KAISER PERMANENTE LOL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Michael Stein in Camarillo, California

90 months ago

It is probably handling claims from KAISER PERMANENTE employees that hurt their backs throwing quadriplegics into cabs to be taken to skid row.
No thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Derek in Long Beach, California

89 months ago

either that or their busy ignoring claims for scans and MRI's that are preventionary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

If Kaiser let people get scans and MRI's they might find something and it would cut into the doctors bonus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

As I read your comment Bruce I am listening to a commercial by Kaiser and they are telling their elderly insured to get out there and mow the lawn in 118 degree heat and dance all night.

It's called cost control...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Torrance, California

89 months ago

Oh, my why doesnt that suprise me? Their commercials are so warm and fuzxy and moving, but they killed two of my relatives

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Kaiser will never find people to fit their companies culture if the parole board keeps denying the Manson family members.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Call me Carlie in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Bruce in Torrance, California said: LMAO-(GOMER is slang for a patient, menaing, "Get out of my Emergency Room; ...Cheers!

Here are some more acronyms:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_slang

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Torrance, California

89 months ago

ROFLMAFO! (rolling on the floor, laughing my f***n ass off). Oh my god, I forgot some of those, and haven't heard some others (I worked as an EMT1-A driving a BLS ambulance for almost 10 years), and we had some not to nice little things like this, that we said only between ourselves, of course. One of my long time partner's favorites was "OPM's" or, "OYs per minute," if your patient was an eldery jewish person or eastern european, the number of times they said, OY, as measured on your watch for 15 seconds like when you take a pulse, was their OPM. 1-5 OPM's was mild distress, over 5 was moderate, etc. This was taught to us, by the way, by parameics from LA County Fire, who are famous for getting out of as many runs as they can-I remember one night the medic instructed me to transport with sirens because they wanted to get back to the station, so they wouldn't miss the end of 'Moonlighting." A violation of protocols, but an EMT has to do what a mighty paramedic says. Sure brings back memories......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Fremont, California

89 months ago

There are some pretty scary stories coming out of Kaiser. I worked for a firm that did their defense work (medical and employment).

The thing I remember the most is a nurse who wondered into an ICU and was using a patient information computer to download videos of salsa dancing. When confronted by the head of the department, she decided he "assaulted" her by telling her to leave the computer alone.

I still remember her name. That way, if I'm ever in a coma and wake up in a hospital, I'll be on the lookout for her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Pasadena, California

89 months ago

I was Rxd a med pulled off the market by the FDA. The drug company paid Kaiser to do ongoing Liver and Cardiac testing every three months. Kaiser took the money and provided the testing annually. I was not the only one that happened to with this med. Imagine how much they skimmed by their deceptive practices.

When I joined a class action suit against the drug company, (who later folded up shop, sold themselves to another major company, and moved their execs into the newly formed branch of the major company) I filled out the forms for my medical records. Kaiser never sent the medical records, but they did send me a letter telling me that it had come to their attention that I was in an accident and treated by them, so they wanted me to sign papers promising 40% of any "recovery" that the court awarded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Alameda, California

89 months ago

Idiots. An attorney would charge 33 1/3 % of any recovery, and 40% only if the matter proceeded to trial. Kaiser can only put a lien on the amount charged to you for treatment.

Send a letter to their legal department and ask someone to explain the law to them, also if you have not gotten an attorney yet, have him/her subpoena your medical records.

Also, in medical malpractices, more so than the drug company's exposure is the doctor who prescribed the medication as the "learned professional." Look at also suing Kaiser for medical malpractice. Let them contribute towards at least 40% of your recovery.

Try this website:

www.freeadvice.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Alameda, California

89 months ago

Sorry, I should have said if you HAVE gotten an attorney, have him/her subpoena the records.

If you are following the news, you know that Kaiser just slapped with another major fine by the State of California, and the state is threatened to close one of their facilities if they don't bring it up to code.

I've been in the legal field for 26 years. The stories one hears about Kaiser could be an episode from the Twilight Zone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

My Mom had a stroke but instead of providing medical care they did nothing. They raised her monthly premiums from $468.28 to $1,637.42 then delayed as usual. I kept paying it and had to move in with my Mom. Then they would not do anything until after I would sign all kinds of paperwork. Then they did a fraction of what they promised they would do.

I fight the urge to kill the board members everyday since.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tami Lampman in Lethbridge, Alberta

69 months ago

Any Registered Dietitians working for KP?
1. Do you enjoy your job? What are your job duties, responsibilities? Salary?
2. There is a job posting on American Dietetics Assoc. website, but not on the KP site. How do I apply?

Please advise. THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.