My experience with hiring process at JP Morgan Chase...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Jeanet in Largo, Florida

37 months ago

Well, it all started on Sept 7th when I received an invitation (by phone and confirmed with instructions/directions on how to get there and who to speak with)for a face to face interview in Tampa (Call Center)/Recovery Department. I had the interview on September 12th with two Supervisors and a Manager. Everything went smooth and easy. Keep in mind that you have to always be prepare. Know about the company, ask questions, be prepare on behavioral interview, show interest and that you know how to do your job.
After that (like five days later), I was contacted via email saying that they liked me and wanted to offer me a job (contingent upon completion of pre-employment requirements). Then on September 12th I went in for fingerprints(completed at Chase location) and drug test in a particular lab outside the company. After that, they continue to follow up with me via email-showing the completion status of every requirement (fingerprints, background check, etc).
Today is a happy day for me because I just received confirmation that I'm officially invited to start with them in a couple of weeks. The last thing they were able to complete was the pre-employment forms. I hope you all find this information helpful.

Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

row roe in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Was a credit check part of the background check ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

row row in Dallas, Texas

36 months ago

Was a credit check done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

eromero in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

Jeanet in Largo, Florida said: Well, it all started on Sept 7th when I received an invitation (by phone and confirmed with instructions/directions on how to get there and who to speak with)for a face to face interview in Tampa (Call Center)/Recovery Department. I had the interview on September 12th with two Supervisors and a Manager. Everything went smooth and easy. Keep in mind that you have to always be prepare. Know about the company, ask questions, be prepare on behavioral interview, show interest and that you know how to do your job.
After that (like five days later), I was contacted via email saying that they liked me and wanted to offer me a job (contingent upon completion of pre-employment requirements). Then on September 12th I went in for fingerprints(completed at Chase location) and drug test in a particular lab outside the company. After that, they continue to follow up with me via email-showing the completion status of every requirement (fingerprints, background check , etc).
Today is a happy day for me because I just received confirmation that I'm officially invited to start with them in a couple of weeks. The last thing they were able to complete was the pre-employment forms. I hope you all find this information helpful.

Good luck!!!

do they give u a form to sign to do a background check.i did all the requirements but i dont recall signing a background check release form

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Damita Jo in Florida

35 months ago

From my memory, they sent an email (on boarding) that takes you to a website with the background consent form (and others I-9, Drug Testing, etc).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Damita Jo in Florida

35 months ago

row row in Dallas, Texas said: Was a credit check done

Not that I know. I think they're more concerned about criminal activity. Also the employment verification is really simple. They use a call center or something. Your former employer is just called and ask to verify what you put down on your app (dates, pay, how employment ended).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jeanet in Largo, Florida

22 months ago

I'm sorry to get back to you guys a year later....
But I have to say that my short experience with the company was really bad. First of all, I was hired to work on Custom Collections (outbound-skip tracing, etc). I had the interview with the Custom Collections department Manager and supervisors at the time. When the offer was made, I was given Manager's and department contact information. In training, we were asked how many years we had in the collections industry and what type of phone experience we had as an (inbound collections/dialer). I told them of the many years that I had on skip tracing and collections (outbound, never inbound. A couple of weeks after that information was taken, the trainers came out to say that some of us might go to inbound collections per business needs. To be honest with you all, I was not concern because there were others with that type of experience in training and it was clear to me that I would not qualify for that. Wrong!!! The last day of training I was told that i had to do inbound and that I had no choice-take it or go home. I immediately advised them that I did not agree to those terms when interviewed and hired. That I applied for the job because of the requirements. That if I knew I had to do inbound collections, that I would not have waisted my time applying for the job.I decided to give it a try. An inbound position might work for other people, but my job experience was in the field of skip tracing, outbound and working with old accounts--negotiating payments, charge off's, etc. Inbound to me is very repetitive and does not gives me the opportunity to really work an account--that's my preference. Unfortunately, in the State of Florida the law states that an employer can place you to work in a different position per business needs (sorry, can't find the information now) but that's how it is. Personally, I find that to be unethical and I decided to leave the company. I found a better opporuntiy. Just keep this info in mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jaschloee in Pomona, California

16 months ago

I have applied to chase relation banker and personal banker positions two days ago, and just wondering how long would it take for someone from chase to reach out to me? and is it going to be via phone or e-mail?
Please help! i have teller, customer service, and 2 years of banking experience with another big bank...and really hope to get a chase with Chase soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mnewton891 in Houston, Texas

3 months ago

Jeanet in Largo, Florida said: Well, it all started on Sept 7th when I received an invitation (by phone and confirmed with instructions/directions on how to get there and who to speak with)for a face to face interview in Tampa ( Call Center )/Recovery Department. I had the interview on September 12th with two Supervisors and a Manager. Everything went smooth and easy. Keep in mind that you have to always be prepare. Know about the company, ask questions, be prepare on behavioral interview, show interest and that you know how to do your job.
After that (like five days later), I was contacted via email saying that they liked me and wanted to offer me a job (contingent upon completion of pre-employment requirements). Then on September 12th I went in for fingerprints(completed at Chase location) and drug test in a particular lab outside the company. After that, they continue to follow up with me via email-showing the completion status of every requirement (fingerprints, background check, etc).

Good luck!!!

I applied and haven't heard anything. It will be a week tomorrow and I felt like the interview went well. I'm just not sure is this good or bad, should I wait or just call or what??please help .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.