interviews with liberty

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

anxious for job in New York, New York

78 months ago

Hi-I am new here-I have had all my interviews and have passed the assessment am told that they have been waiting for three weeks for my background check to be completed. As of yesterday, my recruiter said they are still waiting to verify my high school info. High school was 21 years ago-is this a real valid response-or am I getting jerked around. Please any feedback would be appreciated. thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Robbie666 in Milford, Ohio

74 months ago

Pretty much more than likely jerked around--went through the same thing--then they sent a nice letter in the mail. You spend all that time interviewing and they can't even call. Also due to the merger with Safeco they froze jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Camel ryder in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

I am glad we have this website, well I was recently contacted by LM recruiter, and just finished a 20 min. phone interview, and going for an officiall 2hr (she said) interview, so I will keep you posted. but What got me the job is my past experience is sales, and they seem to be very friendly and very much hiring. With the economy these days, I am just glad someone is hiring. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket though, if any of the allegations this website is claiming to be true, you will know about it from me. i will keep u in the loop. for now good luck hunting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Toastmaster in Goodyear, Arizona

70 months ago

Camel ryder in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am glad we have this website, well I was recently contacted by LM recruiter, and just finished a 20 min. phone interview, and going for an officiall 2hr (she said) interview, so I will keep you posted. but What got me the job is my past experience is sales, and they seem to be very friendly and very much hiring. With the economy these days, I am just glad someone is hiring. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket though, if any of the allegations this website is claiming to be true, you will know about it from me. i will keep u in the loop. for now good luck hunting

Howdy,
I'm trying to get on with LM too. Friday is my phone interview. Would you mind telling my what questions they ask ? This will be the 3rd application I put in with them and tomorrow I'm going to a job fair to meet the recruiters. My eggs are all in the LM basket too. Sometimes it's better to focus on one company in your job search instead of the opposite. Good luck to you. If I get on I'll be happy give you some pointers.I'm in Arizona so we'er not competing for the same job.
take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Schazzam in Harvard, Illinois

69 months ago

Run do not continue... Liberty Mutual is a horrible company to work for. If you think the interview process is aweful you are in for a bigger surprise if you actually make it through the months of interviewing and get a job. Take it from me I wish someone had told me what a horrible place this is to work for so I had not wasted my time with all those interviews, and personality tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Toastmaster in Goodyear, Arizona

69 months ago

Thanks,Schazzam. I didn't make it past the phone interview. Did you find a decent company to work for ?
Toastmaster

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Schazzam in Harvard, Illinois

69 months ago

Toastmaster in Goodyear, Arizona said: Thanks,Schazzam. I didn't make it past the phone interview. Did you find a decent company to work for ?
Toastmaster

It's a work in progress... hopefully I will know something soon! Good luck with your job hunt!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toastmaster in Goodyear, Arizona

69 months ago

Good luck to you too !
Toastmaster

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

as1981 in Dallas, Texas

67 months ago

Schazzam in Harvard, Illinois said: Run do not continue... Liberty Mutual is a horrible company to work for. If you think the interview process is aweful you are in for a bigger surprise if you actually make it through the months of interviewing and get a job. Take it from me I wish someone had told me what a horrible place this is to work for so I had not wasted my time with all those interviews, and personality tests.

I was called for a phone interview, then an in person interview, then 2 days later offered the job--now just waiting background/reference check but received the offer letter--am I in for a LONG wait? what are they checking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Toastmaster in Goodyear, Arizona

66 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I'm long past considering Liberty Mutual. Most of the companies I have communicated with want independent contractors. I wouldn't recommend that. You have to pay your own taxes and the book of business you build is not usually yours to keep. Who needs that !
good luck in your search,
Roger

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ranger Fan in Keller, Texas

66 months ago

as1981 in Dallas, Texas said: I was called for a phone interview, then an in person interview, then 2 days later offered the job--now just waiting background/reference check but received the offer letter--am I in for a LONG wait? what are they checking?

What position did you get hired for? In Irving? I'm looking to get on with LM. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JohnJacobjingle in Watertown, Wisconsin

64 months ago

Be careful. Layoff's in Wisconsin. Big ones and they never even announced it. That is the problem with a private company. they can do what they want when they want. Favorites are definetly being played with no care of the bottom line. they are hemorraging money because of poor decision making. Guarantee there will be law suits from these layoffs. No I was not one of them just have my ear to the ground and heard things. If you work there do not think you have a job. Even seniority has no bearing on there decision making. People that are hated by every employee but liked by one manager gets to keep there job because the manager is not being held accountable for why that person should be kept. No accountability what so ever to prove why that person should be laid off. Very shady things going on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rhino in Sacramento, California

