Hiring process w/ Chase Bank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (29)

Pd_on1 in Chicago, Illinois

38 months ago

Yes! I was offered the job! I start in 2 weeks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Carly in Smyrna, Georgia

38 months ago

Pd_on1 in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes! I was offered the job! I start in 2 weeks!

Congrats on getting the job!. I interview with them on Friday, if you could, would you mind sending me an email (CarlyVancil@gmail.com) with some tips on the interview questions, process, etc. I would really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Fenton, Michigan

38 months ago

I was offered the job, sent in all my paperwork, but is there anyway to find out the status of what has been approved? I guess no news is good news, as I was told if there is any problems my recruiter would contact me; just curious because I cannot log into the onboarding site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SB11 in Brooklyn, New York

38 months ago

Pd_on1 in Chicago, Illinois said: They will verify all the info on your resume. They can only verify what you put down, but they want the past 7 years accounted for.

When you applied you also use both your Cover letter and Resume? Or just the Resume.

I know the Assessment is important. But yeah. I'm trying to get in too. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Fenton, Michigan

38 months ago

Just put your work history on the resume & bring 3 copies of it with you to an interview if contacted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Fenton, Michigan

38 months ago

They better hurry up and contact me, my start date is July 11th, about a week away lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pd_on1 in Homewood, Illinois

38 months ago

This is what I did. Go to a local branch and act like you are wanting to open an account. I went to the Teller line to see who I should talk to and then went to the Personal Banker and I got all the forms and info I could get. I went home and studied their accounts and info. I knew I would be asked to role-play, which they did, they asked me to sell them a checking account. She was very impressed because I was able to pull out their brochures and I already know their fees! Just be very outgoing and very sales oriented! no matter what position you are applying for - it is all sales/service! Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Fenton, Michigan

37 months ago

Hazel, if you don't mind me asking, how long until after you sent in your paperwork did you hear back from them on your acceptance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Des Plaines, Illinois

30 months ago

Pd_on1 in Elmhurst, Illinois said: I have completed 3 interviews, phone, manager, district manager. All said I did great. Last interview was Thursday. Today is the following Tuesday - how long will it take to hear from a recruiter? The District Manager told me I would hear from another recruiter?
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get an offer?

I have had two interviews with district managers and one with the market manager. All three interviews went great. The recruiter sent me an email and asked for a w-2. I never had a company ask for that before. That was a week ago and I haven't hear anything yet. Not sure if I should reach out or remain patient...don't want to seem too eager. Anyone else had this happen or anyone have any advice? Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

classyguy in Des Plaines, Illinois

29 months ago

Joe in Des Plaines, Illinois said: I have had two interviews with district managers and one with the market manager. All three interviews went great. The recruiter sent me an email and asked for a w-2. I never had a company ask for that before. That was a week ago and I haven't hear anything yet. Not sure if I should reach out or remain patient...don't want to seem too eager. Anyone else had this happen or anyone have any advice? Thanks!!!

HEY joe am not too far from whre u live i have a question wat kinda of questions does the district maneger and branch maneger ask if u remmeber can u please tell me i dont have a degree but i have over 4 years of retail sales experience, i heard u do a role play if so wat kind of questions are asked n everything am really nervous this job depends on my life n future thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona

29 months ago

hazel in Houston, Texas said: Hey I would definitely recommend that you contact your recruiter. Have you done the fingerprinting, background, etc already. Because in Houston, if you do not receive an email stating that you have successfully completed the pre-employment process, than you can not start on your July 11th start date! It took about 10 days before I received an email saying that I passed everything, so please contact your recruiter ASAP or also call 1877-332-HIRE they can help you with any questions about your hiring process..GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi Hazel I have been offered a teller position at chase. I have an appt on Monday for drug test and pre-employment with a recruiter. Do you know what they ask in that appt I am really nervous I really want this job! Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Phill in Hubbard, Ohio

28 months ago

I had an interview for a personal banker job in ohio with the branch were I would be working. The interview went well and I was told I would be hearing somthing in a few weeks. It has only been a week a really want the job and have 7yrs exp in the field. I relly need to get out of my current job with anther bank can't stand it anymore. Anyone know how long the process really takes to get hired and if I haven't hread anything yet is that a bad sign

