HELP: Background Check Clearance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

NeedAnswers in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

Hello All,

I need HELP. I am currently undergoing background clearance for a position at JP Morgan Chase. At the age of 18 (8yrs ago), I was arrested after being falsely accused of (4) counts of battery against a police officer. When it was time for me to go to trial, the District Attorney dropped "nolle prosequied" ALL charges. I never even had time to get an attorney or enter a plea. After the cased was dropped, I didn't think I needed it to be expunged being that I was never charged for the crime. It currently doesn't show on my regular background check and I wasn't aware that it was there because I worked for Wells Fargo before and they never brought up the incident. JP Morgan Chase asked that I provide a final disposition from the clerk of court regarding this matter. Do you think this will disqualify me for employment? Again, I was never convicted and the charges were dropped before trial. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jmb40 in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

34 months ago

Hey Dallas I am going through the samething. I submitted over my dispositions and I haven't heared anthing back as of yet and suppose to start there Monday of next week. I have given my job my notice that I am leaving. Have you heard anything from someone? and if so, how and what happened.

NeedAnswers in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

Yes, I did get pass the background check. I suggest you call the recruiter and find out where you stand... If you forwarded over the needed information, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Downey, California

32 months ago

Have you been cleared to work at Chase after your presented the final disposition from the clerk of court regarding the matter?
I'm in a similar situation.
I had a retail theft misdemeanor when I was 17, now 32...
I was not convicted but placed on probation, did community service for 24 hrs.

I hired an attorney to have it expunged, I was hoping nothing on my record as since 1998 my record. I did the finger printing, and next day I had an email from the security at Chase that I need to present "final disposition from the clerk of court regarding the matter"
Though, I have all the original documents from the PD, FBI finger printing form...

I'm panicking though confident in my skills and character now. I've graduated from college, worked at big firms disclosing my past life. Never lied and never intentionally selected 'NO' to the question about any offense on the application form.
This is not for retail job, its at the corporate level.
Please let me know what can be done.

NeedAnswers in Dallas, Texas said: Hello All,

I need HELP. I am currently undergoing background clearance for a position at JP Morgan Chase. At the age of 18 (8yrs ago), I was arrested after being falsely accused of (4) counts of battery against a police officer. When it was time for me to go to trial, the District Attorney dropped "nolle prosequied" ALL charges. I never even had time to get an attorney or enter a plea. After the cased was dropped, I didn't think I needed it to be expunged being that I was never charged for the crime. It currently doesn't show on my regular background check and I wasn't aware that it was there because I worked for Wells Fargo before and they never brought up the incident. JP Morgan Chase asked that I provide a final disposition from the clerk of court regarding this matter. Do you think this will disqualify me for employment? Again, I was never convicted and the charges were dropped before trial. Please help!

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey

32 months ago

Were you arrested? Is that why your finger prints showed up in the system? If your weren't convicted you should not have fingerprints inthe FBI system. I had a similar issue...

Anonymous in Downey, California

32 months ago

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey said: Were you arrested? Is that why your finger prints showed up in the system? If your weren't convicted you should not have fingerprints inthe FBI system. I had a similar issue...

Yes, I was.
Weird thing, i had it expunged.
I have the original finger print form from the FBI.
My attorney said, you weren't convicted, just placed on probation.
I will be going to court on Monday to inquire about my deposition.

I was under the knowledge it was all cleared. I held jobs at big firms prior to being accepted by Chase.

Worriedtoo in Columbia, South Carolina

19 months ago

Hey guys, I got offered Phone Banker, and I had a weed related arrest 7yrs ago, the case ended up being Nolle Prossed, and has come up on my background check, my recruiter let me know as a courtesy I guess, she doesn't know any details she said so I didn't volunteer to make myself look bad, I just told her it was Nolle Prossed but did not mention the weed, I was not convicted so I'm hoping this will not bother them since I have no other arrest on record. but she said that she will let me know when my background has cleared, her way of saying that i'm still in the running. Has anyone else had the same situation and gotten hired, I can't find a comment similar to mine situation, Thanks in Advance!

Jon in Caldwell, New Jersey

4 months ago

Anonymous in Downey, California said: Yes, I was.
Weird thing, i had it expunged.
I have the original finger print form from the FBI.
My attorney said, you weren't convicted, just placed on probation.
I will be going to court on Monday to inquire about my deposition.

I was under the knowledge it was all cleared. I held jobs at big firms prior to being accepted by Chase .

Did you get the job still?

Jon in Caldwell, New Jersey

4 months ago

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey said: Were you arrested? Is that why your finger prints showed up in the system? If your weren't convicted you should not have fingerprints inthe FBI system. I had a similar issue...

What was your issue?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.