"Kelly Career Network" and "Monster.com" - Changes Monster Resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Nameless in Ann Arbor, Michigan

84 months ago

This is in regards to the "Kelly Career Network" or KCN and it's undisclosed attachment to my own personal Monster.com account. I feel there is a disconnect in what is shared with candidates using the KCN and I feel so strongly that I hope to be heard and warn others of a potential resume killer.

Today I responded to a job posting and noticed the similarity with the resumes on my personal monster.com account straight away. I made changes to tailor the chosen resume while at the KCN site. Saved those changes and subsequently applied to a position on the KCN Board. I continued to think about how similar and thought to check out if I had just without warning changed my monster.com account and this specific resume contents. You know, one of the five resumes allowed on my monster.com account. Guess what I found this specific resume which under KCN is searchable is not listed as searchable under monster but what if I had this exact resume searchable that I tailored to KCN. It would be horrible that employers who searched the monster database found my KCN resume as I didn't know it was an automatic change.

You know what I found - nadda from KCN nor Monster that explained this. No where is this disclosed to me that I could locate nor could I find a terms of service agreement that would explain clearly why my Monster.com account would be the basis for this Kelly Career Network Profile (www.kellyservices.us/web/us/services/en/pages/privacy_statement.html) nor Kelly's ability to "Link up" to my private information - searchable or not!

I believe in fairness to me as a candidate, I should be asked if they can pull my Monster account information into their system and most importantly when I make a change to what I believe is a separate account, it should remain separate. I certainly am no authority on this subject so if I have it wrong please enlighten me.

Disclosure when I entered their apply online link would have been appropriate! Do you agree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pflower in Salinas, California

83 months ago

Huh? In 25 words or fewer, what happened?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nameless in Brandon, Mississippi

29 months ago

Kelly Services has changed considerably since I was last looking for employment and I can't say that it has changed for the better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.