JPMorgan Chase Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at JPMorgan Chase?

What do you like best about working at JPMorgan Chase? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

91 months ago

Salaries are not the highest. Depends on how hard you negotiate before you're hired. Bonuses are extremely variable -- person to person and year to year. Benefits are about the same as any other financial institution. Travel depends on the job and the manager. Some people are out of town all the time, others can't get approval to go anywhere for any reason. High emphasis on "cost cutting." If you work outside one of the hubs -- Columbus or the NY metro area -- you will feel a little forgotten at times. Don't even think about trying to advance very far unless you relocate.

Coworkers are great, though -- the best part of the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Florida in Jacksonville, Florida

91 months ago

Also, reorgs are constant and layoffs accompany them. I worked there for four years and had seven different managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Phoenix, Arizona

91 months ago

I'm mostly concerned with how much they pay a teller when it isn't posted on their website. Im looking in the northern Arizona area in Cottonwood. Any idea? I want to know if it is worth applying and taking the 100 mile trip from Phoenix to even make it worth my while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Roco

90 months ago

Bonus - what bonus??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Columbus, Ohio

88 months ago

ok I currently work as a customer service rep- im trying to be a banker and I failed the assesment and was surprised since i pretty much knew what it is they want to hear and all-I mean I've opened accounts for customers and all when there's not one available!! and for all of those People saying that this is just a small percentage of irritated people in Chase- FYI its not!! Ive met many bankers working at Chase with high PVCs as well as low PVCs- and GUESS what!! They all feel the same way- see if you make good $they expect you to keep them up there!they always want more- Always!- But remember its a bank thats what they do! Ive heard of bankers who are part of the top National Bankers for Chase who are going to quit soon not because their not getting paid well or anything like that but because of the stress the managers and district managers put on them. ITS A VERY STRESSFUL JOB!! Im on my second manager and honestly I thought my first one was doing her job I mean she was on the bankers CONSTANTLY but since our PVCs were horrible( I mean they have been forever because the location just extremely sucks!!) they pretty much fired her- and Chase does that anyone, Seriously unless you like to harrass people on the PHONE(because calling customers is A MAJOR PART OF YOUR BANKER POSITION), or grab people from the lobby- and speak to them through the drive up- then You might want to rethink of this position-
Yes you can make good money if your in a good location-
dont expect to sit at your desk and wait for customers to come to u. PS they do have great benefits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

japhia baldwin in Lakewood, Washington

88 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at JPMorgan Chase?

What do you like best about working at JPMorgan Chase? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

i would like to be a receptionist and learn more about this company that i want to represent.im good with working with people and i easy to get along with. i hope this job is in seattle and please keep in touch. thanks japhia!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

japhia baldwin in Lakewood, Washington

88 months ago

i was a realestate agents assistanent 4 years. i answered phones,set the appointments,made up the contracts,did some computer work,and help show the property. i have somewhat experience i would do my best to do the work im a quick learner and a hard worker if needed. once again please keep in touch beacuse it would be nice to have good job like this thanks japhia!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

GiGi in Ingleside, Illinois

84 months ago

Does anyone know about the Chase in Elgin illinois?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

31 months ago

mac13x in Tampa, Florida said: Ive worked at Chase for 6 months so far and Id have to say its a good place to work. If you cant sell dont work here, sure its competitive but the best sales people make bonus every month. Plus the new hire incentive plan makes it so that you get something while your training. They pay for you to get licensed, they pay for your out of town trips and the salary is average for banks. Wells Fargo and BofA get better salaries but our incentive plan is the best. Thats why we are growing bigger and bigger and why our banks are not failing. If your hating on Chase thats fine but put out some credible reasons instead of just saying they are the worst. Its a business, and a very successful business at that, for a reason, not your family. If you want love and hugs and kisses, go home and hug your wife. Work is work and Chase is a good place to work.,

Hmmm? Everything that I have heard about Chase says to avoid them like the plague.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mac13x in Tampa, Florida

