What's the company culture at Landmark Aviation?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Landmark Aviation?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Landmark Aviation?

Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Crowley in Katy, Texas

71 months ago

Host said: Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Landmark Aviation?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Landmark Aviation?

A typical day in the offices at Landmark Aviation in Houston, Tx is business casual but no happy hours or friendly get-togethers. In fact, here is an example of their attitude toward employees: I started working for them on 9/24/08 in Accounting. After 1 1/2 weeks my mother goes in the hospital for heart failure. One morning there was an emergency and the doctor told my sister and I to get to the hospital right away. I couldn't find my supervisor's number so I left a message on the senior AP clerk's voice mail as to what was going on and asked her to pass the word. I got home late that night from the hospital and found an EMAIL firing me for not showing up at work!! That's the culture at Landmark.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dana lynn in Roanoke, Virginia

71 months ago

I know someone who works for Landmark in Roanoke,Va.It is definitely not the place to work.There jobs are threatened everyday and they are harassed in some form everyday by their GM.They have now went to the far side and stopped giving employees their raises and haven't even bothered to say the first word about it to anyone.They are left in limbo and don't know why and operate seriously short handed and they fuss about working overtime which is a must since they are short staffed all the time.They don't care about anyone.The person I know and am very close to has been there 20 years and says that because of their GM that he has never seen morale go through the floor as it has now.He says that no matter how hard you try that you still get the harassment and that since the raises have been stopped that the good or better employees have absolutely no incentive to work there.Not the place to work at all for even the Department Managers are harassed by the GM according to him and they can't do one thing for fear of losing their jobs.I have advised my friend to talk to someone but I don't nor does he know where to go for it sure seems to me that if a person does a hard days work then he should be compensated for it.According to him the GM has posted a sign saying that they will not pay him for the overtime if some type of requirement is not met.Seems to me if no-one shows up for the next shift and you have to stay you should get paid for it.I have also been told that the degree that the GM goes to is to set with a pair of binoculars and watches the employees out side working so they are constantly under the threat and harassment of this also.Where will it end for him for he used to love working there and now is miserable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John Sebastian in San Diego, California

60 months ago

The work climate? HORRIBLE

Landmark took over operations at KSAN July 18, 2008. When they took over, arrogance is the keyword of the day. Greg, regional manager, and Charlie Ferraro, GM are amongst the most arrogant and dishonest people I ever met. Almost comical. No; they ARE comical. In my many years this was the worst work environment I ever experienced. Work load of 10 people went down to one, with no thanks or raise. The corporate message from the top is PROFITS for the shareholders, PERIOD. Dishonesty to a creepy level: I witnessed an employee cookout where beer marinated sausages were served- several minutes later two employees directed a 757 into the side of a hangar, resulting in almost a million dollars in damage. I was instructed to keep quiet about the beer cookout. They lie to you about your vacation: they tell you you will not lose it- you cannot take it because they are so understaffed but in the end they will not pay. The biggest liars on every issue imaginable. There are no ethics in this corporation. PERIOD. In sum two concepts: arrogant Texas managers, and lies to capitalize on profits regardless of ethics or people involved. HORRIBLE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dana lynn in Roanoke, Virginia

58 months ago

I will say now from talking to my friend that they are very happy with the G.M. at Landmark ( KROA ) whose name is John Wilson.From what I am told he communicates very well on an individual basis and gets out and works all jobs with everyone no matter what the temps or weather to see what they all go thru on a daily basis and tries to understand the environment of the job.No pay raises yet but they now know what is needed to get them for the new budget has been sent and that has been told to them.My bud is satisfied with that for now.It has been all take and no give for over 2 years now so time is getting short for him as far as staying there much longer.20+ years don't really matter with a Kroger pension waiting along with a lot of Lowe's stock money according to him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dimebag in Anywhere

57 months ago

As a former employee for Landmark, I had seen many changes over the past decades. I was hoping this would be the one change that make it better for all, and see the GM for what he/she is. But it only became worse, and encouraged the GM to manipulate and abuse the employees. The GM was encouraged to cut costs and safety issues, and fire employess who didnt follow the code. Even though we were not allowed to access to the equipment/manpower needed, we were told "Just don't get caught".
We were expected to follow inane and ridiculous policies that were not attainable with out the proper assistance, and were threatened not only verbaly, but physically. My GM had personally leaned across his/her desk with fists clecnhed and in a very invasive threatening manner, told me "You will sign this f***ing write up!'.
When I approached HR, they swept it under the carpet and said that I was out of line for making such accusations. Then the target was on me.
Gossip and back stabbing was encouraged. So the GM could have 'dirt' on other employees. It was and is not uncommon for this GM to write a person up based clearly and solely based on hear-say. With out even asking your side of the story.
It is also common practice of this GM to threaten you with your job, but to make very unprofessional sexual comments to the employees. The GM would want to know what your after hour plans included, and would steer the conversation toward a sexual nature, making it very uncomfortable for those in hearing distance. Every one was afraid to do anything, and still are.
One employee brought to the GM's attention, sexual harassment, and the GM said the employee brought it on themself. Shortly after this, the GM was calling that employee after hours just to 'talk' and offered numerous times to 'come by and help out with ever need done around the house'. Example, car repair, yard work, etc...
This employee was so terrified of losing thier job, it went unreported.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dimebag in Anywhere

57 months ago

Pt 2-
this GM will take credit for your work, threatining you to do the work, and then reporting it as his/her own work. This GM will not resolve customer conflict, but lock themself in their office until it is over and the customer has left, then ridcule the employee for handling the situation wrong.
When we were being trained on a new company wide computer system, we were working 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks. So everyone could be trained. Two days into the class, two senior employees were dismissed because they could and would not learn the new system. We were told, if we missed any days during training we would be terminated. It also meant that if we didnt learn the new system, would be terminated. Those two senior ppl are still employeed and cannot work alone unless another employee who knows the system is avaialble to work, hence, I could not take vacation or make any other plane because two ppl cannot/ will not learn the copmuter.
Also during training, our GM DID take vacation, and said if 'we' have a problem with it, he would deal with us personally. And we better not say a word to corporate. RTo this day, this GM still has no grasp of the system completely and relys on others to bail him/her out. This company is not worth the trouble, no promotions, less money, less earned time off and constant ridicule. WalMart treats their employees better than this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MoFrank in Townline, New York

43 months ago

What station was this at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.