How to get a job at KBR.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 123)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Justin Stevens in Broxton, Georgia

88 months ago

I am going to welding school and I'm trying to find out some info on jobs once I am trough.So if you dont mind would you send me some info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (202) / No (57) Reply - Report abuse

martha imelda in Humble, Texas

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (231) / No (51) Reply - Report abuse

Loader2001 in Summerville, South Carolina

83 months ago

Ensure your resume is up-to-date and DETAILED! Prior military (though not mandatory) is a bonus. They will more than likely have 100 resumes or candidates for 1 specific job. Best thing is to put in for all jobs qualified to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

brob in Cleveland, Georgia

79 months ago

try kbrjobs.com,over 1000 jobs available today in iraq and afghanistan,iv'e been once and going again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (148) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Ceddiego in Clinton, Illinois

79 months ago

Can you advise what job you done in KBR and which locations you were at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

YolZet

75 months ago

I think KBR sorts through resumes using keywords. If you have any of the keywords then they will look at your resume. I'm sure they don't go through each one by one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

rpgonzales in Katy, Texas

73 months ago

YolZet said: I think KBR sorts through resumes using keywords. If you have any of the keywords then they will look at your resume. I'm sure they don't go through each one by one.

Any idea where they're pulling or how they're identifying these keywords? Are they specific to the job description or are they already set from past recruitment history and experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

queenbee1 in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

how to get a job overseas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

queenbee1 in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

Host said: Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

yes want a job today. do i need to pay a membership fee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

shiron chavis in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

How do I apply for Iraq jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

dabray in Spring, Texas

72 months ago

need to get with KBR to change my life. To turn my life around and get out of debt. I'm in Houston, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Bertram in Robertsdale, Alabama

72 months ago

If you really want to work for KBR in the middle east, first thing is to write a professional one page resume. If you don't know to write a resume, just copy this " media.monster.com/mm/usen/content/pdf/HVAC-technician-resume-sample.pdf " format and replace with your own info Once your resume is written go to " kbr.myvurv.com//main/careerportal/default.cfm " and create an account if you have not do so. Upload your resume to the site and save. Use key words when writing your resume, i.e.. for a Heating and Air repairer use hvac or type II certificate (if you one) for admin use words like typing or computer, excell, spreedsheets.

When a recruiter is looking for candidates to hire, they type in key works into their search. After all, there are 10's of thousands of people around the world competing for these jobs. Yes, KBR hires from everywhere around the globe. Here are some tips:

Know the Market
Advertising companies do market research before they put together an ad campaign. Why? Because they need to know who they're selling to and what those people want. The same strategy should apply to your job search. You have to know what jobs are available to know how to market yourself to them. Scour the job boards and classifieds to see what's out there, and know what kind of job you're looking for — finding a job can be pretty tough if you have no goals or ideas about what you want to do.

Target Your Resume
Determine which jobs you're interested in and target your resume to each one. Don't submit the same version of it for every job you apply for — change words and move things around so your resume uses some of the same lingo as the job descriptions. Use keywords to highlight your experience and accomplishments that best match those sought for each job. Your goal should be to match the content of your resume as much as possible to the qualifications and duties described in each job notice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Bertram in Robertsdale, Alabama

72 months ago

The second link should have been " kbr.myvurv.com//main/careerportal/default.cfm " It was there, don't know what happened.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kokan ciric in Kumanovo, Macedonia

72 months ago

please contac visa offer letter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Heather Whitlow in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

How do I find an overseas job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

kokan ciric in Kumanovo, Macedonia said: please contac visa offer letter

please recruiter Debra Malone no contact

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

marjan in Kumanovo, Macedonia

72 months ago

Thnx for the informations,i appreciate that but I already know that my ex boss can send a requisition,but the problem is that i have nobody there right now to help me and thats why im asking you for help.Four years of work its not something i can just throw it away,i really want to work a lot more than that. Do you maybe know when are the recruiter coming in Macedonia? Thats my last hope,I really hope when they come here ill get my job back and be the same employee i was before. Thanks for your time and quick answer. Have a good one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Neek in Brooklet, Georgia

72 months ago

I've been working in the warhouse for about 3 yrs,driving forklifts, and order pickers. I'm looking for a job in this field @ KBR, will you help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Crys89 in Doha, Qatar

