What's the company culture at Kelly Services?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Kelly Services?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Kelly Services?

Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Knoxville, Tennessee

91 months ago

I've never worked for them, although I did go through their application process.
The one I went to had a wall with a glass window separating you and their office. You were not allowed past the vestibule and had to fill out the forms on your own with no one really available for assistance. It was very cold and unwelcoming and made you feel like cattle.

I prefer Randstad, they have a much more warmer working relationship with their employees. They don't like to use the term "staff" or "temps", they refer to them as "talent" So they are like your corporate talent agents. The company is based in Amsterdam and has offices across the US. It was a fluke that I signed up with them but I liked them so much I went back to them when I wanted to change industries after 7 years on the permanent job they found for me last time. I registered at 3 places Kelly and Randstad and Olsten. Kelly offered me a collections job on the spot and when I declined it they never called me back, Randstad kept me so busy that every time Olsten finally called me I was already on and assignment with Randstad.

Olsten is half way between Randstad and Kelly, Most of the people are in the back, but they have one or 2 people out front to work with you so you are not completely isolated. Their lobby is nicer also, plants, nice tables to sit at while you fill out paperwork, but Kelly was a cold beige glass windowed jail cell.

Randstad is a littl artsy in their office design. I liked that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angry Guy In London in Guelph, Ontario

86 months ago

Olsten is still around?

The London office here was swallowed by by the Devil's agency, Addecco some years ago. I always assumed it was the same all over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John Grant in Eagle Mountain, Utah

77 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Kelly Services?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Kelly Services?

Kelly maintains a fairly relaxed environment. They generally dress business casual. Depending on the division of Kelly you are dealing with, you will find dramatically different personalities. Some divisions work very hard for very small fees and tend to have a high turn over in their contractor base due to the type of positions they place people in. Other divisions deal with more upper level positions. The fees in these divisions are usually higher and the turn over is much lower. I think you can guess which divisions are more relaxed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.