Carpenter Jobs in Afghanistan/Iraq (I am from UK)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

MSmy in Leeds, United Kingdom

60 months ago

Like many of you I have recently applied for a job with KBR, as has my son. We are both carpenters/joiners. I have over 25 years experience as and prior to this I was in the Parachute regiment.

Does anyone know of anyone from the UK that has got a job with KBR in a skilled trade position?

Will me having served in the armed forces before increase my chances of employment with KBR?

If you do hear from KBR does anyone know how long it can take?

Are there any methods I could try to increase my chances of employment with KBR?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, best of luck to everyone that has applied.

Regards

Michael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

richarddavid102@gmail.com in Springfield, Missouri

57 months ago

MSmy in Leeds, United Kingdom said: Like many of you I have recently applied for a job with KBR, as has my son. We are both carpenters/joiners. I have over 25 years experience as and prior to this I was in the Parachute regiment.

Does anyone know of anyone from the UK that has got a job with KBR in a skilled trade position?

Will me having served in the armed forces before increase my chances of employment with KBR?

If you do hear from KBR does anyone know how long it can take?

Are there any methods I could try to increase my chances of employment with KBR?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, best of luck to everyone that has applied.

Regards

Michael


Michael, This is Rick, I have recently had the same problem. I have applied several times for several different kinds of jobs. Like you I have 35 years experience in construction. In almost every field. Also run some heavy equipment. Unlike you I have never had the experience to serve in a foreign land. I would that opportunity to serve my country in some capacity.I am very good at what I do. My problem is there are no jobs here in Mo. or anywhere else. So I turned to KBR with no response. I am really frustrated. I guess you have to know someone on the inside. Best of luck to you, maybe you will hear something from them. Good Luck and be Safe... Rick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

richarddavid102@gmail.com in Springfield, Missouri

57 months ago

I will go to that site, Thank you so much. Rick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fmalover in Green Bay, Wisconsin

53 months ago

richarddavid102@gmail.com in Springfield, Missouri said: Michael, This is Rick, I have recently had the same problem. I have applied several times for several different kinds of jobs. Like you I have 35 years experience in construction. In almost every field. Also run some heavy equipment. Unlike you I have never had the experience to serve in a foreign land. I would that opportunity to serve my country in some capacity.I am very good at what I do. My problem is there are no jobs here in Mo. or anywhere else. So I turned to KBR with no response. I am really frustrated. I guess you have to know someone on the inside. Best of luck to you, maybe you will hear something from them. Good Luck and be Safe... Rick

Rick, My brother got a job with KBR but he went threw an employment consulting firm here in Wisconsin something like that i guess that's how KBR and other companies hirer most there employees. that's how my brother gets the contract construction jobs overseas. hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scott macaulay in scotland in London, United Kingdom

42 months ago

hi can anyone help me find a carpenters job in afganistan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lachienicolson@hotmail.com in United Kingdom

27 months ago

fmalover in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: Rick, My brother got a job with KBR but he went threw an employment consulting firm here in Wisconsin something like that i guess that's how KBR and other companies hirer most there employees. that's how my brother gets the contract construction jobs overseas. hope this helps.

hi lachie here if possible could you send me the address of the firms that your brother used to get out there many thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.