Johnson & Johnson News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Johnson & Johnson stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Judy

94 months ago

My daughter is a sales rep for J& J in San Diego. There was a cut across the board in Dec. She was layed off because of seniority. She was lucky enough to get back on because someone was promoted. She loves her job & the co.

Benefits and salary are great. She is required to dress professionally because she sells to doctors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Troy, Michigan

94 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?
How does Johnson & Johnson stack up against the competition?
As far as competition, Janssen is phenomenal. I had been employed with them for over 8 years. It was a great company & I left to pursue another unique opportunity. As far as lay offs, they may be going through some in the very near future. They recently launched INVEGA which is an extended release form of Risperdal (which will go generic in 2008). Invega is a great product, however, it is now competing with Seroquel, Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, & Geodon. If this launch does not go well, lay offs are inevitable. One thing about Janssen is that it is a company solely focused on mental health, which is great, but the pipline is dismal unless they (J&J) acquire some companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

caron fraser in United Kingdom

93 months ago

can anyone remember the name of a shampoo made about 20 years ago for mature hair (hair over 40 ) not that thats mature !!! but that was how it was advertised in a cream and maroon bottle i think ? made by johnson and johnson have been trying to remember for ages thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

LB in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

caron fraser in United Kingdom said: can anyone remember the name of a shampoo made about 20 years ago for mature hair (hair over 40 ) not that thats mature !!! but that was how it was advertised in a cream and maroon bottle i think ? made by johnson and johnson have been trying to remember for ages thanks

Oh- I am trying to remember the name... I worked at J&J when they introduced it. It failed in the market place because we did not introduce a conditioner with it. Sales kept telling marketing that you need to introduce both at the same time, but Mitch, the marketing guy, was determined to only introduce a shampoo... it began with an "A" I will keep thinkning! What a stroll down memory lane!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Thank you for reply. I have had one reply already they said affinity ? i remember it was only around for a bit, can you remember if this was the only one ? thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Could it have had a different name in the UK also ? thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LB in Trenton, New Jersey

93 months ago

YES that is it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

LB in Trenton, New Jersey said: YES that is it!

Could the name empathy have been used for affinity in the uk ? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LB in Atlanta, Georgia

92 months ago

Do not know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fred in Westmont, Illinois

92 months ago

Invega poses cardiac risk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Palatine, Illinois

92 months ago

Run from the Pricara unit ... Ultram ER is dying on the vine, no new products & more MAJOR layoffs to come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.