Disappointed

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Disappointed

36 months ago

I've worked at JP Morgan for 12 years, and worked my way up from a Receptionist to a Vice President with the first 7 years. I can honestly say, with every fiber of my being, that I have always aimed to do the "right thing", and have put blood, sweat, and tears into making sure things got done - CORRECTLY. In the 12 years I've been there, I've been rated in the top 10% of employees 8 years, and in the top 20% the other 4. Now to get to my point... It is absolutely disgusting and horribly disappointing to see how the culture has changed so much over the last couple of years. People no longer address one another with respect. Everyone has a political agenda, and because of this, nothing gets done! People try to sabotage major efforts that the bank spends millions of dollars on, just because of egos and wanting to say "I told you so". Every single meeting turns into screaming matches and nasty comments. I was recently told that I needed to "stop being so nice, and become a bully", regardless of the fact that I get my job done (and very well if I do say!). So why are they now asking me to be a jerk unnecessarily? The whole culture is just unexceptable, and as sad as I am to walk away after working my tail off for this company for 12 years just breaks my heart. They obviously have stopped placing value on the things that got me where I am today...but I haven't. Goodbye JPMC :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cats Meow in New York, New York

35 months ago

Re: "The whole culture is just unacceptable" .....
(WASHINGTON) - U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, commented today on an announcement by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) that it had reached an $88.3 million settlement with J.P. Morgan Chase for what OFAC deemed “egregious” violations of U.S. sanctions against Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Liberia, as well as sanctions targeting support for terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Statement by Ros-Lehtinen:

“The revelation that J.P Morgan facilitated transactions for rogue regimes in violation of U.S. sanctions is shameful. These regimes kill their own people, and some of them sponsor violent extremism and pursue nuclear, unconventional and ballistic missile capabilities. Yet, J.P. Morgan turned a blind eye to these offenses.

“I applaud the Treasury Department, particularly the Office of Foreign Assets Control, for their success in holding J.P. Morgan and other institutions responsible for their violations of U.S. law. Additionally, harsher measures should be taken. The repeated disregard of sanctions by several banks is indicative of the fact that existing financial penalties are insufficient to deter their illegal and immoral activities in support of cruel dictatorships.

“I urge the Treasury Department to impose the strictest penalties available against those who disregard U.S. sanctions against rogue regimes. I further call on other U.S. agencies, particularly the Department of State, to follow Treasury's example and fully implement U.S. laws targeting these thugs.”

foreignaffairs.house.gov/press_display.asp?id=1956

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kimber Davids in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

The entire culture has changed through out the banking industry. I have successfully worked for 3 (2 and one taken over) in the past 7 years. I have watched each turn into a negative corporate culture. You now have drowning rats with unrealistic expectations of profit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.