69 months ago

There is a great website that sells an EBook on working overseas with US Defense Contractors. www.contractworkoverseas.com/
It helped me out allot....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Howard Sanders in carthage, Mississippi

68 months ago

All of this information was really helpful. I appreciate all of the responses. I have recently obtained a CDL license so, I will go back and revise my resume and I am a veteran so hopefully I will get the opportunity I have been hoping for. With the way the economy is right now its hard to make the salary you need to reach your financial goals. Once again....Thanks to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Ganda in San Jose, California

68 months ago

I received my new employee welcome packet two days ago. I did my dental exam and faxed the dental signed form by the dentist together with my military service verification and DD214. I'm scheduled to do the WABI exam today. However my concern is about Accurate Background Packet because i have not receive anything yet when I'm suppose to receive it at least yesterday. How long does this usually take. I left voice messages and email to my recruiter but i have not heard from him for two days now. What should I do next? For the background check do they check for your credit card report as well? Does my bad credit affects my background? Also do you guys have any idea where i can get for help on the wabi exam? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

GIRL DOWN SOUTH in Columbus, Georgia

68 months ago

Jean Ganda in San Jose, California said: I received my new employee welcome packet two days ago. I did my dental exam and faxed the dental signed form by the dentist together with my military service verification and DD214. I'm scheduled to do the WABI exam today. However my concern is about Accurate Background Packet because i have not receive anything yet when I'm suppose to receive it at least yesterday. How long does this usually take. I left voice messages and email to my recruiter but i have not heard from him for two days now. What should I do next? For the background check do they check for your credit card report as well? Does my bad credit affects my background? Also do you guys have any idea where i can get for help on the wabi exam? Thanks in advance.

When you say Dental Exam, do you just choose your own dentist and what are they checking for?
when do you leave Jean? and I don't think bad credit has anything to do with your background or there would be a lot less people going in this horrible economy.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

GIRL DOWN SOUTH in Columbus, Georgia said: When you say Dental Exam, do you just choose your own dentist and what are they checking for?
when do you leave Jean? and I don't think bad credit has anything to do with your background or there would be a lot less people going in this horrible economy.
Thanks

The dental exam is done in your own hometown by any dental professional that is board certified. Just stating it is unlikely you would be in need of any urgent dental care within the next 6-12 months. You MUST have them fill out a form that KBR sends to you, and then it must be faxed to a SPECIFIC NUMBER. hope this helps.

Journee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GIRL DOWN SOUTH in Grantville, Georgia

68 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: The dental exam is done in your own hometown by any dental professional that is board certified. Just stating it is unlikely you would be in need of any urgent dental care within the next 6-12 months. You MUST have them fill out a form that KBR sends to you, and then it must be faxed to a SPECIFIC NUMBER. hope this helps.

Journee

Thanks so much, yes it did help. My friend hasn't gotten this form yet, she goes to Houston for Processing on Jan 11th, is everyone required to do this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

GIRL DOWN SOUTH in Grantville, Georgia said: Thanks so much, yes it did help. My friend hasn't gotten this form yet, she goes to Houston for Processing on Jan 11th, is everyone required to do this.

yes ma'am. Everyone must have this dental screening done.

-Journee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

please contact me .please visa offer letter .Recruiter Debra Malone.No contact me.PLeAse me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Flymissis in Katy, Texas

67 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: All inquiries for possible job should be submitted to www.krbjobs.com ; recruiter search for specific resumes using alot of different tools. The main one is by requistion number(job number). Best advice, be as DETAILEd as possible when filling out a application on line, complete any testing it asks you too as soon as possible. Applications that say "have worked forklift for 20 years, want to go over seas" I can GUARANTEE you will get passed without even a second look. We don't have the time, to pull your non-descriptive application out of the group, call you, and ask different questions. We hire over 500 people a week.
So, take your time, fill out everything, and REMEMBER YOUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD, every few weeks (if no one has called you), go back and resubmit your application so that your name will go back to the front of the list. (Keep in mind, that the applications are shown to us by date.)
I hope you find this information useful.