64 months ago

I had a phone interview, interviews with 5 or 6 managers, job shadowed two employees, took a personality test, took an assessment test all to be told that I did not get the job. BIG WASTE OF TIME. This process lasted about a month. If you need a job right a way don't apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

justryintoworkhere in somewhere unemployed in, Texas

38 months ago

Had phone interview drove 40 miles for testing and in person interview, panel interview, interview with head of department. Then rejected via email with the "thanks but no thanks" spiel. Said ok and went on with my job search and my life.
Then a month later called for yet a 3rd interview, drove 40 miles again then rejected again. What's the deal with this company? Did the just wanna throw it in my face and harp on the fact that they did not want me? It's humiliating and a waste of my time. I'm writing to the SVP of Human Resources. They need to get it together at Liberty Mutual and quit torturing the unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

eirean in Cave Creek, Arizona

38 months ago

I am actually in Surprise, AZ. Why it says otherwise is beyond me. This has been my expierence so far. I applied 9/25/2011, got a call on 9/27 spoke to a woman named Jodi. I was interviewed for the customer service in Phoenix,AZ today 9/29. I was interviewed by a man named Brian, and I was then sat next to a rep named Denase shewas very kind and knowledgeable. After that I was interviewed by a man named Steve, and finally I took a computer asessment, and had to pen a letter, and email. I was advised that decisions would be made in 1week. The class starts 10/24/2011. Any input anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Boston, Massachusetts

22 months ago

I have a phone interview tomorrow with Liberty Mutual. If 1 in 15 has a good experience, then what does it take for one to want to work at Liberty Mutual? Maybe it isn't mutual after all. In any case, I appreciate everyone's feedback on LM. We'll see what happens. Let you all know how it goes. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Whit in Powder Springs, Georgia

8 months ago

Just finished the phone interview for the inside claims position. I feel that I aced the interview. Was told that I will be receiving a call to confirm second interview or email saying they are going in a different direction. Since she did not schedule the interview for today, does that mean I will be overlooked?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Patiently waiting in New York, New York

2 months ago

I'm still waiting on a decision when my interview was 2 1/2 weeks ago, so far, I'm really not impressed. This is the slowest moving company I've ever had to deal with. They really need to get it together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jobseekir in San Diego, California

1 month ago

Patiently waiting in New York, New York said: I'm still waiting on a decision when my interview was 2 1/2 weeks ago, so far, I'm really not impressed. This is the slowest moving company I've ever had to deal with. They really need to get it together.

Did you ever get a reply to your interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miss Hopeful in Dover, New Hampshire

1 month ago

jobseekir in San Diego, California said: Did you ever get a reply to your interview?

Yes, on the 22nd, they hired inhouse instead. Bummer, but I'm hopeful, have another lead with the company so maybe 3rd time will be the charm?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jobseekir in San Diego, California

1 month ago

Miss Hopeful in Dover, New Hampshire said: Yes, on the 22nd, they hired inhouse instead. Bummer, but I'm hopeful, have another lead with the company so maybe 3rd time will be the charm?

Oh ok! Well, good luck with the new lead! It's always a bummer when you do well on the interview and they go in a different direction!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miss Frustrated in Dover, New Hampshire

1 month ago

I've come to realize that they don't call you if you didn't get the job. You have to contact them for that confirmation. Not very good work ethic on their part...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

loveadjusting in Grove City, Ohio

20 days ago

Miss Frustrated in Dover, New Hampshire said: I've come to realize that they don't call you if you didn't get the job. You have to contact them for that confirmation. Not very good work ethic on their part...

Did you find out for sure? I had a phone interview but haven't heard back (it's been about a week now).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

loveadjusting in Grove City, Ohio

20 days ago

Whit in Powder Springs, Georgia said: Just finished the phone interview for the inside claims position. I feel that I aced the interview. Was told that I will be receiving a call to confirm second interview or email saying they are going in a different direction. Since she did not schedule the interview for today, does that mean I will be overlooked?

Thanks

Did you ever hear anything back from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

loveadjusting in Grove City, Ohio

20 days ago

Patiently waiting in New York, New York said: I'm still waiting on a decision when my interview was 2 1/2 weeks ago, so far, I'm really not impressed. This is the slowest moving company I've ever had to deal with. They really need to get it together.

Did you ever hear anything back from them? I know I've asked three people in a row here, but it's how I deal with not knowing, myself, if I should expect to hear back. I have emailed my recruiter and hope to hear something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miss Frustrated & Hopeful in Mount Vernon, New York

20 days ago

loveadjusting in Grove City, Ohio said: Did you ever hear anything back from them? I know I've asked three people in a row here, but it's how I deal with not knowing, myself, if I should expect to hear back. I have emailed my recruiter and hope to hear something soon.

Hi Love,

I did hear back eventually and did not get the position. From experience, it usually takes at least three weeks for a decision. Just don't give up. After the phone interview though, it only took a day to hear back. I had another interview for another position, one that would the best position but I know from experience that I'll just need to sit back and relax and wait. Hoping one day my time will come. :) Good Luck and never give up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.