Kaiser's hiring process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

BabyMama808 in Honolulu, Hawaii

26 months ago

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone have any idea on KP's hiring process? Overtones out an online application, about a week later, received an email from them to fill out my ssn,dob,references. Its been almost a month now, and have yet to hear anything from them. Should I forget about it and move on or wait around? Any input from KP employees?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson in San Francisco, California

26 months ago

From my experience, they only send that when they are seriously considering you. You should check if the position was cancelled, call your recruiter. Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

26 months ago

Group interview or 1:1?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808

26 months ago

w.hudson said: Group interview or 1:1?

I believe it's 1:1. He Just told me to page him when I get to the hospital lobby and he will bring me to the hiring supervisor for an interview! Are you currently an employee there? Any tips on the interview? I really need this job and I've been so patient! Lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

26 months ago

I just got fired. Wasn't told much of a reason, only work a few days on the floor. All I can say is,Kaiser has its own "culture" show that you are a team player, smile ,smile, smile till your face hurts!!!! Lots of behavioral questions. Seems like they really don't care about your past experience however, you should know the basics. God bless!!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808

26 months ago

w.hudson said: I just got fired. Wasn't told much of a reason, only work a few days on the floor. All I can say is,Kaiser has its own "culture" show that you are a team player, smile ,smile, smile till your face hurts!!!! Lots of behavioral questions. Seems like they really don't care about your past experience however, you should know the basics. God bless!!! :)

Awww I'm sorry to hear that! Must've sucked big time! But don't worry, there are lots of opportunities out there! Just keep your heads up! And thank you for your tips :) may I ask which department you were in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

26 months ago

Thank you. Yes, it was discouraging. I was anLVN in family medicine here in Northern CA. Are you an LVN,RN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808

26 months ago

w.hudson said: Thank you. Yes, it was discouraging. I was anLVN in family medicine here in Northern CA. Are you an LVN,RN?

I see. No, just a lab assistant :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

26 months ago

Don't say it like that, you are an important asset to healthcare. Act like show a confident positive person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808

26 months ago

w.hudson said: Don't say it like that, you are an important asset to healthcare. Act like show a confident positive person.

I know. And I will . :) thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

26 months ago

:) take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808

26 months ago

You too! Thanks again! Keep your heads up and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alice in Bethesda, Maryland

20 months ago

I have been trying to apply for a job at KP for four days now. I think they must not like applications because I have been thwarted at every turn.

The terrible application system Taleo repeatedly gave me error messages, telling me to contact HR. There is no workable way to reach KP's HR if you are not an employee. the phone number they give is actually just for employees even though the website indicated that it is not.

When I finally got into the process Taleo downloaded by resume incorrectly. I understand that this is happens a lot with such systems, but...

Twice, it failed to save the draft that I was correcting, after I spend lengthy times working on the revisions.

The system also does not allow you to save as you go along without completely completing each extensive page or ending the session.

Four days later and I am back to the original incorrectly loaded data and basically starting from scratch. At this point I am really not sure that a company with such a frustratingly faulty HR system is worth apply to. How can they tolerate this kind of incompetency?

nyt010806 in Carmichael, California

11 months ago

hello all, I went to an interview for neurology with kaiser for a on-call medical assistant posistion yesterday and an 1hr later they call me for a 2nd interview with neurosciene departement.. im wondering if thats a good thing? any suggestion?? thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MARK in Fremont, California

1 month ago

nyt010806 in Carmichael, California said: hello all, I went to an interview for neurology with kaiser for a on-call medical assistant posistion yesterday and an 1hr later they call me for a 2nd interview with neurosciene departement.. im wondering if thats a good thing? any suggestion?? thank you!

Did you get that job with Kaiser? I worked for Kaiser for 14 years as a medical assistant. I left a couple of years ago to raise my child. Now I'm trying to get back in to Kaiser, but it hasn't been easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nyt010806 in Sacramento, California

1 month ago

Nope I didn't get the job :( but after 10 months I just got a called again from the same department neurology and got interviewed again last week.. hope I Get it this time.. good luck! Hopefully u will get a job there soon...

kimpossible37 in San Pedro, California

7 days ago

Alice in Bethesda, Maryland said: I have been trying to apply for a job at KP for four days now. I think they must not like applications because I have been thwarted at every turn.

The terrible application system Taleo repeatedly gave me error messages, telling me to contact HR . There is no workable way to reach KP's HR if you are not an employee. the phone number they give is actually just for employees even though the website indicated that it is not.

When I finally got into the process Taleo downloaded by resume incorrectly. I understand that this is happens a lot with such systems, but...

Twice, it failed to save the draft that I was correcting, after I spend lengthy times working on the revisions.

The system also does not allow you to save as you go along without completely completing each extensive page or ending the session.

Four days later and I am back to the original incorrectly loaded data and basically starting from scratch. At this point I am really not sure that a company with such a frustratingly faulty HR system is worth apply to. How can they tolerate this kind of incompetency?

If I may, make a suggestion. When you fill out the information required for Kaiser employment, allow your self time. You need to have patients and try to finish the application. It does allow you to make changes and edit your application. I agree it can be frustrating, but well worth it, even if you have to go back and start all over again. Make sure you have no distractions so you could restart your application. I have worked at Kaiser. It is well worth it.

7 days ago

BabyMama808 in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Hi,
Just wondering if anyone have any idea on KP's hiring process? Overtones out an online application, about a week later, received an email from them to fill out my ssn,dob,references. Its been almost a month now, and have yet to hear anything from them. Should I forget about it and move on or wait around? Any input from KP employees?

Kaiser has a few ways of job processing. I know that one way is an email. Another way is by a phone call. Also, there are third party Recruiters. In most cases, if you get an interview and they are interested, they will have you take a test maybe more, depending on the position you are applying for. No, don't forget about them. Sometimes, it could take up to a month for the hiring process. If you had not been interviewed ,call the
HR and ask for the Recruiting office. It is very possible that the position has been filled. If you applied for a position, check on the status to see if that position is still open. Click on the what looks like a quote next to the Bold print which indicates the position you are applying for. It should tell you if it is open or close

7 days ago

kimpossible37 in San Pedro, California said: Kaiser has a few ways of job processing. I know that one way is an email. Another way is by a phone call. Also, there are third party Recruiters. In most cases, if you get an interview and they are interested, they will have you take a test maybe more, depending on the position you are applying for. No, don't forget about them. Sometimes, it could take up to a month for the hiring process. If you had not been interviewed ,call the HR and ask for the Recruiting office. It is very possible that the position has been filled. If you applied for a position, check on the status to see if that position is still open. Click on the what looks like a quote next to the Bold print which indicates the position you are applying for. It should tell you if it is open or close
Auto correct

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.