applying for a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

DAT in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

I watch an ad posted for a merchandiser job I applied for 4 months ago. I received one call and was told I would hear from the hiring manager. That was 3 months ago and there is still a job posted. I don't believe there is a job available and this should be posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Edward Smith

91 months ago

I believe you are correct. I applied for this job last summer (2006). It seems to always be posted with a new date. I still have not receive a call and the website won't let you reapply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

I too received a call from Kellogg's, but after answering the questions, never heard from them again. It also seemed odd that the call came after 8 at night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TWB Michigan in Holland, Michigan

90 months ago

After applying for the Territory Manager Job no response was received. Tried to apply for a different location and their program would not allow a second ap. With 35 years experience managing territorys I more than qualify, and do not receive a reply. Also the same areas available are listed week after week. Why? Michigan unemployment is the worst in the U S so they must be receiving thousands to choose from and cannot find one who qualifys in their eyes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

robert ocasio

90 months ago

I have applied for this position many times and with several years of merchandising experience,the only logical conclusion,I have reach,is that they dont like hiring MINORITIES or would perfer to hire someone who is going to be a virtual 24/7 slave to ALL THIER NEEDS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Duluth, Minnesota

90 months ago

I am more than qualified for both Territory Manager and Merchandiser. I have 10 years of experience in sales/marketing/merchandising plus a 4 yr degree. I can't even get the idiots to call me back. If they do, they wont like what I have to say to them. These big companies are all a-holes!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nomad in Clarksville, Tennessee

90 months ago

robert ocasio said: I have applied for this position many times and with several years of merchandising experience,the only logical conclusion,I have reach,is that they dont like hiring MINORITIES or would perfer to hire someone who is going to be a virtual 24/7 slave to ALL THIER NEEDS.

PLEASE get off the race card , its old and moldy ... im white , im a minority too but i am not whining about it and neither should YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rose

89 months ago

I had applied for a production assisitant position and received a notification of phone interview for an 8pm time. i found that to be odd and asked about that. The interviewer said they were in Virginia and worked at least til 11oopm at night. I got a form e-mail telling me I didnt have the qualifications they were looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JamesP in Irving, Texas

89 months ago

Ryan in Duluth, Minnesota said: I am more than qualified for both Territory Manager and Merchandiser. I have 10 years of experience in sales/marketing/merchandising plus a 4 yr degree. I can't even get the idiots to call me back. If they do, they wont like what I have to say to them. These big companies are all a-holes!!!!

This is probably the reason you aren't getting called back, cowboy. I'd have a impartial, qualified person to review your resume. I have a hunch some of the wording in your resume and/or other communications may be revealing some negativity. Grammer and punctuation are key players as well - take TWB's post - he has 35 years of experience, thinks he should get an interview, but misspells territories and qualifies(territorys and qualifys). That right there would cost him an interview, a follow-up, and a good job. Yeah, it's frustrating looking for the perfect job - Your job search should be executed just like these "big" companies are do - cast a very wide net, filter responses, follow-up with the potential employers you are interested in, and refrain from anything negative - even if you don't "show" it - it bleeds through in communication. Make yourself smile when doing anything related to a job search. Even a fake smile on your face will release endorphins and make your communication positive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

its time for a change

89 months ago

Nomad in Clarksville, Tennessee said: PLEASE get off the race card , its old and moldy ... im white , im a minority too but i am not whining about it and neither should YOU

You are correct about the race card but I will bet everything including the kitchen sick,that if either yourself and that REAL minority both went to the same interview and had the same qualifications and experience,they would hire you over him in a heartbeat..."its old and moldy-leave it up to a person such as yourself to reach this conclusion,things will never change,thanks to you!You need to get out of tennesse more often DUDE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisau39 in Connecticut

88 months ago

awesome post! Spelling and grammer are VERY important if you are applying for a job.
I always follow up on a job I am interested in. Eager beaver! LOL!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy

88 months ago

JamesP in Irving, Texas said: This is probably the reason you aren't getting called back, cowboy. I'd have a impartial, qualified person to review your resume. I have a hunch some of the wording in your resume and/or other communications may be revealing some negativity. Grammer and punctuation are key players as well - take TWB's post - he has 35 years of experience, thinks he should get an interview, but misspells territories and qualifies(territorys and qualifys). That right there would cost him an interview, a follow-up, and a good job. Yeah, it's frustrating looking for the perfect job - Your job search should be executed just like these "big" companies are do - cast a very wide net, filter responses, follow-up with the potential employers you are interested in, and refrain from anything negative - even if you don't "show" it - it bleeds through in communication. Make yourself smile when doing anything related to a job search. Even a fake smile on your face will release endorphins and make your communication positive.

Grammar... hhhmmmm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Benton Harbor, Michigan

87 months ago

A lot of the reason you don't get a reply is that Kellogg went from an on site company to manage staffing to an outfit called the RightThing in Ohio. There is no one on site, and if you don't match every single requirement from your resume, you will be kicked out of consideration. As a contractor, I applied for a job that I was qualified for, but they phone screened an intern with no degree, and no experience over me. It all has to do with how you word things in your resume, and no one knows exactly what they look for. The good old boy network still thrives at Kellogg, who you know gets you the job. They post things on their website to comply with legal things, but most of the time already know who they want to hire, someones wife or husband or brother, etc.... I have seen it all the time. By using the "WrongThing" they have overlooked many qualified people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marketing Man in Sarasota, Florida

79 months ago

What the heck do you need my Social Security number for me to apply to your job? Not going to happen! Identity theft is at an all time high....are you kidding me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.