31 months ago

Ive worked in many places. Hotels, restaurants, retail stores, hospitals, and call centers. I can say with certainty that Chase has been the best job so far. Most comments I hear that are in a negative nature are people who have either had a bad experience at a Chase or who couldnt work with other people. Believe me, its a bank, and its not easy at times, and yes its competitive. But if you are good at what you do, you will excel. If you dont know how to sell or how to build a connection with a customer then you wont do well. Ive only seen people fired for inappropriate comments to customers, or forging documents or being late too many times on a consistent basis. Chase is a great company to work for and this is coming from someone who has friends who work for Bank of America and hate it, and friends who work for Suntrust down here in Florida and is constantly under pressure of being let go. Theres no pressure if your doing your job right. Plus our perks are great, discounts are fantastic and next year we are changing everything about the industry. I do my job, make a great steady paycheck and honestly love coming to work. Maybe its just me but Chase is a great place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

scarlett in Denver, Colorado

30 months ago

I was recently hired by chase as a personal banker in Denver making 32k base salary. I am set to start this coming however, yesterday another bank offered me a personal banker position with a starting salary of 38k. Although that is not a HUGE salary jump it is enough to make a difference to me. Today I called the chase branch manager to discuss the position and the incentives and bonuses and he tried very hard to dissuade me from taking the job with the other bank go so far as to promise that I would be making 55-60k a year after incentives and bonuses. While these grand promises of making almost double my base salary in incentive pay are tempting, I am skeptical. I worked as a Relationship Banker for a very sound bank in North Carolina and I have never heard of such high pay outs for personal bankers ever particularly in this economy. I am also hesitant to buy what this manager was selling because he seemed to be a bit of a "slick car sales man" type. In contrast to the chase manager the manager at the other bank was very down to earth and did not make huge promises of large pay outs. Any last minute advice or perspective will help. Are these big promises something I can believe in or just wishful thinking? I am confident in my sales abilities but wise to the reality of bank pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

30 months ago

I am in the process of waiting to hear from Chase. I had my final interview yesterday (all went well) for personal banker. The vice president who interviewed me yesterday told me that Chase is starting to introduce more incentives for personal bankers to earn points towards commission. He said now is an exciting time to come on because the potential earnings for a personal banker have never been better. The types of products p.b get paid on do not cost the customer any money, so that much easier to sell. He also said that the earning potential for personal bankers with Chase are uncompared to any other bank. I believe that based on all of the research I have done. I have read that it's fairly reasonable to expect to make around 1000 a month in commissions. It's your call, but I absolutely think that you will make up more then double that 6k difference over the course of a year in commissions, no problem. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

taxlady in Federal Way, Washington

17 months ago

scarlett in Denver, Colorado said: I was recently hired by chase as a personal banker in Denver making 32k base salary. I am set to start this coming however, yesterday another bank offered me a personal banker position with a starting salary of 38k. Although that is not a HUGE salary jump it is enough to make a difference to me. Today I called the chase branch manager to discuss the position and the incentives and bonuses and he tried very hard to dissuade me from taking the job with the other bank go so far as to promise that I would be making 55-60k a year after incentives and bonuses. While these grand promises of making almost double my base salary in incentive pay are tempting, I am skeptical. I worked as a Relationship Banker for a very sound bank in North Carolina and I have never heard of such high pay outs for personal bankers ever particularly in this economy. I am also hesitant to buy what this manager was selling because he seemed to be a bit of a "slick car sales man" type. In contrast to the chase manager the manager at the other bank was very down to earth and did not make huge promises of large pay outs. Any last minute advice or perspective will help. Are these big promises something I can believe in or just wishful thinking? I am confident in my sales abilities but wise to the reality of bank pay.

would you please let me/us know what is the name of other bank? Is it Bank of America? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

taxlady in Federal Way, Washington

17 months ago

what is the name of OTHER bak who offered you a job? Bank of America or? Please, I need to know. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mac13x in Tampa, Florida

17 months ago

Although I only work in the Tampa bay region the opportunity for success is quite high. We have multiple relationship bankers who are national achievers and are easily earning over 100k. As far as base chase offers the lowest but there are no caps on incentives. I'd say trust your gut. My trick is refer to the loan officer the most things I can. And I regularly hit 2000 PVCs a month that way. So think about it. 33k (gone up because I've been there 2 years in July) plus an additional 2000 PVCs a month at 150% payout is 3500 a month - taxes, social security and healthcare still just about doubles my salary. Don't twiddle your thumbs like some bankers do and complain. I don't spend all day calling either. Its about building a solid pipeline. And frankly I've set the expectation with all of my partners and fellow bankers that I'm not there to be buddy buddies with anyone. I have a family to provide for. I'd say just trust your instincts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.