HELP: Background Check Clearance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

NeedAnswers in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

Hello All,

I need HELP. I am currently undergoing background clearance for a position at JP Morgan Chase. At the age of 18 (8yrs ago), I was arrested after being falsely accused of (4) counts of battery against a police officer. When it was time for me to go to trial, the District Attorney dropped "nolle prosequied" ALL charges. I never even had time to get an attorney or enter a plea. After the cased was dropped, I didn't think I needed it to be expunged being that I was never charged for the crime. It currently doesn't show on my regular background check and I wasn't aware that it was there because I worked for Wells Fargo before and they never brought up the incident. JP Morgan Chase asked that I provide a final disposition from the clerk of court regarding this matter. Do you think this will disqualify me for employment? Again, I was never convicted and the charges were dropped before trial. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

NeedAnswers in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

Yes, I did get pass the background check. I suggest you call the recruiter and find out where you stand... If you forwarded over the needed information, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Downey, California

56 months ago

Have you been cleared to work at Chase after your presented the final disposition from the clerk of court regarding the matter?
I'm in a similar situation.
I had a retail theft misdemeanor when I was 17, now 32...
I was not convicted but placed on probation, did community service for 24 hrs.

I hired an attorney to have it expunged, I was hoping nothing on my record as since 1998 my record. I did the finger printing, and next day I had an email from the security at Chase that I need to present "final disposition from the clerk of court regarding the matter"
Though, I have all the original documents from the PD, FBI finger printing form...

I'm panicking though confident in my skills and character now. I've graduated from college, worked at big firms disclosing my past life. Never lied and never intentionally selected 'NO' to the question about any offense on the application form.
This is not for retail job, its at the corporate level.
Please let me know what can be done.

NeedAnswers in Dallas, Texas said: Hello All,

I need HELP. I am currently undergoing background clearance for a position at JP Morgan Chase. At the age of 18 (8yrs ago), I was arrested after being falsely accused of (4) counts of battery against a police officer. When it was time for me to go to trial, the District Attorney dropped "nolle prosequied" ALL charges. I never even had time to get an attorney or enter a plea. After the cased was dropped, I didn't think I needed it to be expunged being that I was never charged for the crime. It currently doesn't show on my regular background check and I wasn't aware that it was there because I worked for Wells Fargo before and they never brought up the incident. JP Morgan Chase asked that I provide a final disposition from the clerk of court regarding this matter. Do you think this will disqualify me for employment? Again, I was never convicted and the charges were dropped before trial. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey

56 months ago

Were you arrested? Is that why your finger prints showed up in the system? If your weren't convicted you should not have fingerprints inthe FBI system. I had a similar issue...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Downey, California

56 months ago

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey said: Were you arrested? Is that why your finger prints showed up in the system? If your weren't convicted you should not have fingerprints inthe FBI system. I had a similar issue...

Yes, I was.
Weird thing, i had it expunged.
I have the original finger print form from the FBI.
My attorney said, you weren't convicted, just placed on probation.
I will be going to court on Monday to inquire about my deposition.

I was under the knowledge it was all cleared. I held jobs at big firms prior to being accepted by Chase.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

worriedtoo in Columbia, South Carolina

44 months ago

Hey guys, I got offered Phone Banker, and I had a weed related arrest 7yrs ago, the case ended up being Nolle Prossed, and has come up on my background check, my recruiter let me know as a courtesy I guess, she doesn't know any details she said so I didn't volunteer to make myself look bad, I just told her it was Nolle Prossed but did not mention the weed, I was not convicted so I'm hoping this will not bother them since I have no other arrest on record. but she said that she will let me know when my background has cleared, her way of saying that i'm still in the running. Has anyone else had the same situation and gotten hired, I can't find a comment similar to mine situation, Thanks in Advance!

Jon in Caldwell, New Jersey

28 months ago

Anonymous in Downey, California said: Yes, I was.
Weird thing, i had it expunged.
I have the original finger print form from the FBI.
My attorney said, you weren't convicted, just placed on probation.
I will be going to court on Monday to inquire about my deposition.

I was under the knowledge it was all cleared. I held jobs at big firms prior to being accepted by Chase .

Did you get the job still?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Caldwell, New Jersey

28 months ago

LOLA BODY in NEWWARK, New Jersey said: Were you arrested? Is that why your finger prints showed up in the system? If your weren't convicted you should not have fingerprints inthe FBI system. I had a similar issue...