Thanks

Ive been applying for positions with LOGCAP project for over a year with no response. I just stumbled upon this forum and realize maybe i wasnt being persistant enough.
But on the other hand a friend of mine goes back and forth (totally abusing the opportunity). He gave me the information to a recruiter to contact. My question is, can I utilize this information? Would submitting my resume to a recruiter be inappropriate or against policy? I dont want to do anything to lessen my chances of being selected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gaz1 in birmingham, United Kingdom

67 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: The dental exam is done in your own hometown by any dental professional that is board certified. Just stating it is unlikely you would be in need of any urgent dental care within the next 6-12 months. You MUST have them fill out a form that KBR sends to you, and then it must be faxed to a SPECIFIC NUMBER. hope this helps.

Journee

hi my name is gary an english trucker , can you possibly tell me do i have serios chance of getting out to iraq as an english trucker or is it mostly us guys have applied online for 5 different positions but not heard nothing back . hope you can help cheers gary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Stephanie AJ in Corpus Christi, Texas said: My husband found a KBR recruiter on myspace. He's been in Iraq for 13 months now! LOL

Thanks for that information Stepanie. I will check out myspace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

burim namoni in Kosovo, Serbia

66 months ago

brob in Cleveland, Georgia said: try kbrjobs.com,over 1000 jobs available today in iraq and afghanistan,iv'e been once and going again

please give me more suppports what to sent wen to sent my cv to apply 4 job ok cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Iskarno in Poelausamboe, Indonesia

66 months ago

please advice me, how to get the job at KBR in Indonesia especially in Batam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Brob,
Are there any pointers you can give me. I was hired by LSI for a senior warehouse position and one day before I was to be deployed, we were told that KBR would be taking over the logistics contract. I was left without a job for a while. I am a veteran and I also have managed a goverment warehouse in Germany but I am just trying to get an entry level position. I recently got my CDL license too thinking that would help, so do you have any advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TY33 in Augusta, Georgia

65 months ago

I HAVE READ ALL COMMENTS ON JOBS WITH KBR, HOW WOLD I FIND OUT ABOUT SKILLED TRADE JOBS? I'M A BRICK MASON AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND EMPLOYMENT IN AFGHANISTAN. HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT THAT? WHAT COMPANY HIRES SKILLED TRADE WORKERS LIKE MYSELF?

THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bondsteel in Laval, France

65 months ago

Hi y'all

I was about to get hired in sept.2007(I've even signed my contract),and after passing a WABI test and the medical screen,I was finally denied a U.A.E Visa.
I was so close,but unfortunately had to swallow all the pain,and I had to go back home.
God knows how much I've suffered,you know...I had a contract signed and couple hours later I've been told that U.A.E authorities wont issue a visa for me.
Now I have re-applied(I have been issued an U.A.E.Visa at last)but was told I have to wait for an open positions.
At KBRjobs.com there are open position,but it seems they're canceling them,I don't know why.
Good luck to those who are applying and those who are re-applying,but you have to be patient.
Most of you dont know how much applicants they are dealing with for one week.
When I was on processing in Houston,we were more than 450 candidats,and next week came 500 others.So imagine the crowd.

Anyway,good luck to all of you.

arereynolds in San Jose, California

65 months ago

brob in Cleveland, Georgia said: try kbrjobs.com,over 1000 jobs available today in iraq and afghanistan,iv'e been once and going again

Glad your back?! How long did you stay there? Yes I am trying to go too. Hope all's well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

arereynolds in San Jose, California

65 months ago

YolZet said: I think KBR sorts through resumes using keywords. If you have any of the keywords then they will look at your resume. I'm sure they don't go through each one by one.

Good advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chantilly in Jacksonville, Florida

65 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: All inquiries for possible job should be submitted to www.krbjobs.com ; recruiter search for specific resumes using alot of different tools. The main one is by requistion number(job number). Best advice, be as DETAILEd as possible when filling out a application on line, complete any testing it asks you too as soon as possible. Applications that say "have worked forklift for 20 years, want to go over seas" I can GUARANTEE you will get passed without even a second look. We don't have the time, to pull your non-descriptive application out of the group, call you, and ask different questions. We hire over 500 people a week.
So, take your time, fill out everything, and REMEMBER YOUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD, every few weeks (if no one has called you), go back and resubmit your application so that your name will go back to the front of the list. (Keep in mind, that the applications are shown to us by date.)

