Kelly Services S*cks!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

S in Jacksonville, Florida

87 months ago

I signed up with Kelly Services well over 2 months ago and they still don't have a job available for me. I call my "recruiter" every week to see about a potential job and she always gives me a slight attitude, like she doesn't want to be botherd by me. If I leave a message on her voice mail, she never calls me back. OfficeTeam is no better and a waist of time to. Can anyone recommend a staffing agency that will really help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Angry guy in London Ontario in Ingersoll, Ontario

87 months ago

Kelly Services is a large waste of time, avoid them at all costs.

I was at one place and they really liked me, and wanted to hire me on fulltime. Kelly's didn't like this though because they would lost a spot to make money on. So they basically sabotaged the relationship I had with the company.

They'd send me in for a shift only to be turned away at the door telling me "we never called them". The final straw came one night when I was sent in, was told "we didn't call anyone but we'll keep you anyways, but we want you back in Friday night". So the next day(I worked an afternoon shift) I called up and yelled and screamed at them, telling them I was sick of them dicking me around like they've been doing. - (I was sent in the week before on Labor Day for a night shift, only to find the place closed. I had to make a two hour walk home because the last bus had stopped running.)

She told me "oh I'm sorry, that was a communication breakdown". "By the way, they want you back in Friday right? Don't go in". Turns out, the person taking the night off isn't afterall.

So Friday comes and goes. I call up again on Monday asking if there's any open spots so I can go back there. I was told "they dont want you back, you're not working out, productivity issue, not a good fit".

The stupid cow just read a script basically.

I found out a few years later from my former foreman that he did indeed want me in that night, and assumed I pulled a no show because he thought I was pissed off that I didn't get hired yet. He wanted to call me, but Kelly's wouldn't give out my info. -Again, they didn't want to lose a spot to make money on.

Turns out, they were doing that to alot of others with Magee-Rieter. They lost the contract, and the ***** that screwed me over was fired.

Alot of good it did me though. I was almost evicted and I starved for 3 months because of that. Ended up going on welfare and eating at soup kitchens and food banks with crackheads and drunks. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Harriet in Brooklyn, New York

87 months ago

S in Jacksonville, Florida said: I signed up with Kelly Services well over 2 months ago and they still don't have a job available for me. I call my "recruiter" every week to see about a potential job and she always gives me a slight attitude, like she doesn't want to be botherd by me. If I leave a message on her voice mail, she never calls me back. OfficeTeam is no better and a waist of time to. Can anyone recommend a staffing agency that will really help me?

Try Lloyd Staffing, they are based out of Melville, Go into crains or yellow pages and email every agency in your your area. Do not put all eggs in one basket. Good lulck, Harriet-NY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Sussex, Wisconsin

86 months ago

Not to be rude, but it seems that if you cannot find a position on your own AND both staffing companies are unable to help I would start to evaluate yuor skills. The Staffing companies don't create positions for you, they simply match your qualifications to openings...

S in Jacksonville, Florida said: I signed up with Kelly Services well over 2 months ago and they still don't have a job available for me. I call my "recruiter" every week to see about a potential job and she always gives me a slight attitude, like she doesn't want to be botherd by me. If I leave a message on her voice mail, she never calls me back. OfficeTeam is no better and a waist of time to. Can anyone recommend a staffing agency that will really help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Harriet in Brooklyn, New York

86 months ago

Try Randstadt or Laury GIrls in NYC. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

litlbit in Neenah, Wisconsin

45 months ago

My friend refuses to work through them again. They are two-faced money grubbing *uckheads. They *ucked her over so much the last couple of times at temp. jobs. They don't want you to be hired on if the company wants you. She worked at one place and they on purpose told her they never wanted her back, but she ran into someone who worked at the company and asked why she didn't come in again, because they liked her and when she told them what Kelly Services had said, she told her that they lied. I heard that Nestle in little chute (that bought Jack's Pizza) found out what Kelly Services was doing and Kelly Services lost the contract with them. Still someone insists that my friend work through Kelly Services and she isn't going to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HeeHaw in Appleton, Wisconsin

30 months ago

I work for Nestle/Jacks, started as a Kelly temp. After four months I got hired on by Nestle. As of this date, Feb 2012, Kelly is still the temp service Nestle/Jack's uses, in fact I am getting my daughter a job with them.
Not everyone who is Kelly gets hired on, but almost all do. Stick with it, be a good worker and show up for work. I'm guessing your friend had issues with job performance; nobody likes to admit when they are dismissed for cause - Kinda like all prisoners are innocent : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

NO work in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

20 months ago

Other I worked for Kelly in New England, the story is very similar. This is one nasty company to work for. It is not the companies they send people out to, it is the unprofessional staff that cloak themselves in kindness UNTIL you are hired and then the fangs come out. You just have to wonder if that is how the wealthy make their money, when is enough, enough? How much money does a company have to make using people, being nasty to people, and walking all over hard-working employees before they have enough and start to make amends? With Kelly Services, I don't think that will ever happen; their entire reputation is based on lies.
I would beg any company that decided to use this "professional" F5 company to take a good hard look at why they need to pay an employee less, to let these vultures scam good workers. A company can hire a person to do what KS does. It would be cheaper to do so while receiving respect and loyalty from employees who would earn more money as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blue Ray in Mansfield, Massachusetts

15 months ago

I went through a similiarly very bad experience at the Raynham campus of Kelly Services. I did the job I was assigned to and did it well; quote "you did a spectacular job". Three days after I left I called to see if my recruiter got my updated CV and then was told out of the blue that there were supposed issues. I went off on this joke of a woman. She said that my personal problems made my co-workers uncomfortable. Ok, well since I never really discussed anything in front of them I had noclue what they were refering too. The Kelly personnel at this location will smile to your face and stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. I tried reaching out to their corporate office to make them aware of what happened and they basically blew me off too. Unprofessional, unethical, and shady business practices are just the tip of the iceberg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.