How to get a job at Koch Industries.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you work at Koch Industries? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Corpus Christi, Texas

85 months ago

It's not that great of a company to work for. Horrible benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jack in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Plus they work you like you are a slave and dangle incentive comp in front of you to justify your working like a slave and then they don't come through with the i-comp. Can't trust mgmt - they view employees as commodities and don't let them tell you anything else such as employees are our number one resource because it is B.S.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Corpus Christi, Texas

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Koch Industries? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Submit your resume to the corporate office in Witchita, KA. If interested in you, they will call and schedule a screening phone interview. If Koch is still interested in you at this point, a second phone interview will occur. Unfortunately, the one day they were willing to perform the hiring interview with me coincided with the day my wife was having surgery performed and I never heard from them again. Be prepared to make Koch your number one priority above family, health, religion or anything else. I still believe they would be a good company to work for....good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Yanci in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

I have an interview with Koch, are you expected to work a lot of overtime?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jyn S in wichita, Kansas

76 months ago

?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jo Smith in Newton, Kansas

76 months ago

Of course they don't expect you to work overtime and actually get paid decent money. They work you like a slave during your normal shift and you cram as much work in a day as possible. Koch is understaffed and have ridiculous expectations of employees. The benefits are horrible. They are self insured and it's no mystery why there was $90 billion revenue last year. What you do make by working your tail off, you sink into paying for medical care, etc. Then they tell folks to get the heck out when they decide to cut costs and restructure the workforce. To most people, what goes on at Koch Industries is a big mystery. It's because they don't want you to know how horrible employees are treated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

former Koch employee in Overland Park, Kansas

65 months ago

Yanci in Houston, Texas said: I have an interview with Koch, are you expected to work a lot of overtime?

There is no such thing as overtime, you just do your work, get the results they want, or you stay--it's called aligned incentives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brent H in Salina, Kansas

64 months ago

I have a phone interview for Koch for an IT job at the HQ in Wichita. After reading everything above should i still want to think about this job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

auntie tis in Salina, Kansas

51 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Koch Industries? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Once you submit your resume, if they are interested, they will call you. There will be an initial phone screening by an HR Generalist and if that is a go they will invite you to come for an on-site interview. I fyou are traveling they will comensate you for your cost of meals, miles etc. The onsite interview is usually with 4 individuals with the department you are interviewing for. Lots of behavioral based questions. Be honest, interview them as much as they interview you. Know as much as you can about the company. I would advise getting a copy of Charles Koch's book, "Science of Success" to fully understand the company and how they operate. I was offered the position and accepted. If for ay reason you do not feel that the company is a good fit for you don't waiste their time or yours. Remember that not everyone is going to have the same opinions on theri experience there and one individuals bad experience does NOT make the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nazrac in Sherman, Texas

35 months ago

This has to be the worst company I have every worked for. I have worked hard and hot jobs but the amount of backstabbing and dog eat dog mentality is beyond anything I have ever seen. I have worked in the military and that was more friendly to the employee than this place. This company is about one thing and one thing only. Making money regardless of what it does to the employee. Beware this is a job you will want to leave within the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.