Background Check at Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

fredericka cholang in Colorado Springs, Colorado

81 months ago

They are extremely detailed. They do what is called a U4 where they require a ten year history of every job you have ever had and they verify it. They want sups,addresses,phone #'s. Because Chase requires that you have a series 6 and63 license,and you have to get by the NASD and SEC, they are pretty rigorous in their checks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

joe nandy in East Windsor, Connecticut

76 months ago

did u get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

FightBack in I am the real FightBack, New York

76 months ago

fredericka cholang in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: They are extremely detailed. They do what is called a U4 where they require a ten year history of every job you have ever had and they verify it. They want sups,addresses,phone #'s. Because Chase requires that you have a series 6 and63 license,and you have to get by the NASD and SEC, they are pretty rigorous in their checks.

They were doing the same kind of background check in the 80's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried now in South Holland, Illinois

37 months ago

fredericka cholang in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: They are extremely detailed. They do what is called a U4 where they require a ten year history of every job you have ever had and they verify it. They want sups,addresses,phone #'s. Because Chase requires that you have a series 6 and63 license,and you have to get by the NASD and SEC, they are pretty rigorous in their checks.

I'm wondering if you were hired. I'm in a similar situation, 14 years ago I was charged with mob action and loitering, given 15 days of supervision. My lawyer counseled me to answer No to being convicted or pleading guilty because I wasn't given a conviction judgement and the supervision was discharged. Now I need to do the background check and I'm concerned that it will show up and they will take back the offer. Also the case is in the process of being expunged. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pd_on1 in Elmhurst, Illinois

37 months ago

If they find out about it, they will probably take back the offer, there is a chance they will call and ask you about it and if you have proof that you were not charged, that will help.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

loulou in Huntington Beach, California

37 months ago

Worried now in South Holland, Illinois said: I'm wondering if you were hired. I'm in a similar situation, 14 years ago I was charged with mob action and loitering, given 15 days of supervision. My lawyer counseled me to answer No to being convicted or pleading guilty because I wasn't given a conviction judgement and the supervision was discharged. Now I need to do the background check and I'm concerned that it will show up and they will take back the offer. Also the case is in the process of being expunged. Any advice?

I am a law student, if there was no conviction, then there is nothing to expunge. Also, you can go to your local court and verify without charge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Worried now in South Holland, Illinois

37 months ago

loulou in Huntington Beach, California said: I am a law student, if there was no conviction, then there is nothing to expunge. Also, you can go to your local court and verify without charge.

A lawyer that received counsel from said the opposite, if I was convicted then I wouldn't be able to expunge it. He is saying that there was a charge, but that I wasnt convicted. The disposition says found guilty, 15 days supervison discharged. I accepted the verbal offer but didn't mention it and now need to do the background chech. Should I mention it to the recruiter or the hiring manager at this point or is it too late?

Thanks for all your reponses and advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Downey, California

31 months ago

loulou in Huntington Beach, California said: I am a law student, if there was no conviction, then there is nothing to expunge. Also, you can go to your local court and verify without charge.

Have you been cleared to work at Chase after your presented the final disposition from the clerk of court regarding the matter?
I'm in a similar situation.
I had a retail theft misdemeanor when I was 17, now 32...
I was not convicted but placed on probation, did community service for 24 hrs.

I hired an attorney to have it expunged, I was hoping nothing on my record as since 1998 my record. I did the finger printing, and next day I had an email from the security at Chase that I need to present "final disposition from the clerk of court regarding the matter"
Though, I have all the original documents from the PD, FBI finger printing form...

I'm panicking though confident in my skills and character now. I've graduated from college, worked at big firms disclosing my past life. Never lied and never intentionally selected 'NO' to the question about any offense on the application form.
This is not for retail job, its at the corporate level.
Please let me know what can be done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anon in Berwyn, Illinois

14 months ago

what happened?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.