What's the company culture at Johnson & Johnson?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Johnson & Johnson?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Johnson & Johnson?

Reply - Report abuse

Former J&J Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee

86 months ago

In Memphis, they are either crazy or worked to death. No after hours because they work 14-16 hour days almost everyday and are forced to come in on weekends, holidays and vacation days.

A typical day at that site means coming in early, sitting through useless meetings, doing 2-3 peoples jobs that may or may not even be inside the scope of you job because they either quit or got fired for speaking up about the working conditions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tell it like it is in Penfield, New York

86 months ago

The culture is suppression and depression, do as your told don't make waves. Ignore FDA and OSHA (never enough money to fix problems) If you want to come home frustrated and depressed, feeling like anything you do will never be good enough to get ahead with this company... Then purse it.. The job I found this post site with is my old job and the posters here are telling it like it is, They might as well shred their precious CREDO because the company has become so dilute with other organizations and managements So many young managers from the "Me" generation, that the CREDO setup by General Johnson is now one big sheild that the corporation can hide behind. I consistanly brought up issues concerning FDA violations, Cgmp policies, and OSHA violations... Still managed to hang onto my job until at a supposed confidential meeting regarding "THE CREDO" I bought up UNION REPRESENTATION as a way to improve the working conditions and the relationship with HR, 3 weeks later I was suspended for one week due to time reporting issues and then terminated the following week. Funny how that worked out since my coworker had been warned repeatedly for years about attendance issues is still working there and I had never recieve a warning about attendance or time reporting (a case can be built against anyone). This company does not care about the employee... I held a position in a lab and was given a chance on a 1 yr. assignment as a scheduler before the year was up they filled my old job forcing me to stay in scheduling. Then moved into bio-formulation, While there a Teamleaders position opened up once there found out they considered it a lateral move and recieved no compensation for taking on the responsiblility of 16 - 20 people at the time. Back to formulation... Made a Tech II but my wages overlapped so there was no increase for the promotion after 19yrs. 6month and 25 days they fired me for attendance reporting problems, 3 weeks after I said UNION REPRESENTATION.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tell it like it is in Penfield, New York

86 months ago

It's like I said so much for their precious "Credo" this is how the management of this company operates now the "Credo" is meaningless. Now JnJ wants to sue the AMERICAN RED CROSS!! A multi-billion dollar company trying to take away a way to raise money for people who are in need, All because of a symbol of a red cross? the credo will not all fit here I paste as much as I can the full version can be found at JnJ.com We believe our first responsibility is to the doctors, nurses, and patients, to mothers and fathers and all others who use our products and services. In meeting their needs everything we do must be of high quality. We must constantly strive to reduce our costs in order to maintain reasonable prices. Customers' orders must be serviced promptly and accurately. Our suppliers and distributors must have an opportunity to make a fair profit.

We are responsible to our employees, the men and women who work with us throughout the world. Everyone must be considered as an individual. We must respect their dignity and recognize their merit. They must have a sense of security in their jobs. Compensation must be fair and adequate,
and working conditions clean, orderly and safe.
We must be mindful of ways to help our employees fulfill
their family responsibilities. Employees must feel free to make suggestions and complaints. There must be equal opportunity for employment, development and advancement for those qualified. We must provide competent management,
and their actions must be just and ethical.

We are responsible to the communities in which we live and work and to the world community as well.
We must be good citizens - support good works and charities
and bear our fair share of taxes. We must encourage civic improvements and better health and education. We must maintain in good order the property we are privileged to use,
protecting the environment and natural resources.

Our final responsibility is to our stockholders.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

J&J Rocks in Cleveland, Ohio

86 months ago

I have worked for multiple J&J companies in the past. They have all been amazing opportunities with fun and challenging work environments. Opportunities to lead and take on more responsibility were always abundant. I have never had such a rewarding job in the past.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

James Free in Wayland, Massachusetts

86 months ago

trekkie in Fairport, New York said: You have been assimilated into the borg collective...non thinking uncreative and unindividual, thats the only way to move up think only the thoughts of the mother ship. Your right about one thing though ... very challenging work environment!

When I worked there, the only people who got promoted were people with an "in". Like some one else posted, it's very much like being in the mafia and the "family". If you're not part of the inner circle, you're screwed.
I knew someone who was good friends with the boss. This person could come and go as he pleased. Any days, any hours....it didn't matter. If you ever dared to bring it up, they would double your work-load. The bottom line....don't take a position at J&J unless you know all the right people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Smith 2008 in Gargrave, United Kingdom

75 months ago

At JnJ, it really is bad - the worst company I've worked for. They only look after the senior managers and it is like being in the mafia - you only get promoted if you're in the click. And they pay poor wages - they just keep on screwing you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.