What was your issue?

coolguy43 in Philippines

15 months ago

that's is a fairly common problem. You should make sure all your records are intact and you can also look for free tutoring online if you have problems like I did at preply.com/en.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sasha1007 in Tucson, Arizona

15 months ago

But my thing is, when you're unaware that this was a misdemeanor why are they denying you employment with them? I was even told that I should've looked up my criminal background....but I'm not a criminal, I only got a ticket while driving while my license were suspended. And once it looks as if you've lied on your application its a done deal with Chase. There's no way of fighting your case with them

kindanervous in Los Angeles, California

9 months ago

I will be undergoing the new employee process soon with Chase, including the background check. I am self-employed and have not kept good financial records. HR asked me verbally about my historical income and I gave them some numbers - they may not have been 100% accurate. So I am wondering if they will require any official financial information from me, and if so, what?

HELP!

beck in Concord, California

9 months ago

Hi! I am supposed to start my position in 5 days. I got an e-mail yesterday asking to send over dispositions for 2 charges I dealt with in the past.

I am worried because one of those charges was from when I was 17 years old. I was caught shoplifting a $20 shirt. I thought that would be sealed since I was a minor. Wondering your opinion on if they would hold that against me --- with me being 17 at the time and with it being over 9 years ago.

Any insight helps! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melaniewilson in Concord, California

7 months ago

Did you get the job? I'm in the exact same position. I've been really stressed out.

QUOTE who="beck in Concord, California"]Hi! I am supposed to start my position in 5 days. I got an e-mail yesterday asking to send over dispositions for 2 charges I dealt with in the past.

I am worried because one of those charges was from when I was 17 years old. I was caught shoplifting a $20 shirt. I thought that would be sealed since I was a minor. Wondering your opinion on if they would hold that against me --- with me being 17 at the time and with it being over 9 years ago.

melaniewilson in Concord, California

7 months ago

Did you get the job? I'm in the exact same position. I've been really stressed.

John doe in Brooklyn, New York

6 months ago

So I've recently gotten hired with JP Morgan. I got a DWAI (which is a traffic violaton in the state of New York). It was not a misdemeanor nor was it a felony.

I'm worried I won't get the position, any advice?

NeedAnswers in Mckinney, Texas

6 months ago

John doe in Brooklyn, New York said: So I've recently gotten hired with JP Morgan. I got a DWAI (which is a traffic violaton in the state of New York). It was not a misdemeanor nor was it a felony.

I'm worried I won't get the position, any advice?

You should be fine. You weren't charged with a felony.

NeedAnswers in Mckinney, Texas

6 months ago

melaniewilson in Concord, California said: Did you get the job? I'm in the exact same position. I've been really stressed out.

QUOTE who="beck in Concord, California"]Hi! I am supposed to start my position in 5 days. I got an e-mail yesterday asking to send over dispositions for 2 charges I dealt with in the past.

Yes, I got the job. Been at Chase for almost 5 yrs now

dm4y8 in Columbia, Missouri

5 months ago

Hi

I was recently offered a job at JP Morgans Private Bank in Chicago, IL. On my initial application I marked that I had not been charged with anything worse than a traffic violation. After being offered the internship contingent on passing the background check I told the recruiter that I had been charged with attempted resisting arrest a Class B misdemeanor.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and if they did would they be able to let me know where I stand with the company before the background check and after the background check.

Ssa27 in New Jersey

2 months ago

I was hired, pending background approval, for jp Morgan Chase in Delaware. I was a bit worried since I have a misdemeanor on my record from four years ago for shoplifting. I was found guilty and had to pay a fine. I thought they would rescind the offer since it wouldn't make sense for a bank to hire someone who has stolen. I originally got a call that I didn't clear to work, however, security decided to take a look at my application again since I disclosed all the information on the e-clearance forms. It took a week of waiting, but finally, I got my clearance and will be starting next week. I was told that it's very rare for the security team to give clearance for situations such as these, but since I disclosed all the details on my e-clearance forms it was a point in my favor.

Quick Question in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

Hey guys,

So I've passed all of the required pre-employment processes with the exception of the FINRA background check. I was called last week and asked to email an explaination of a repossession I had a few years ago. I've sent the email and my compliance officer let me know that she'd be forwarding it to some agency for review. Should I be alarmed by this? I have no criminal history nor bankruptcies.

Desperate waiting in Kissimmee, Florida

1 month ago

Quick Question in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hey guys,

So I've passed all of the required pre-employment processes with the exception of the FINRA background check. I was called last week and asked to email an explaination of a repossession I had a few years ago. I've sent the email and my compliance officer let me know that she'd be forwarding it to some agency for review. Should I be alarmed by this? I have no criminal history nor bankruptcies.

Hi I was wondering did you start? I'm on the same boat. I cleared everything on 6/1 but the finra has been pending since 5/30 and my start date is supposed to be Monday !!! I haven't received anything and my recruited said we have til Friday hopefully you are clear how long did your finra background check take to clear ?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.