Fingerprint Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

THH in Moorpark, California

45 months ago

I think I am in the clean, but if anyone could help with some clarification please let me know. I have gone through all of the background check process with Chase. I am just waiting for my Fingerprint check to be completed. I have passed the Drug, and background check, but today I got a call from the lady reviewing my case for my fingerprinting. She stated that in 2002 (I was 17 and a minor) it showed I was charged with possession of Marijuana. It stated on the background check form that in the state of California not to disclose any Marijuana possession greater than two years. I asked if this would affect my employment and she said probably not and that my case would be closed within the hour. I am still waiting to get in contact with my manager and my recruiter to further discuss this. I don;t think I have anything to worry about, but if anyone can issue any clarification it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sf in Westerville, Ohio

45 months ago

I would look for employment elsewhere, if possible. It isn't worth the worry and anxiety to wait for results to come in for a job with a company with very bad management and lousy wages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Worried now in South Holland, Illinois

42 months ago

THH in Moorpark, California said: I think I am in the clean, but if anyone could help with some clarification please let me know. I have gone through all of the background check process with Chase. I am just waiting for my Fingerprint check to be completed. I have passed the Drug, and background check, but today I got a call from the lady reviewing my case for my fingerprinting. She stated that in 2002 (I was 17 and a minor) it showed I was charged with possession of Marijuana. It stated on the background check form that in the state of California not to disclose any Marijuana possession greater than two years. I asked if this would affect my employment and she said probably not and that my case would be closed within the hour. I am still waiting to get in contact with my manager and my recruiter to further discuss this. I don;t think I have anything to worry about, but if anyone can issue any clarification it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm wondering if you were hired. I'm in a similar situation, 14 years ago I was charged with mob action and loitering, given 15 days of supervision. My lawyer counseled me to answer No to being convicted or pleading guilty because I wasn't given a conviction judgement and the supervision was discharged. Now I need to do the background check and I'm concerned that it will show up and they will take back the offer. Also the case is in the process of being expunged. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

THB in Columbus, Ohio

40 months ago

Worried now in South Holland, Illinois said: I'm wondering if you were hired. I'm in a similar situation, 14 years ago I was charged with mob action and loitering, given 15 days of supervision. My lawyer counseled me to answer No to being convicted or pleading guilty because I wasn't given a conviction judgement and the supervision was discharged. Now I need to do the background check and I'm concerned that it will show up and they will take back the offer. Also the case is in the process of being expunged. Any advice?

I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP BEING THAT IT SAID NOT TO DISCLOSE IN CERTAIN STATES, FOR CERTAIN SITUATIONS, BUT I JUST PASSED A BACKGROUND CHECK FOR CHASE, ONLY WAITING ON FINGER PRINTS, PENDING, I DEPOSITED A FRAUDULENT CHECK LAST YEAR , NOT SOMETHING I DO, BUT SITUATIONS OCCUR, ANYWAY, THINKING WORST WOULD HAPPEN IS I END UP ON CHEX SYSTEMS, WELL I DIDNT PAY BANK IN ENOUGH TIME AND I HAD DETECTIVE AT DOOR, WHICH LED ME TO DIVERSION PROGRAM, INSTEAD OF GOING BEFORE JUDGE AND GOING TO JAIL. THE DIVERSION INVEST. WHO IS NOT A NICE PERSON TOLD ME APPLY AT CHASE, BECAUSE HE APPARENTLY KNEW THEY HIRE CONVICTED FELONS, AND I WAS NOT CONVICTED OF ANYTHING, SO ON PRE EMPLOYMENT PAPER, THEY ASK AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY OFFERED YOU POSITION, IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN DIVERSION PRO. I SAID YES, IN THE EXPLAIN BOX AND DIDNT ELABORATE. THEY EMAILED ME TO SEND IN COURT PAPERS, I SENT IT IN, ONE DAY, ALONG WITH PROOF THAT I PAID COURT COST AND RESTITUTION, THE NEXT DAY, I RECEIVED EMAIL SAYING I PASSED BG CHECK ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER CHECKS, EXCEPT PENDING FINGER PRINTS, WHICH IS NOT A PROB. SO AS LONG AS YOU ARE HONEST, YOU SHOULD BE OK, AND I WILL START JULY 29TH. JUST DONT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IF ITS AN ISSUE OR NOT, TELL THEM, AND THEY WILL MOST LIKELY GIVE YOU A CHANCE, I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE. PRAISE GOD. HAVE A BLESSED DAY, AND HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JohnWilson33433 in Sarasota, Florida

33 months ago

This is a good lesson to learn. Always be honest and upfront.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.