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Snake in Hawthorne, California

28 months ago

I interviewed with a Branch Manager a few days ago and got an email the next day saying I did not get the job. :*(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ash. in Valparaiso, Indiana

28 months ago

I applied for Chase last Wednesday as a Bank Teller, I got a phone call on Friday and they asked me some questions and said the Branch Manager would call me in 1-2 business days to set up an interview and he called me 5 mins later. I had an interview 2 hours later with the Branch Manager and I think the lady that does the hiring. I think everything went well, they said they had a lot of canidates and wouldn't know until the middle of this week. Should I be worried or is this a good thing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

JackieP-3 in Tucson, Arizona

28 months ago

Snake in Hawthorne, California said: I interviewed with a Branch Manager a few days ago and got an email the next day saying I did not get the job. :*(

Hey Snake do not give up! Apply to all openings available. I am sure something will come your way! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

thesis in Anaheim, California

26 months ago

Pd_on1 in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes! I was offered the job! I start in 2 weeks!

How many days was it between your interview with the DM and the offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trey in New Braunfels, Texas

25 months ago

hello
I was wondering if any of you can confirm whether or not they do a employment verification? and if it to the point with exact months and years of employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KEVIN33125 in Miami, Florida

25 months ago

HEY GUYS! I HAD MY FIRST INTERVIEW TODAY WITH A BRANCH MANAGER. I THINK THE INTERVIEW WENT WELL AND THE MANAGER TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR A RESPONSE FROM A RECRUITER! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? HOW LONG DO I GIVE THEM BEFORE STARTING TO WORRY??? THANK YOU:d

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

GuiMIAMI in Miami, Florida

24 months ago

HEy Kevin, I was also interviewed by the branch manager last monday, I realistically dont know how I went since I didnt prep myself very well... what location did u apply for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

rschiaffino2301

23 months ago

Hey guimiami... The course of the application went totally different to me comparing to u and Kevin, I had an interview with a recruiter first and she I was told that after that (of course if I did well) I was going to be Interviewed with the branch manager. Unfortunately I did not get the job I received a email yesterday morning :( I applied for the teller position at chase on Ponce de Leon... and u?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

makyen in Bayside, New York

3 months ago

Can i still get a job with chase owing $500 to them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Louisa in Chicago, Illinois

1 month ago

I interviewed for Chase at the corporate headquarters in Chicago just over a year ago. This was what they did:

First, there was a phone interview.
Weeks followed with no follow up or word. My efforts to follow up were ignored.
They then set up a series of interviews - 5 in one day. All interviews were entirely positive and they said they'd get back to me in three days.
Weeks followed and they did not get back to me. My efforts to follow up were ignored.
I was finally called back a month later. I was asked to come in for more interviews. I had four interviews in immediate succession. They promised to follow up in two days. They did not call for over 6 weeks.
I was still unemployed, so accepted an invitation for a third round of interviews. Two went very well. I then had a video conference interview with an attorney in New York, who spoke to me only in Chase lingo, as if I would know what the heck she was talking about. She kept quizzing me about whether I knew various terms that she said were standard in banking. I later asked very high level bankers at two competing banks if they were familiar with the terms and learned they were specific to Chase, internal lingo.

No word for another 8 weeks. I stopped trying to follow up because they didn't get back to me anyway. I started a new job. Then I got a letter thanking me for "submitting my resume" and telling me they would not be offering me an interview. This was after interviewing with 11 people in the company.

Two more months passed and the same recruiter who had set up the first 11 interviews and conducted the phone interview called me to ask if I'd like to interview for the same job, as if we had never spoken.

I didn't even bother explaining. What I did do though was to take my accounts and credit cards from Chase and transfer them to BMO Harris. These people at Chase were total morons, and very rude in managing this whole process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chequemark in Ossining, New York

17 days ago

Louisa -

I'm surprised that you didn't say anything to the headhunter.

Large organizations can get to thinking that they are the world, and forget that they are made up of humans AND have to deal with humans. I had a case, years ago, when I interviewed for a position with a major IT services company. They were bidding out for many contracts, and how they treated their employees depended on the nature of the contracts they worked on. So I asked a simple question that the interviewer should have been able to answer - Are your contracts mostly "time and materials" or "fixed price bids"? This interviewer had absolutely no clue what I was talking about, as he only knew his company's internal lingo. (Please note that this unnamed company is part of the Dow Jones index....)

