How to get a job at Kraft Foods.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Host

Do you work at Kraft Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Shelly, Chicago, Illinois in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Kraft actually interviewed on campus at my school and no student ever heard back from them regarding their "Financial Analyst" position. I don't understand what these large corporations actually gain by posting non-existent jobs? Isn't it a waste of time and resources to interview candidates for a job that doesn't even exist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Manero, Torrance, California in Torrance, California

89 months ago

Frank Giofford said: I doubt this job exists. I applied, was interviewed (I did great). Never heard back from them after the hiring manager promised they would reply...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!

I had an interview with Kraft for the Sales Rep position. The first interview went great. I built rapport with the interviewer and had lots of common-ground. I have 12-years of inside and outside sales experience. I was called for a second interview and did well again. They said they would call me back to let me know either way. NO RESPONSE! This was 2 weeks ago. Now today, I notice the same position was just posted again for the same exact territory. DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME AND GAS-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BRUSH UP YOUR INTERVIEWING SKILLS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark - Chicago, IL

88 months ago

Shelly, Chicago, Illinois in Chicago, Illinois said: Kraft actually interviewed on campus at my school and no student ever heard back from them regarding their "Financial Analyst" position. I don't understand what these large corporations actually gain by posting non-existent jobs? Isn't it a waste of time and resources to interview candidates for a job that doesn't even exist?

I got a hunch that certain corporations try to keep a fresh supply (cycling out resumes six months old) of candidate resumes for strategic positions in the firm. Should an employee leave the company, the Human Resources Department / hiring manager has the "latest and greatest" group of candidates. The resume fresh supply precedes an an actual job posting for more resumes. Allows the company to "hit the road running" when they need somebody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mark - Chicago, IL

88 months ago

Frank Giofford said: I doubt this job exists. I applied, was interviewed (I did great). Never heard back from them after the hiring manager promised they would reply...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!

Frank, Frank, Frank. Don't give-up so quick! You now have a contact to do a follow-up. Try calling them on the phone (voicemail as last resort). Especially if it's the "dream job". Remind them you met with them and ask to have the job. I learned in sales that one reason sales cats didn't get an order was they didn't ask for it. Give the call-back a whirl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cookie in Texarkana, Texas

87 months ago

WOW Jill Be Reasonable! Be Polite!

Mark's advice is completely relevant and he has definetely pointed out a key aspect most job seekers dont realize.

I am really at a loss for words as to why an adult would respond to a post in this manner. I hope you have a better day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Mesa, Arizona

87 months ago

Yeah I think this is a waste of time to apply for. I've applied twice. No response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry in Fayetteville, Arkansas

87 months ago

I dunno... I interviewed with them and they called me back and got my references, then called today and invited me to meet with them tomorrow so they can "formally offer me the job." One thing I did that seemed to really impress them was to take a portfolo of my work an extra resumes. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

What's In It For Who? in Hines, Illinois

86 months ago

I actually got my resume into the Director level, got a phone screen, and heard nothing for 6 weeks. My contact said they are making an offer, but I've never heard back from them formally. Their Recruiting Department needs some help in common courtesy. I wonder if they know that we're also their customers...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

deborah in Lowell, Massachusetts said: you guys are bunch of liars if you do great in the interviews they will hire you but if you are a looser and they dont like you they wont hire you loooseerss.....

People people people...you are all most likely adults. I have interviewed with many companies and thought I did great. They say we will let you know. Never hear from them. That is all normal. They dont want to take the time, AND sometimes I think the HR people dont want someone yelling at them as to why they should have gotten the job. I just move on and look some more. I think that if they cant call back like they said they would....then why work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Movin' on in Fort Wayne, Indiana

86 months ago

Do not take a job in the Cincinnati office...Most unprofessional Mgt I've ever encountered. No one works together, no one smiles. Anyone with a career in front of them has moved to other companies...It's more like Hitler's Bunker...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

A disgruntled Kraft Employee in Danbury, Connecticut

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kraft Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

There is only one way to get a job at Kraft - and that is through a headhunter. Their HR department stinks and 99% of resumes end up in the trash. If you do find a headhunter with contacts at Kraft, DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT go through the HR group. Insist you interview direct with the hiring manager or department head. P.S. Kraft does hair follicle drug tests - If you have consumed anything remotely illegal in the past 2 years, you can forget about geting a job there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Mimi S. in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Scott in Portland, Oregon said: People people people...you are all most likely adults. I have interviewed with many companies and thought I did great. They say we will let you know. Never hear from them. That is all normal. They dont want to take the time, AND sometimes I think the HR people dont want someone yelling at them as to why they should have gotten the job. I just move on and look some more. I think that if they cant call back like they said they would....then why work for them.

You are right...what we must keep in mind that a lot of these jobs are already promise to other people,rather it be in-house,friends, etc. They're just going through the motions to build up their EEOC files.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Another pissed off Kraft employee in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

Count your blessings that you did NOT get this job, trust me! Go elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn Pettet in Springfield, Missouri

79 months ago

How do i get to work for Kraft i need a great job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tuma in Round Lake, Illinois

79 months ago

I'm here to tell you, forget about working for a company that is laying off more than it's hiring. Besides that, when you are let go, they don't even give you a reference when the next employer calls in your regard. I would highly recommend staying away from that place. On top of all the lay-off, there's absolutely no employee development. I left them and never looked back after 11 years there. It was the worst job I ever had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

77 months ago

wow. after reading all these comments I am honestly am scared to continue with the interview process. I was recently contacted in regards to a position at kraft that I applied for(3x's) 3-4mths ago.The weird part is, after seeing this job posting almost everyday on career search eng's I no longer see this position posted anywhere.

I am in the process of a phone interview(i usually do well with those)
Thing is, I've already had a position that was offered to me (nice company and local) but I would much rather kraft. The reason why is because I assumed they had unlimited growth potential (but apparently not so much?)
Had no idea they were laying people off there either. With that said, I think I will take the other position offered. Can't really afford to have my time wasted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grisela Rodriguez in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kraft Foods? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I spoke with Kraft about a position and the process was thorough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Baltic in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

I have known people who worked at Kraft and they were not treated well over the long run. Layoffs? Oh, yeah....about every 2 years. Right now they're finishing up on a massive very quiet layoff process where several people were forced to leave under less than nice circumstances. You won;t get any recommendation from them, either...against company policy...they'll only tell someone that, yes, you worked there. No....I would NEVER recommend that someone seek a job at Kraft. Run the other way!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Casey McGowan in mackay, Australia

72 months ago

omg. can someone please help me?
a friend and i have been looking for kraft quick pasta for soo long.
why did they stop selling it?
well really i dont care
i just want to know is there anywhere at all to buy it from?
pleaase help iv been on the internet for ages looking for it.
xo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

72 months ago

Hi Casey, Thanks for joining the Indeed forums. The topic of this thread is about getting a job with the company, Kraft Foods. I'm not sure you'll find the best information on how to locate their products here. Have you tried a discontinued product search for their pasta? Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren Hoffer in Riverwoods, Illinois

62 months ago

Sherry in Fayetteville, Arkansas said: I dunno... I interviewed with them and they called me back and got my references, then called today and invited me to meet with them tomorrow so they can "formally offer me the job." One thing I did that seemed to really impress them was to take a portfolo of my work an extra resumes. Good luck!

Could you please share with me what position and what office? I have a meeting with Kraft in two weeks.

Thank you,

Lauren Hoffer
(eight four seven) nine four eight - five four seven two
Please call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.