KBR LAUNDRY ATTENDANT PAY??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Brian james irish in ireland, Ireland

41 months ago

Hi everyone,just wondering the pay for laundry attendant in iraq?? any info would be very helpful thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jemo in Oak Grove, Kentucky

40 months ago

Ineed some serious advice on this.i used to work for kbr in iraq.i come from a third world country but was a direct hire. .i worked for two years.Now this is not only interesting but weird.i got hired and offered 2000$ base pay but delayed at home due to visa issues such that by the time i was reeady to go to houston ,the company had slashed the pay and could only offer me 840$ base which they explained was based on the country of origin.i consented because it was better than what i was getting at home.
when i arrived in iraq there were already some employees from my country who had come earlier and thus were getting payed 2000$ for the same job [electrician] i was working for 840$ base.This is where things became crazy because this same people from the same country doing the same job got an increment of 600$ within six months of my arrival while i got nothing[not even an explanation].later we were promoted to journeymen electricians and the same thing happened.someone we come from the same country ,doing the same job and having the same job classification a second time got an increment of another 500$ and the second group gets same promotion and no increment.WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS IN AMERICA?WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT IT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cowgirl in Houston, Texas

40 months ago

jemo in Oak Grove, Kentucky said: Ineed some serious advice on this.i used to work for kbr in iraq.i come from a third world country but was a direct hire. .i worked for two years.Now this is not only interesting but weird.i got hired and offered 2000$ base pay but delayed at home due to visa issues such that by the time i was reeady to go to houston ,the company had slashed the pay and could only offer me 840$ base which they explained was based on the country of origin.i consented because it was better than what i was getting at home.
when i arrived in iraq there were already some employees from my country who had come earlier and thus were getting payed 2000$ for the same job [electrician] i was working for 840$ base.This is where things became crazy because this same people from the same country doing the same job got an increment of 600$ within six months of my arrival while i got nothing[not even an explanation].later we were promoted to journeymen electricians and the same thing happened.someone we come from the same country ,doing the same job and having the same job classification a second time got an increment of another 500$ and the second group gets same promotion and no increment.WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS IN AMERICA?WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT IT?

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm from Houston but I have no information about KBR. But I would say welcome to America! Big companies always take advantage of people all the time and I've heard that KBR is pretty bad. I'm sure that you have done this but can you talk to your supervisor? People are a dime a dozen so do not threaten to quit because they probably do not care but does KBR have a list of company policies that you can refer to regarding raise requirements and such? Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian james irish in ireland, Ireland

40 months ago

Cowgirl in Houston, Texas said: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm from Houston but I have no information about KBR. But I would say welcome to America! Big companies always take advantage of people all the time and I've heard that KBR is pretty bad. I'm sure that you have done this but can you talk to your supervisor? People are a dime a dozen so do not threaten to quit because they probably do not care but does KBR have a list of company policies that you can refer to regarding raise requirements and such? Good luck!

AT least there are ppl replying to the laundry job post:)
dont know a thing about what kind of pay though....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JEMO in Oak Grove, Kentucky

40 months ago

i just wonder how i can deal with it cos it even violates the very same cobc they preach all the time, not to mention its very evil and cannot stand the most basic moral or ethical test.
How can you have two people give them the same responsibilities and duties and everything else is the same to both only that one gets 3 times more pay than the other.and as if that was not bad enough you continue giving pay rise to the same guy earning more while the other remains the same but get promotions with non monetary benefits? But to your advantage you know this guy, because of where he comes from ,is so desperate that he will continue working, regardless.
DISCRIMINATION?NOT STRONG ENOUGH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Arden, North Carolina

35 months ago

jemo in Oak Grove, Kentucky said: Ineed some serious advice on this.i used to work for kbr in iraq.i come from a third world country but was a direct hire. .i worked for two years.Now this is not only interesting but weird.i got hired and offered 2000$ base pay but delayed at home due to visa issues such that by the time i was reeady to go to houston ,the company had slashed the pay and could only offer me 840$ base which they explained was based on the country of origin.i consented because it was better than what i was getting at home.

Sweetheart, firstly I want to say that I am heartly sorry for what you are going through. Here in the good ol' United Snakes of America, we like to call that "sexual harrassment", "sexual discrimination". However, it is totally legal as a man can do a better job in that field and that is how our gov't sees it. I see it every day here in the states. You might be better off going back to your own country. I would work in Iraq, Afghanistan or Kuwait for free. I just want to know at the end of the day that I did something about the situation. I'm very sorry for the way my country dogged you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Arden, North Carolina

35 months ago

This should not be about money at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.