background check in JP Morgan Chase

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Jame80 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I applied some IT technical position at JP Morgan Chase and waited for final interview. Before attending final interview, they asked me to complete application form. In application form, there were really detailed section to ask for prior conviction. Frankly, I have an arrest record for shoplifting which was expunged through pre-trial diversion program, couple month ago. Actually, I was not tend to steal anything but charged because of sysmetical mistake. My lawyer recommended me to take a pre-trial program because it will clear my criminal record, even arrest record. In most application, I was able to answer "No" for conviction question because it was expunged. However, in JP Morgan Chase's aplpication, I faced question about pre-trial diversion program as below.

For U.S. positions only: (Applicants to positions outside of the U.S. please respond N/A) Have you entered on or after November 29, 1990, any program of court supervision or deferred prosecution or some other pre-trial diversion or similar program for an offense involving theft, breach of trust, dishonesty, money laundering, or the illegal manufacture, sale, distribution or trafficking of drugs? If yes, please explain. If no, please respond N/A.

Since my original charge was related with theft, I have to reveal my charge and attendence of pre-trial program. So, I want to know how it will effect further process. In addition, I also want to know how can minimize negative effect of this question. Any help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mepasiko03 in Washington, Michigan

84 months ago

I would just be honest. The background check they do is through the FBI so if anything was EVER on your record, even if it was removed, they will probably still find it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ptkjs4 in New York, New York

44 months ago

Did your charge end up coming up in the background check even though it was expunged? I'm in a similar situation where I'm asked about any pre-trial diversion program, however my application says for any criminal activity (mine was for mis possession) and it was also dismissed and expunged. I'm worried it will affect my application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tadpole in Flushing, New York

43 months ago

Jame80 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I applied some IT technical position at JP Morgan Chase and waited for final interview. Before attending final interview, they asked me to complete application form. In application form, there were really detailed section to ask for prior conviction. Frankly, I have an arrest record for shoplifting which was expunged through pre-trial diversion program, couple month ago. Actually, I was not tend to steal anything but charged because of sysmetical mistake. My lawyer recommended me to take a pre-trial program because it will clear my criminal record, even arrest record. In most application, I was able to answer "No" for conviction question because it was expunged. However, in JP Morgan Chase's aplpication, I faced question about pre-trial diversion program as below.

For U.S. positions only: (Applicants to positions outside of the U.S. please respond N/A) Have you entered on or after November 29, 1990, any program of court supervision or deferred prosecution or some other pre-trial diversion or similar program for an offense involving theft, breach of trust, dishonesty, money laundering, or the illegal manufacture, sale, distribution or trafficking of drugs? If yes, please explain. If no, please respond N/A.

Since my original charge was related with theft, I have to reveal my charge and attendence of pre-trial program. So, I want to know how it will effect further process. In addition, I also want to know how can minimize negative effect of this question. Any help?

Did you get a chase bank Job.I am on same situation.
Could you give me any advise.
Thnaks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried in South Holland, Illinois

43 months ago

I'm wondering if you were hired as well. I'm in a similar situation, 14 years ago I was charged with mob action and loitering, given 15 days of supervision. My lawyer counseled me to answer No to being convicted or pleading guilty because I wasn't given a conviction judgement and the supervision was discharged. Now I need to do the background check and I'm concerned that it will show up and they will take back the offer. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Focused in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Jame80 in philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I applied some IT technical position at JP Morgan Chase and waited for final interview. Before attending final interview, they asked me to complete application form. In application form, there were really detailed section to ask for prior conviction. Frankly, I have an arrest record for shoplifting which was expunged through pre-trial diversion program, couple month ago. Actually, I was not tend to steal anything but charged because of sysmetical mistake. My lawyer recommended me to take a pre-trial program because it will clear my criminal record, even arrest record. In most application, I was able to answer "No" for conviction question because it was expunged. However, in JP Morgan Chase's aplpication, I faced question about pre-trial diversion program as below.

WOW thats is so freaky!! i am in the exact same situation except my conviction was 20yrs ago and i totally forgot about it because never came up when i did my own finger print and background check so i never got the case sealed but the others i did. I did not check that box you are speaking of because i did not think it applied and now i am afraid they will recind my offer. Does chase have discression or is it political now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.