ADVICE ABOUT JOB IN KUWAIT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Jlgood50 in Ringgold, Georgia

67 months ago

Is anyone currently working, or previously worked in Kuwait? I am thinking about applying for a position there.
Wondering about the living conditions, hours, pay, etc. The description says a Visa from the Kuwait government is required. Is this easy to get?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (178) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

detkuwait in salmiya, Kuwait

67 months ago

KBR will apply for your visa for you, I work for CSA and I stay in the economy with my wife and kid. Hardly, any contractors stay on the bases. You will have to get a Kuwait driver's license also, which the company will pay for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Well, I met my wife here in Kuwait and we got married in Kuwait, I am American. Tell him to go to csakuwait.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

detkuwait in salmiya, Kuwait said: Well, I met my wife here in Kuwait and we got married in Kuwait, I am American. Tell him to go to csakuwait.com

Can you tell me how much it costs to rent an average apartment? Utilities cost per month? Do you own a car? What part of the USA are you from? Do most of the contractors live in the same area?

Thanks for all your help,
Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

supermomof4 in Houston, Texas said: Did you move your family there after you had been there for a while? Just curious to know if you are American. My husband has been applying for supply and warehouse positions at various companies. Hope he gets a contract soon.

SuperMom,
Has your husband got any replies from the companies he applied for? Does he only want to go to Kuwait?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

and contractors usually stay in the same areas or buildings in kuwait depending on your company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

detkuwait in salmiya, Kuwait said: I stay in employee housing and having a company car, but housing is paid for by your company and transportation has to be provided by them

That's a relief. I thought I would have to pay for housing out of my wages.
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

supermomof4 in Houston, Texas said: Thanks detkuwait. I saw your post on the forum. I told Malik, but was a little hesitant because of the pay.

SuperMom,
Dyn-Corp has opening for warehouse supervisor in Bahrain, Oman.

www.dyncorprecruiting.com/ext/cojobs.asp

Good Luck,
Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

supermomof4 in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

Jlgood50 in Ringgold, Georgia said: SuperMom,
Dyn-Corp has opening for warehouse supervisor in Bahrain, Oman.

www.dyncorprecruiting.com/ext/cojobs.asp

Thanks Jim. You are a big help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

superman34 in Charleston, South Carolina

38 months ago

detkuwait in salmiya, Kuwait said: I am a supply supervisor and been here for 5 years

How can I get hired to go over seas in supply I have been trying for an year now. What company is hiring for supply overseas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jjmac45 in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

Hello

I am trying to get a job as a civilian on the Military Base. I am an American and I have applied for a Security Guard Position for a company called Ececilis Corporation. I would like to speak with a recruiter because I have question, but it is really hard because he is in Kuwait? I am not sure how to get in contact with him. Does anyone have any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sparky in Lake Oswego, Oregon

20 months ago

ITT is running the show in Kuwait and does nort want to hire americans. they prefer east indian and philipino but they also want more than $1.50 an hour. so they mostly work only the east indian on the military bases. ITT is another corporation that has turned there back on the US. dont waste your time as the military and the US government will also turn there back on you when you arive there. ITT does not follow local or US labor laws. they have coached the east indians to lie to the military when they want accoutabiliy. this is another courpt US corp. GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Maheshwor in Kathmandu, Nepal

11 months ago

Hi I have a big issue in my job, I work in a five star in kuwait. I have completed one year there where my contract was two year as kuwait law. Now I am in my yearly vacation for one month as agreed by HR dipartment. I had some problems in my teeth when I was in kuwait ( some teeth were totally damaged by germs ) so I am hospitilized in my country .DUring my vacation the doctor told me he gonna complete my treatment but at the last the doctor told me I need some more days more to complete because the gum was trimmed deeply so as doctor order So i sent mail to my boss for three days and after three days the doctor told me it takes few days to complete again and I asked for 10 days more to my boss but the my boss dint agreed with it but I called him many times he dint answer my call then I followed to doctor and I sent doctor repot to my boss and HR dipartment . My boss is saying now he sent already mail to HR to end my contract but HR dipartment has not replied yet. Now I am in my country. I have few days to attend there. Now what is your suggestion.can he terminated me from my job by himself or. Or is there any thing I can do something to my job by government rule. Please I am waiting your response

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.