have just been given the final OK for a rapidly approaching start date as a Personal Banker. The salary is only $32k...my question is, what is a realistic expectation of commissions? What on average is the annual pay for a PB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

dvdcrtr73 in Gilmer, Texas said: I have just been given the final OK for a rapidly approaching start date as a Personal Banker. The salary is only $32k...my question is, what is a realistic expectation of commissions? What on average is the annual pay for a PB?

expect terrible commissions with the added bonus of working in an environment with low calibur people and moronic management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amstay714 in Indiana

70 months ago

Hey DVDCRTR73, I just got on to see what was new in this forum. I can tell you this; it all depends on the type of person you are and how aggressive you are. If you're aggressive enough and possibly cuthroat other PB's, you might do well. I had a banker making over 100,000 and a few over 70,000. The top PB lives in NY and she is Chinese I think and another one is Indian. Both reside in NY and top off around 200K but the odds of that happeneing are slim to none in a town like Gilmer Texas. Get your licenses (series 6 and 63 I think for bankers). Get some experience on your resume. Kiss some butt and make some important friends. Get your series 7 and 66 as well as insurance licensing and get into investments and NOT for a bank. Call those friends and you have a good thing going. There is no Cap for a Broker(financial advisor, investment rep. etc...) Those friends you made at Chase will be welcome opportunities. See ya guys!

dvdcrtr73 in Gilmer, Texas

70 months ago

amstay714 in Indiana said: Hey DVDCRTR73, I just got on to see what was new in this forum. I can tell you this; it all depends on the type of person you are and how aggressive you are. If you're aggressive enough and possibly cuthroat other PB's, you might do well. I had a banker making over 100,000 and a few over 70,000. The top PB lives in NY and she is Chinese I think and another one is Indian. Both reside in NY and top off around 200K but the odds of that happeneing are slim to none in a town like Gilmer Texas. Get your licenses (series 6 and 63 I think for bankers). Get some experience on your resume. Kiss some butt and make some important friends. Get your series 7 and 66 as well as insurance licensing and get into investments and NOT for a bank. Call those friends and you have a good thing going. There is no Cap for a Broker(financial advisor, investment rep. etc...) Those friends you made at Chase will be welcome opportunities. See ya guys!

I currently do not have my licensing and am told that I will be shut up in a room for about 2 months to sit and study 8 hours a day for the exams. Don't know if my A.D.D. can handle that. Also, the branch that I will be working at is in a town that has about 180k population with a high traffic area. How hard do you think it would be to make at least 70k (that's what I'm making at my current sales job)? I also read on here that based on the system that they pay you on, you should only expect about $10k over the base? Is there a 'cap' on commissions? I am competitve but not to the point that I'm "cutthroat" or disrespectful to the feelings and needs of fellow employees or customers. I'm also not one for being micro-managed. DO I HAVE TO BE A USED CAR SALESMAN FOR THIS POSITION? Wondering if this is the right position for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amstay714 in Indiana

70 months ago

Hi again DVDCRTR. I don't know if you're happy at your current job or not. That is something to ask yourself. I can tell you this; if you are already earning 70K, you can't expect to make that much your first or second year. What usually winds up happening is you're stuck in a branch with several PB's and yes, like a used car salesman, you will all be running at the potential customer. You will most certainly be micromanaged and you will be expected to like it. It's aggressive sales to the point where you feel *(and the customer's feel) that you're selling "used cars" so to speak. You will approach these customers and ask them to sit at your desk. You will recite conversations in verbatim that your district manager and BM will have you memorize. The fun part is that when they sit in the same room with you and observe as you recite without adding a single extra syllable. It gets better when you have just approached this customer the previous week while working the lobby. It's your choice but I think you know where I am going with this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

amstay714 in Indiana said: Hi again DVDCRTR. I don't know if you're happy at your current job or not. That is something to ask yourself. I can tell you this; if you are already earning 70K, you can't expect to make that much your first or second year. What usually winds up happening is you're stuck in a branch with several PB's and yes, like a used car salesman, you will all be running at the potential customer. You will most certainly be micromanaged and you will be expected to like it. It's aggressive sales to the point where you feel *(and the customer's feel) that you're selling "used cars" so to speak. You will approach these customers and ask them to sit at your desk. You will recite conversations in verbatim that your district manager and BM will have you memorize. The fun part is that when they sit in the same room with you and observe as you recite without adding a single extra syllable. It gets better when you have just approached this customer the previous week while working the lobby. It's your choice but I think you know where I am going with this.

amstay is absolutely right.....dvdcrtr, if you're really making $70k at your current job,and if it isn't killing you, STAY THERE!!! you will not make anywhere near that at chase, no matter how good you are. of course, maybe it's possible if the stars are aligned just right, and you are the ONLY pb at your branch (not a chance), so basically do NOT expect to make anywhere near that @ chase. in reality it would be closer to HALF of what you're currently making. not to mention- i don't know how much you like/dislike your current job (you must not like it if you're looking at becoming a chase pb), but you have to consider the fact that if you join chase, you will be walking into a toxic working environment that is the worst i've ever experienced, so please take that into consideration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

PersonalBanker in Littleton, Colorado

66 months ago

Just started at Chase. Any old employees looking to sell their Chase logo'd shirts and ties? I'm a 16.5 36/37, but will consider any sizes that are remotely close.

Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AcEXBOX in Salinas, California

65 months ago

Holy crap I just got hired to work for chase. I love giving excellent customer service. I'll post my experiences soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JC129 in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

I had my first day as a teller at Chase Bank today and it was absolutely horrible. They forgot I was starting and had nothing prepared. They knew I was starting today for 3 weeks. The manager who kept telling me I looked "12" (I'm 23) and continued calling me "sweetness" threw me onto a 10 line phone system and said "ANSWER PHONES" because "they didn't know what to do with me." They wouldn't show me how to clock in or anything so I was not being paid for any of my time. They said "well too bad we don't have a magazine for you because you will probably be doing nothing" Meanwhile the other employees started sales pitches on me about opening accounts. It was beyond ridiculous and I hope it was branch specific and not how the JPMorgan Chase company is ran. This experience has made me think twice about going in for a second day...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tim in Modesto, California

60 months ago

Dr B. Massari in Gilbert, Arizona said: There is a non-compliant branch on Higley Rd and Guadalupe in Gilbert.
The branch managers and officers are not banking material and they do not know how to service their customers in a professional way. They have no class or tact and do not know how to address a professional customer. They need more training in how to respect a customer and respect the levels of their customers who by the way pay them to work at that and other branches. I have known many customers that took their money elsewhere because of the lack of tact and respect.[/QUO

i'm new here and i fond your thing on chase. heres another thing about them people need to know. they let bad checks pass and won't do a damn thing about it and the people who wrote it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

laplaya in Acton, Massachusetts

60 months ago

A problem of competency has arisen at this branch for my family. Does anyone know a regional manager in this area? The branch manager is useless and my financial information could be at stake and vulnerable. I need someone who can actually accomplish something instead of dodging and evading. I need to pursue this but I am trying to manage it from 2500 miles away and not aware of any competent AZ attorneys to contact. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

b5 in lowell, Massachusetts said: yes indeed, RON MURPHY is so RUDE! I spoke to him regarding my payment that I owe and he gave me a rude tone and he started to yell at me when I was about to give him my account number. I just don't understand why they need my whole entire account number when they can just debit it out of my debit card. I mean its still coming out of the same account. I asked him several times to not talk to me with a rude tone and he started to flip out. I asked him if I can speak to someone els and he yelled and said " there is no one else that can help you, your stuck with me" I said that I have rights. I mean what kind of service is this. He said that he want me to hang up the phone and he doesn't want to help me anymore. I said no, its obvious I am being responsible right now because I said I'll call him back to set up a payment. Actions do speak louder than words. Now I feel very uncomfortable to give him my account number. If he/CHASE AUTO FINANCE is going to show that kind of unnecessary unprofessional manner then Why should I feel comfortable giving someone my account number over the phone to make a payment!?!?!

You sound like those morons that give the last four digits of their account number and expect it to be enough information to be found in a system with million of accounts that end in the same digits. The reason they ask you for a routing number and account number is because it's a direct payment to the loan. It's part of the ACH network is a is a highly reliable and efficient nationwide batch-oriented electronic funds transfer system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

JC129 in Los Angeles, California said: I had my first day as a teller at Chase Bank today and it was absolutely horrible. They forgot I was starting and had nothing prepared. They knew I was starting today for 3 weeks. The manager who kept telling me I looked "12" (I'm 23) and continued calling me "sweetness" threw me onto a 10 line phone system and said "ANSWER PHONES" because "they didn't know what to do with me." They wouldn't show me how to clock in or anything so I was not being paid for any of my time. They said "well too bad we don't have a magazine for you because you will probably be doing nothing" Meanwhile the other employees started sales pitches on me about opening accounts. It was beyond ridiculous and I hope it was branch specific and not how the JPMorgan Chase company is ran. This experience has made me think twice about going in for a second day...

