How reliable is Kforce?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

hamsuplo in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

So I applied for a few IT positions, and I get a call from a kforce recruiter, I am fairly new to the IT field, I have about 2 years experience working for contractors and a few certs. I get a call from the stating that i'm a good fit for one of their positions, I get pretty excited since i'm kind of broke and at the last bit of my savings. I send them a .doc of my resume (same one I copied and pasted on their application website) and after the phone interview they tell me that someone will call me back before close of business today, that was about 2-3 days ago. I'm just curious as to the reliability of these recruiters because they sounded quite professional and the position sounds like exactly what i'm looking for, I just feel like maybe i'm waiting for no reason and when i emailed the guy, I received no response.

reading these forums doesn't make me feel much better either, do you all think they will actually call or is this a database building tactic?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Chriso010 in Chicopee, Massachusetts

49 months ago

Hi,

I obtained a job at a bank through KForce and I must say they are very reliable. I have never had any problems and they even call once a month to check to see how the job is going. I'm about to go perm so I won't be needing their services anymore but I am referring a relative to them. hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

hamsuplo in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

I just want to update this for any job seekers that are in the same position as me. I was contacted by another Kforce recruiter, and he offered me a position in NJ that was really far so I "would have the opportunity to say no". I'm still hoping the original recruiter gets back to me about that midtown job as he did send me a reply email over the weekend. I hope he comes through, but to be honest, I'm not holding me breath

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FS in Salem, Massachusetts

49 months ago

Chriso010 in Chicopee, Massachusetts said: Hi,

I obtained a job at a bank through KForce and I must say they are very reliable. I have never had any problems and they even call once a month to check to see how the job is going. I'm about to go perm so I won't be needing their services anymore but I am referring a relative to them. hope this helps.

I'm happy that it worked out for you. I had a good experience with them too about 12 years ago when they were called Source Temps. But in the last year they have nothing in my field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kngraf1 in San Francisco, California

47 months ago

I hope Indeed.com further investigates the viability of Kforce. Apologies. It feels like a scam. Do the need to say: "To further your application do XYZ*****"??? How many steps does an application need to go through????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

47 months ago

Chriso010 in Chicopee, Massachusetts said: Hi,

No, I applied 13 months ago at Kforce with no job at all. To post that with no other information how would it help? If they call tomorrow I'm ready to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ExpSam in Livonia, Michigan

46 months ago

Kforce is one of the worste staffing firms with Robrt Half. A freind of me worked as recruiter with them, he told me that KF appreciate the recruiter with the biggest database of job seekers no matter if there are open positions for them or not..very smart unprofessional minds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jobless in Saint Louis, Missouri

46 months ago

I worked one job with Kforce for 3 weeks, the job didn't work out for me or the Employer. I called Kforce looking for something even if part time. At that time they had nothing.
However, I was called by the Marketing Manager about an position. I had to resend my resume, I was told I would be called back with an answer ASAP.
That was 5 days ago.......

This agency is always looking for people in my line of work, however when you call they have nothing available.

Right now finding a job is a gift, Temp Agencys should not play with people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in Pepperell, Massachusetts

32 months ago

There is a KForce job that has been listed on various websites, including this one, and also the actual KForce site, for about a month, that is exactly what I am looking for. I have sent applications a few times and today actually called them. I was transferred and transferred again and at last spoke with someone who told me the job had been filled long ago. Then why is it still on their own website? They are just looking for a few warm bodies for their "stable"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

OldContractor in Lake Arrowhead, California

28 months ago

hoapres in San Jose, California said: KForce aka KFarce

I've been a contractor for 30 years. I've also been intrigued by the proliferation of Indian job shops in the last few years. I've been submitted a few dozen times but have never gotten an interview. The account reps seem very excited about getting my resume to the client but once that happens, I never hear from them again. They all seem to be working together, but that's speculation on my part. I suspect that their goal is to get Indian H-1B's into the country, but to make it look legitimate, they want to submit non-Indians as well to avoid the appearance that they're only in it to import cheap labor from India.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua D I K E in Concord, California

26 months ago

Extremely unreliable, especially when dealing with people like my name. This company employs people who lack competence and professionalism. Decision making is based on impulsiveness and speculation rather than meeting with people.

Free market capitalism at its finest. Profits over people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

swetha in Woodland Hills, California

13 months ago

Kforce sucks,they are not professional.They ask for the personal documents before even you get an offer.I have to loose a job offer because of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ALICIA SIMMONS30 in PHOENIX, Arizona

9 months ago

I got called. Work for them 2 weeks and they said contract ended and they were releasing all temp employees. Come to find out the company i was contracting for actually was telling truth giving pink slips to permanent employees.. I also see daily emails saying jobs after jobs. I call the lady who interviewed me and also have emailed. She will ignore me. This was 2 months ago and i have yet to hear from them. It took them a week or to get my stuff out of the desk i was using and they never returned it all. If you are out of Phoenix office good luck and if you try to talk to someone over their head you are just plain ignored from then on. They said we only get job postings once a month. I see en email daily they have postings over jobs i can do. very very very unreliable and it's a joke to work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

ALICIA SIMMONS30 in PHOENIX, Arizona said: I got called. Work for them 2 weeks and they said contract ended and they were releasing all temp employees. Come to find out the company i was contracting for actually was telling truth giving pink slips to permanent employees.. I also see daily emails saying jobs after jobs. I call the lady who interviewed me and also have emailed. She will ignore me. This was 2 months ago and i have yet to hear from them. It took them a week or to get my stuff out of the desk i was using and they never returned it all. If you are out of Phoenix office good luck and if you try to talk to someone over their head you are just plain ignored from then on. They said we only get job postings once a month. I see en email daily they have postings over jobs i can do. very very very unreliable and it's a joke to work for them.

Most "temp" jobs are that way now. About 10 years ago, I worked for a temp agency and they sent me to a company where they were literally selling the furniture out from under us. All their regular employees had been let go. LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BigMan in Macungie, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Just sharing my story,

About a week ago I applied for a job through KF...I'm broke with solid work experience and growth for a 24 year old so I spam applied to a lot of opportunities. So far KF was the only company to get back to me, and it seems to be going well. The initial phone interview was quite easy, basically just a guy re-reading the job to me and re-checking my information, pretty standard. I've dealt with a local staffing agency and worked at Amazon.com so I'm used to easy interviews. I was told to re-submit my final edition of my resume and emailed a link to formally apply for the position again. The pay rate they offered was very generous in my opinion, but that was because of a lack of benefits which is ok with me since I'm young and still covered by my parents. The position I'm applying for clearly states direct-hire all over it, so I expect to be directly hired by the company I'm going to work for. This evening I decided to really do some research on KF and I've found a mixed bag of +/- reviews. I now have a fear that this "direct hire" business might be all talk so I printed out a page of their website and the job description in order to protect myself. I'll try to remember to make another post in the future to help out anyone else in a situation like mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Colorado

17 days ago

Kforce is a very reputable organization. What many people fail to realize is that Kforce rarely makes the hiring decision. This decision is made by the clients Kforce supports. Many jobs that get posted have hundreds of applicants. It is simply not possible to have direct communication with every applicant. kforce has been in business for over 50 years and works with many of the country's top employers. This type of success is only possible by treating both candidates and clients with the utmost respect. Many of these comments are simply off the mark.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.