This Job Doesn't Exist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Unkown in Cincinnati, Ohio

87 months ago

This job has been posted on and off again for months...stop posting it and taking our valuable time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jake in Cincinnati, Ohio

87 months ago

Unkown in Cincinnati, Ohio said: This job has been posted on and off again for months...stop posting it and taking our valuable time.

stop bidding to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anon_ in Amf Ohare, Illinois

87 months ago

I agree with the first post. The main point is that companies should stop posting bogus job ads simply to collect resumes and fill their HR database quotas. As the original poster stated, it is indeed a waste of our valuable time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mo in Colonia, New Jersey

87 months ago

[This job has been posted on and off again for months...stop posting it and taking our valuable time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rudy in Cincinnati, Ohio

86 months ago

I interviewed for this job about a year ago...I guess they never hired anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Meriden, Connecticut

86 months ago

Rudy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I interviewed for this job about a year ago...I guess they never hired anyone.

I also interviewed for this position in March. I wonder what the hold up is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

There is no way of knowing if this particular company for sure is doing it, but often times a job is posted in a wide number of places. A job posted on a company bulletin board or other means is also posted to the public boards. That serves two purposes. In case there are no appropriate candidates within the company, they don't have to wait to find that out and repost in public. Secondly, it is also fair. Even if the company is almost certain there are people (or even a few) particular persons in their company who are perfect for the job, YOU still are afforded the chance to compete for it. Your application is put on file for the next opening and after a few years, they have a backlog of suitable candidates so fewer and fewer hires are from the latest posting.

It truly takes years to get into some large companies and they will always hire from within if at all possible. All else being equal, what better references could a potential applicant have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Meriden, Connecticut

86 months ago

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia said: There is no way of knowing if this particular company for sure is doing it, but often times a job is posted in a wide number of places. A job posted on a company bulletin board or other means is also posted to the public boards. That serves two purposes. In case there are no appropriate candidates within the company, they don't have to wait to find that out and repost in public. Secondly, it is also fair. Even if the company is almost certain there are people (or even a few) particular persons in their company who are perfect for the job, YOU still are afforded the chance to compete for it. Your application is put on file for the next opening and after a few years, they have a backlog of suitable candidates so fewer and fewer hires are from the latest posting.

It truly takes years to get into some large companies and they will always hire from within if at all possible. All else being equal, what better references could a potential applicant have?

I can see why they would do that with local candidates, it doesn't really cost anything. But I do not see why they would fly people across country, at great expense, to put a name in a database. People move on, and may not be willing to
change when a "new position" opens up years later. Just a thought...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Michelle in Meriden, Connecticut said: But I do not see why they would fly people across country, at great expense, to put a name in a database. [QUOTE]

I can see them doing that. These large companies have an enormous amount of money and it may very well be worth a few hundred dollars to have someone as valuable as you in their database.

In my career, I have been flown cross county to help a customer for just a few hours. I have been sent to a client's city the night before and put into a nice hotel just so I would be able to show up first thing in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. Some employees are flown across the Atlantic to attend a meeting in Europe that lasts only a few hours. It all depends on how valuable you are as an employee or as a potential employee.

In some cases, the need is so great that they have to hire someone right away and cannot afford to take the time to search longer than a few hours. Their new client is say XYZ Hospital in Osaka and they have to produce a person to go there tomorrow and close the sale, etc and there you are in the database with face time under your belt already. It happens I assure you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Brooksville, Florida

85 months ago

This job has been posted in several cities in Florida...it's on this BB all the time.
I don't think it exists either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Fort Wayne, Indiana

85 months ago

As a Senior HR Professional for over 25 years. This company should be ashamed of their current HR practices. The majority of the jobs they post are not valid nor real jobs. What happened to be a true HR Professional. Grow up and join us professionals in 2007.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.