You have probably figured out by now that you don't clock in at Chase. Can't believe anyone would complain for getting paid to sit around and do nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

My experience with Chase has been quite interesting. Everyone has been really friendly and cool. They were all willing to help me out and get me going. I did have a couple of run ins with the manager but we talked about the issues and got them resolved. Now that we have gone through conversion it seems that we have been short staffed a bit, and we are getting drilled hard. The new Chase system is not as fast as the old Visual Banker. In some instances yes it is but most of the time it's not as fast. Lines are out the door, lunches delayed, breaks not given. Hopefully week 2 after conversion will got a little better but I doubt it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dimples0374 in Plano, Texas

60 months ago

My experience with Chase Bank is horrible. They closed my account because they didn't like my deposit activity. Ok, I am depositing cash/checks and nothing had EVER been returned. I am very careful with my banking and keep records of everything, but without notice they closed froze my account. Then I get a letter telling me my account would be closed in 10 business days...the letter was dated October 21st and that after the 10th day which would be November 4th my funds would be sent to me and I should receive in 5 business days. It is now November 17th and my account hasn't been closed and they haven't sent MY money. when I called to check the status on three different occassions each rep told me the check had been mailed. when I talked to a 4th rep which was supposed to be a supervisor she told me that a check hadn't been mailed and my account was still pending. I told her I wanted my money as the letter indicated and she said ok and hung up. I talked to management and complained that everyone is not giving me correct information and they are rude. If it was me who owed Chase, they would not let a day go by without me paying them, but since it's the other way around, they don't care. They send out a standard letter and then turn around and tell you that the letter doesn't apply to everyone...SO THEN WHY SEND A FALSE LETTER?!?!? At this point I have found another bank and haven't had one issue with them and their customer service is actually good...unlike Chase. I encourage everyone to move your accounts from Chase because if you forget to cross a t or dot an i they will close your account and not give you your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisaonvani@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

I just got hired at Chase and am wondering how much money to expect in commissions over the $32k base pay. They said there is no limit, but I am wondering if this is realistic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jbrook in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

49 months ago

I would just like to say that the few times that I have used a chase bank I did have a good cust. srv. experience. However, I bank with Charles Schwabb and with unlimited refundable atm fees deposited back into your account at the end of each month and the high yield investor checking account which back in 2007 was about 4.5% I will never ever do my primary banking with another bank. It is good good however to keep an open local account with minimal funds as long as you are not getting charged any fees, with a local bank. The downfall to schwabb which enables them to refund all atm fees is that they do not have branches all over. A couple in all major areas of the country. So if you want to deposit into your schwabb account you either have to mail in a check or money order, which I have done and it cleared within like three or four days of mailing it or you can set up a money link with schwabb and your local account, deposit the money into that bank and then transfer it online to your schwabb account, although, I have done this and it does take like five full businees days for the money to transfer into your schwabb account. The customer service over the phone is always most excellent and they will work tirelessly to alleviate any problems you are having. And as always you can go to a branch in your large area if one is available and bring them a check or money order for deposit into your account. However when you do this it gets deposited, when cleared, into your schwabb trading account which you can then transfer into your High Yield Investor checking account online. transfers between Schwabb trading accounts and High yield investor checking account happen instantaneously except of course if its after business hours in which case that transfer will occur the very next business morning. But if you withdrawl money from an atm it will automatically take it from your trading account anyways if the funds in your checking account to not cover the withdrawl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr.S in San Bernardino, California

40 months ago

I have been a Chase customer for years,and never had a problem with the bank. Yes I'm sure their are a few people in every working feild that are "bad apples"
but in my case Chase is the best in banking. No company can remain in buisness for over 100 years if they "all" treat their customers bad. As for working for Chase I spent 20 years with them Chase Manhattan Now JP Morgan Chase never had a problem with a supervisor.

Rich Guy in Sugar Land

37 months ago

There's a horrible branch manager on @ 925 HWY 6 in Sugar Land, Texas. She has a nasty attitude but try to treat you better when she finds out that you have money. Stay clear of her and her crew. I felt very uncomfortable with her begging me to bring in more money. I'm wondering if the managers get paid a percentage of my money? Well, they're not getting any more of my money after harrassing me each time I come in. I will take it out little by little and send over to my credit union. At least I can trust the people there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeannie in Las Vegas, Nevada

34 months ago

Want to say "THANKS" for your great reward show on TV sponsored by Chase. You gave trophies and monetary awards to those organizations that help the most people, i.e. "She wrote Love on her arm," about the young suicidal teenager and the group of people helping those with problems with cutting themselves, i.e. she wrote "love" on her arm, and had that Iraq hero who was hit with a landmine in Iraq, J. R. Martinez, and others who do so much, and you gave them the recognition and monetary funds to do more. What an image builder that was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dawdebra in Oakland, California

33 months ago

Dealing with this bank is a joke. When you ask a banker a question about interest rate caps on your equity line, they have no clue. Basically, the personal banker I asked a question to just wanted me to go away. He said he would call me with an answer at home and never did. He finally called me back after I called him again and said he did not have my demographic informatin so I needed to call him back again even though he had my home phone number and left me a message @ home. This bank is a joke !!!! Please let me run away from chase

FAST !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

This place is a joke. No one knows anything about my loan. I thought this was a bank !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

This place is a joke i THOUGHT THIS PLACE WAS A BANK !

33 months ago

The bankers try and dodge you when you walk in if you have questions about your loan interest rates. They dont return calls because if they are not ripping you off they are not interested !!!

33 months ago

I asked a banker about a fixed interest rate on my equity line and he could not help me. I thought this place was a bank ???????????? Not returning calls

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.