There is a simple rule of thumb that I use in dealing with prospective employers. If they do not respect my time, or keep to their word regarding time commitments, then they are not worth working for AND they are likely interviewing you to justify their own internal needs to speak with a number of potential employees before offering a job to someone already chosen.

Respect works both ways. If I'm going to spend more time on the job than I spend with family, I want to be able to work with people I can respect. If they show me the same respect I'd show others before a position is offered (or not), I know that after a position is offered, similar behaviors will likely occur....

C

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

16 days ago

Chequemark in Ossining, New York said: Louisa -

I'm surprised that you didn't say anything to the headhunter.

Large organizations can get to thinking that they are the world, and forget that they are made up of humans AND have to deal with humans.

There is a simple rule of thumb that I use in dealing with prospective employers. If they do not respect my time, or keep to their word regarding time commitments, then they are not worth working for AND they are likely interviewing you to justify their own internal needs to speak with a number of potential employees before offering a job to someone already chosen.

Respect works both ways. If I'm going to spend more time on the job than I spend with family, I want to be able to work with people I can respect. If they show me the same respect I'd show others before a position is offered (or not), I know that after a position is offered, similar behaviors will likely occur....

C

Then you are wasting your time with Chase. My sister worked for Washington Mutual for 15 years and loved her job. When Chase bought them out, she lasted 18 months and had to quit.

In this market, most companies could care less about you. There are 100 more people who can do that job.

16 days ago

Ruby -

I didn't say I'd work for chase. I focused on how big firms lose track of the needs of people, and that I wouldn't work for a firm that didn't treat me with respect in the hiring process. The case noted by Louisa was horrible - and inexcusable.

Years ago, I was interviewed by a firm (which is no longer in business) in NYC. This firm called me in for a 12:00 interview, and kept me waiting for 45 minutes. I told the receptionist that I had another appointment and had to leave. Only then was there any motion to actually conduct the interview. At this point, I had no interest in working for the firm - and I learned a lesson: If a firm doesn't respect your time, it won't respect you in other ways....

C

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 days ago

Chequemark in Ossining, New York said: Ruby -

I didn't say I'd work for chase. I focused on how big firms lose track of the needs of people, and that I wouldn't work for a firm that didn't treat me with respect in the hiring process. The case noted by Louisa was horrible - and inexcusable.

Years ago, I was interviewed by a firm (which is no longer in business) in NYC. This firm called me in for a 12:00 interview, and kept me waiting for 45 minutes. I told the receptionist that I had another appointment and had to leave. Only then was there any motion to actually conduct the interview. At this point, I had no interest in working for the firm - and I learned a lesson: If a firm doesn't respect your time, it won't respect you in other ways....

C

I don't think most companies give a crap about how their hiring process is perceived. The technology has kept them at arms distance for so long that they are bulletproof to just how impersonal the whole thing has become.

I had have been on several interviews that were just doozies. And I no longer listen when a hiring manager says, "We'll be in touch". I just send out 5 more resumes.

16 days ago

Ruby -

This is where I'd agree with you. When the human element is removed, everything starts going to hell in a hand basket. I would love to see a simple act of courtesy, that for the people who are interviewed, an email go out to say that a decision has been made, and thanking them for their time. (I have received a couple of these emails.)

Until I have a job offer in hand, I will keep on sending out resumes....

C

16 days ago

Chequemark in Ossining, New York said: Ruby -

This is where I'd agree with you. When the human element is removed, everything starts going to hell in a hand basket. I would love to see a simple act of courtesy, that for the people who are interviewed, an email go out to say that a decision has been made, and thanking them for their time. (I have received a couple of these emails.)

Until I have a job offer in hand, I will keep on sending out resumes....

C

Same here. Even HR people say, "You don't have a job until you have a paycheck. Keep applying".

My sister works for a company that can get 1,000 apps for a single position. After awhile, you just become inured to the body count and courtesy goes out of the window.

I just think that job hunting is just one of the more unpleasant aspects of life; like root canals.

16 days ago

I've had root canal - takes less time, and is less painful.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.