Thanks

Hello..My husband is a current employee of KBR and his heard that KBR is not hiring anymore. Is that true? I have been trying to get a job with KBR for about a month now in the logistic field or anything else that I might qualify for. I have submitted my resume online and gave alot of details in my resume of my skills etc. Is there anything that you could do to help me? Any recruiters email or anything? Interested to go to Afghanistan or Iraq if possible Anaconda because thats where my husbands at.Is it possible for a husband and wife work with KBR and at the same base? Thank for your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arereynolds in Santa Clara, California

65 months ago

I thank you very much for responding, just that gives me insperation. The advice sounds great, and I will follow it. Reggie Reynolds P.S. I wish you the best in your future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica1221 in Junction City, Kansas

64 months ago

Thanks

Hi journee,
I was told I was requested by a manager in the property section in Iraq. It's been a month. I don't know how long this normally takes. I used to work for KBR a couple of years ago. I really just wanted to know if this is going to happen. When I call him he says everything is fine and he's called houston already, but it's just been so long that I'm starting to have my doubts. my email is jessicadelarosa_21@yahoo.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Bernard in La Verne, California

64 months ago

Thanks

Hello Jones
I am a Master Electrician with 24 years of experience in the trade I am a memeber of local 11 IBEW . I hear so much about all the work available in Iraq and Afghanistan and I have applied to a few positions posted my resume on every website relating to work in the Middle East . I have posted my resume on the KBR website I realize there must be so many people applying for positions with your company . If there is any way you can help I would truly appreciate it Thank you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Plumbspaz

64 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: yes ma'am. Everyone must have this dental screening done.

-Journee

I have a question. I have submitted my application on KBR's website last month March 2009. I have not heard anything yet. I am applying for Plumber jobs in Iraq. How long does it take to hear something? Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crazy8s in Columbus, Ohio

63 months ago

Plumbspaz said: I have a question. I have submitted my application on KBR's website last month March 2009. I have not heard anything yet. I am applying for Plumber jobs in Iraq. How long does it take to hear something? Thanks for your help.[I have a question. I have submitted my application on KBR's website last month March 2009. I have not heard anything yet. I am applying for Plumber jobs in Iraq. How long does it take to hear something? Thanks for your help.

If you log in to your account you can tell if the job has been filled or if it is no longer posted by checking the color of the job. If the job is black and can not be clicked on it has been filled, if it is still red and can be clicked on it is still up in the air. Sometimes it can take a few months./QUOTE]

bondsteel in Laval, France

63 months ago

Plumbspaz said: Is age a consideration for KBR when they are looking for potenial employees? I am 51.

I have seen people older than you working for KBR,age is not an issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Walter Ray in Port Neches, Texas

62 months ago

Thanks

On the kbrjobs site you can only apply for a job once. So, how do you resubmit your application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ulysses taylor in Darien, Georgia

61 months ago

been trying for a while in need for advice on how ti get into job force.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

crazedchef in San Antonio, Texas

61 months ago

TY33 in Augusta, Georgia said: I HAVE READ ALL COMMENTS ON JOBS WITH KBR, HOW WOLD I FIND OUT ABOUT SKILLED TRADE JOBS? I'M A BRICK MASON AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND EMPLOYMENT IN AFGHANISTAN. HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT THAT? WHAT COMPANY HIRES SKILLED TRADE WORKERS LIKE MYSELF?

THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY!!

First,

stop yelling and learn a little internet etiquette.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

ulysses taylor in Darien, Georgia said: been trying for a while in need for advice on how ti get into job force.

You need advice?

Try reading ALL of the above posts. Do you want someone to spoon feed you? There is a tremendous amount of info here and all over the internet. Do a little research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

queenbee1 in Tampa, Florida said: how to get a job overseas

Hi "queenbee".

Learn how to construct a sentence, write a decent resume, post it on the KBR website.

Enough said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kobil Babaev in Tashkent, Uzbekistan

61 months ago

Thanks a lot for helpfull edvice. I think you probably have an idea about this, can I get kbr's hvac position without college's technical diploma? I have a master's diploma on linguistics. thanks a lot for the answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.