Fired From Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

FORMER CHASE EMPLOEE in Staten Island, New York

47 months ago

I was recently Fired from chase for alleged incentive abuse. They put my termination info on my series 7 . I am wondering what my options are. I was one of the top bankers there and have good references. At the same time putting that you are fired on a bank job applications almost automatically prevents you from getting the position. Should I lie about getting terminated? If so it seems like something like that is easy to check. Anyone been in a similar situation. All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Just fired too ;-) in Chula Vista, California

46 months ago

Hey, I was just fired from Chase too (literally yesterday 12-27-2010) and I wouldn't lie on your resume. Just overstate the positive things that you did while working at Chase and explain how happy you were as an employee there (even if its b.s.). I'm not sure exactly what you were fired for, but I was terminated for "incentive plan manipulation" and I was the #3 Branch Manager in Southern California... I was set to qualify for a semi-annual comp of over 20k and the manager's trip to the bahamas. After reading a couple of posts I've realized that the word will get out soon about Chase and their way of treating employees. If you can stay positive when talking about Chase during the interviews then you will be fine. Most recruiters already know about Chase from doing their own research, or from interviewing employees who have gone through similar situations. Stay up and if you have any questions I'm glad to help. I hope you find a job making more money with less b.s. very soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fired for "alleged" in Penfield, New York

43 months ago

FORMER CHASE EMPLOEE in Staten Island, New York said: I was recently Fired from chase for alleged incentive abuse. They put my termination info on my series 7 . I am wondering what my options are. I was one of the top bankers there and have good references. At the same time putting that you are fired on a bank job applications almost automatically prevents you from getting the position. Should I lie about getting terminated? If so it seems like something like that is easy to check. Anyone been in a similar situation. All comments and suggestions are appreciated.
I am not sure if you found this out already but Chase Investment Services will report your reason for termination on you Series 7 license. I would like to talk to you more because your situation is alot like what happened to me. Don't lie because you can't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FORMER CHASE EMPLOEE in Staten Island, New York

43 months ago

fired for "alleged:

I definatly would like to talk more, email me at djkiev4life@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fa85297 in Gilbert, Arizona

41 months ago

Just wondering if you guys find a solution to your "termination" on your license? I had similar situation with an online brokerage firm. Personally I believe it was a B.S reason, but its in the past. I want to see how you guys overcome the initial question, why you left your previous company and what was the reason.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Chase Mortgage Banker in Denver, Colorado

12 months ago

FORMER CHASE EMPLOEE in Staten Island, New York said: I was recently Fired from chase for alleged incentive abuse. They put my termination info on my series 7 . I am wondering what my options are. I was one of the top bankers there and have good references. At the same time putting that you are fired on a bank job applications almost automatically prevents you from getting the position. Should I lie about getting terminated? If so it seems like something like that is easy to check. Anyone been in a similar situation. All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

I just lost my job for the same thing. I had my step-son covered on my insurance, which he never actually used, but I was let go event after he was removed from my coverage. I was not paid on over a million dollars of business that I originated, and was summarily dismissed with the only explanation being that I read my benefits disclosure, and my signature meant that I understood the disclosure. My step son has been on every single insurance policy I have ever had since he was 10 months old until this summer. I was one of the top producers in my region, receiving several commendations. Everyone I was directly involved with was shocked. I enjoyed everyone I worked with directly, and would never have expected this outcome. My dismissal was certainly not for performance. I would be interested in knowing what you ended up doing about your dismissal (if anything?).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Former Chase Mortgage Banker in Denver, Colorado

12 months ago

Just fired too ;-) in Chula Vista, California said: Hey, I was just fired from Chase too (literally yesterday 12-27-2010) and I wouldn't lie on your resume. Just overstate the positive things that you did while working at Chase and explain how happy you were as an employee there (even if its b.s.). I'm not sure exactly what you were fired for, but I was terminated for "incentive plan manipulation" and I was the #3 Branch Manager in Southern California... I was set to qualify for a semi-annual comp of over 20k and the manager's trip to the bahamas. After reading a couple of posts I've realized that the word will get out soon about Chase and their way of treating employees. If you can stay positive when talking about Chase during the interviews then you will be fine. Most recruiters already know about Chase from doing their own research, or from interviewing employees who have gone through similar situations. Stay up and if you have any questions I'm glad to help. I hope you find a job making more money with less b.s. very soon.

Would you mind sharing what you ended up doing about being fired (if anything?). i was a top performer also, and was fired for the exact same thing, many months after I was told the matter had been resolved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maximus Aurelius in New York City, New York

10 months ago

Former Chase Mortgage Banker in Denver, Colorado said: Would you mind sharing what you ended up doing about being fired (if anything?). i was a top performer also, and was fired for the exact same thing, many months after I was told the matter had been resolved.

