Unprofessional and unethical

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Relieved in Broomfield, Colorado

34 months ago

I take great comfort in knowing I am not alone in dealing with this shady and unprofessional staffing agency, if you'd even call them such. I was scheduled to take a 4-6 month contract position, but after finding out that the company I was suppose to report to is being sued by the FDIC, for fraud, and other unethical business practices, I informed the gal I was working with that I couldn't work for such a company and that I wouldn't be reporting. Granted I gave her very limited notice, but I'm also a college student, and technically it's in HER job description to research the companies and business practices of where she is going to place her candidates. Nonetheless, I received the rudest e-mail from her with her stating to me that she was uncomfortable considering me for future positions due to my lack of communication with her. What's so ironic here is that I was doing HER job by researching this company, and when I asked her why she did't disclose to me the truth instead of practicing deception, as I would have rejected the position on the spot, she ignored my question. Instead, she painted this position as the perfect job, with a good salary, but she failed to disclose that the company she is sending people to work for has such ill repute (they were featured on 60 minutes this past April, 2011) and are being sued by the FDIC and multiple states. That reflects negatively not just on her and her apparent ineptitude to perform her job, but also on Kelly Services as a whole. After her rude e-mail I could only smile that it placed her in an "unfortunate" predicament, as the job she has candidates placed in will place them in an "do not hire" predicament since they will now be guilty by association with this unethical company that Kelly Services is in bed with. I'm thankful to be back to doing my own search and to know that I am not alone in my sentiments towards this joke of a company. I'm considering filing a formal complaint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NO work in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

18 months ago

Kelly Services uses the "that makes me uncomfortable" phrase anytime THEY have conducted themselves unethically. I have never met such a group of conivers dressed up like ladies in my life. If these were the old days, I am sure they would be running the local distilleries dressed as church ladies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.