How to get a job at JCPenney.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you work at JCPenney? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

alis in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

You can apply right online through their website at jcpenney.net, or you can go into the store and apply on their computer. They are always looking for friendly people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

am in Weatherford, Texas

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at JCPenney? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

just be your self and let thim know you will work for thim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bombles1 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

83 months ago

I have just started with JC Penney. They are after employees that "Give a Pickle" Walk into work with the right attitude and you'll go a long way. Don't just stand there stuffing a sack and begrudging a customer... Customers are who we're there for after all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

zanni kal in Plano, Texas

80 months ago

bombles1 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I have just started with JC Penney. They are after employees that "Give a Pickle" Walk into work with the right attitude and you'll go a long way. Don't just stand there stuffing a sack and begrudging a customer... Customers are who we're there for after all.

Hey I applied jobs through online. I didnt get any response. Can you plz help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

GoDux8 in Huntington Beach, California

76 months ago

bombles1 in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I have just started with JC Penney. They are after employees that "Give a Pickle" Walk into work with the right attitude and you'll go a long way. Don't just stand there stuffing a sack and begrudging a customer... Customers are who we're there for after all.

Hah..i had that "pickle" customer service class at the hotel i worked at in Utah!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

teddy82 in Manhattan, Illinois

73 months ago

What kind of questions are asked in the interview for sales associate? I would like to be prepared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Looking myself in Central, New Jersey

50 months ago

zanni kal in Plano, Texas said: Hey I applied jobs through online. I didnt get any response. Can you plz help me.

Do you have a friend who could sit down and look at one of your applications with you? If you don't have a printout of the ones you submitted alread, you could do another. I like the free service at my county's job service, really nice people. A friend in TX (really!) just today recommended Catholic Charities to me--as having a great placement service and for free.

Maybe there's something in your application that you could improve on--either by shining a light on your strengths more, or improving or adding some skill the store would want for the position you applied for.

I wish you the best of luck! I am new to this online thing. I am not so comfortable with it. I like to meet the people I'd work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Looking myself in Central, New Jersey

50 months ago

teddy82 in Manhattan, Illinois said: What kind of questions are asked in the interview for sales associate? I would like to be prepared.

Another thing I noticed today, poking around the JC Penney website--not to many jobs come up available where I live. I wonder--what if I print the application out (I'll see if I can) and bring it with me, or fill one out at the store-- I remember earlier, maybe last year, you could still fill them out at the store. I bet if the personnel folks meet you there and see your app--they know you exist, they know you know how to get there, they might keep your application and consider it for an opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Looking myself in Central, New Jersey

50 months ago

Looking myself in Central, New Jersey said: Another thing I noticed today, poking around the JC Penney website--not to many jobs come up available where I live. I wonder--what if I print the application out (I'll see if I can) and bring it with me, or fill one out at the store-- I remember earlier, maybe last year, you could still fill them out at the store. I bet if the personnel folks meet you there and see your app--they know you exist, they know you know how to get there, they might keep your application and consider it for an opening.

I meant to reply this to Zanni Kal in Plano, TX!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

socialble in Lafayette, Louisiana

11 months ago

You have to lie on the personality test or you won't get a foot in the door. Be the life of the party, above average in every way even if you don't know what average is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.