Read this everyone.

www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/JPMorgan-Chase/JP-Morgan-Unethical-Sales-Practices-Compliance-Problems/t466803

There are problems all across the nation from NY to CA with JP Morgan and inaccurate disclosures on licenses. Simply do a FINRA Arbitration Award search for "Chase Defamation". You will see MANY people who have fought and won. I am aware of one who won $500,000 just recently. Many have also has the wrong information completely expunged! Listen, get an attorney. If you cannot afford one, try to find one who will take the case on contingency.

Also, if you see any irregularities in compliance, "pushing of proprietary accounts" or funds, breach of ANY SEC or FINRA rule or law, notify the SEC via their Whistleblower page IMMEDIATELY, then notify the firm internally, via email. Do it in that order. By doing so, a potential "whistleblower" may be protected and recover damages under Dodd Frank, if the firm retaliates. That's coming from experience guys.....

Also, the firm will use the "Code of Conduct"," compliance", or other means as a pretext to fire you. They will then write up your license so no other firm will hire you. I know why, but I can't say just yet.... Trust me on this. However, they will not write up management because they fear they would turn on them. So, FA's, Private Client Advisors, and licensed bankers, cover yourselves. This is no joke, it can ruin your entire career because of the unethical nature of the firm. Other firms will not hire you either, protect yourselves....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Was with Chase until 30 days ago in Woodside, New York

10 months ago

Max,

Let's talk, i am in NYC as well. Email me @johndoe122614@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maximus Aurelius in New York City, New York

10 months ago

I hear some Private Client Advisors in your area were recently fired for not selling Private Bank product. I then heard they wrote up their licenses. If so, I have some EXTREMELY useful information for you and the other person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joe in Dallas, Texas

3 months ago

I am going through this right now. I seeked OBA approval to run for political office. It wasn't approved but was kind of a soft approval. I was told I could run for office but if I won I would need to resign due to conflict of interest. If I lost the election, then there would be no issues. Lately, I have passed some people off for claiming discrimination on an unrelated issue. So now they are threatening to fire me for OBA. I am not even running for political office anymore. When I asked why they are threatening to terminate me unless I show proof that I attempted to remove name from a couple archived online articles that list me as a candidate (erroneously), my DM was so vague that I called HR for clarification of why this is happening. I explained that this is retaliation so then they changed the story and said it's not them, that FINRA is telling them to terminate me. It's very fishy. Any advice would be appreciated. In 2 days, good chance I'm fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

suzy in Denver, Colorado

3 months ago

Joe, I would document everything and although you may not be able to do anything to stop them, it will come in handy with the unemployment department.

joe in Dallas, Texas said: I am going through this right now. I seeked OBA approval to run for political office. It wasn't approved but was kind of a soft approval. I was told I could run for office but if I won I would need to resign due to conflict of interest. If I lost the election, then there would be no issues. Lately, I have passed some people off for claiming discrimination on an unrelated issue. So now they are threatening to fire me for OBA. I am not even running for political office anymore. When I asked why they are threatening to terminate me unless I show proof that I attempted to remove name from a couple archived online articles that list me as a candidate (erroneously), my DM was so vague that I called HR for clarification of why this is happening. I explained that this is retaliation so then they changed the story and said it's not them, that FINRA is telling them to terminate me. It's very fishy. Any advice would be appreciated. In 2 days, good chance I'm fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Maximus Aurelius in New York City, New York

3 months ago

First contact a good employment and/or FINRA arbitration attorney. Get the name of the FINRA individual supposedly telling the firm to terminate you. That is highly unlikely.

Next, the firm will place you on suspension, then terminate you. It appears to be standard protocol. They do this with many individuals I have talked to. The firm will then use, "Code of Conduct", company "policy" or some other obscure paragraph in the hundreds of pages of documents. The firm will then write up your license via form U5. You will likely have to file an arbitration claim to clear it up. It's JPMorgan's way of doing business. Tell everyone you know and they will not be able to hire competent employees.

During arbitration, the firm will hide behind NY law, even if you are not in NY. The reason, they claim there is immunity from a defamatory claim via the Form U5. Get the following documents during discovery: Your entire employment file, performance reviews, any Disciplinary Advisory Committee (aka the DAC) notes, all emails between management and in this case, the supposed FINRA communications, keep a detailed account of every contact, who, what, where, why, and how.

In many instances, there is normally another motive. It is normally you would not do this or that that the company wanted in order to push it's revenue. I have talk to individuals who have been terminated for not pushing JPMorgan managed accounts, JPMorgan funds, and a whole host of issues. Too many to write here. Suffice to say, if they wanted you to sell something that made them more money and you didn't, that's likely your answer. The firm is notorious for terminating individuals under a "pretext". Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.