Kelly Services Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kelly Services?

What do you like best about working at Kelly Services? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Boohoo2u2 in Houston, Texas

88 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kelly Services?

What do you like best about working at Kelly Services? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Kelly Technical (example) jobs are plentiful because they fill a gap that the client companies prefer to keep...a "buffer" if you will. They're basically a bottom-of-the-barrel body shop.

The client company can give you rave reviews every year (as I got for 3 1/2), but Kelly will nickel and dime you to death as far as pay raises go. There is no reward for staying with these people. A Kelly contract job should only be considered bacon and beans money until you're able to snag a REAL job.

Kelly prides itself on its "benefits", but they're not fooling many people. An example is their "Kelly Retirement Plan". It is a 401-something that only YOU contribute to. They don't contribute a dime, and since you're a temporary employee under contract, there's no way you'll ever see "retirement" from Kelly anyway.

There is no sick leave and in 7 years you'll earn a maximum of 15 days vacation as a technical employee. Often this is a contribution from the client company; Kelly seldom offers paid vacation to any employee below a Technical level. Most firms of any repute START at that the first year or so.

There are no promotions to achieve. What you are, you will stay. Any favorable working conditions are generally provided by the client- NOT Kelly.

In summation, you might be able to negotiate a short term liveable wage with a Kelly job at first, but it's not going to keep up with inflation because the "raises" are nickels and dimes. Use Kelly only as a stepping stone to a company who knows what you're doing for a living and who cares. Kelly only wants a timesheet from you and the rest is irrelevant.

I can give them two "thumbs down".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

delphine48 in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kelly Services?

Kelly service gave me the opportunity to work in a professional setting at Quest Diagnostic Lab located in Kansas City. Being a college student also, it gave me the ability to see how my skills as a lab technician would obtain their skills in Histology. I today would have love to establish a employment connection once again with Kelly.
As a divorce mother at that time losing my sense of motivation due to a breakdown, had taken the most cherished relationship I conquered with Kelly services. I lost my placement with kelly and I only can blame myself due to the time I should have shared a privacy moment with the services " I did not" and my recruiter would have been very understanding, but this letter of encouragement to other woman seeking a role of leadership and professional job setting enviroment. Kelly services is the way to go," I guarantee this. Thank You. Anna D. Smith

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

delphine48 in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

As a former client with Kelly services, I will always cherish the opportunity Kelly gave me a s a science student in nursing. I would give my best to be with this service once again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

prendede in Vallejo, California

7 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kelly Services ?

I had a good experience with them. I was paid $45 an hour as a developer which is just a little less then other agencies. They also aided me in getting ergonomic equipment - they have a supplies area that you can choose from.

They also provided short-term disability which was crucial when I had a brain hemorrhage. Their insurance paid me 1 year at 55% of my salary and the payments were always on time by Sedgewick Insurance. On one occasion my check was lost and after waiting 3 weeks, they agreed to send a future benefit check while they waited for the bank to verify the lost check hadn't been cashed. If you ever lose your disability check, ask them to pay you for the next check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.