Liberty Mutual News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Liberty Mutual stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

John Ford in Beaverton, Oregon

84 months ago

I worked for Liberty Mutual for 10 years. All of the major insurance companies are the same. Farmers, LIberty State Farm
Aig Cna. They are cyclical, every few years someone at the home office tries to reinvent the wheel, new protocols, get rid of the dead wood,some new pricing structure. If you can become immune to it you can survive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KRIS in North Scituate, Massachusetts

83 months ago

Im scared! LM HO just had "compensation & benefit" reviews. The reason the said was to" make sure LM is compensating workers to the industry standard. One co-worker said LM did this years ago and she got a pay raise. ANother said she had one of these interviews at another ins company and was laid off.
I've never been laid off in my life, and really like my job, but what am I to think?
This interview was basically --- describe your average day.... Went to all kinds of people in the co -- claims, admin, underwriting, avp's.
AAHHH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

frog in New Castle, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

KRIS in North Scituate, Massachusetts said: Im scared! LM HO just had "compensation & benefit" reviews. The reason the said was to" make sure LM is compensating workers to the industry standard. One co-worker said LM did this years ago and she got a pay raise. ANother said she had one of these interviews at another ins company and was laid off.
I've never been laid off in my life, and really like my job, but what am I to think?
This interview was basically --- describe your average day.... Went to all kinds of people in the co -- claims, admin, underwriting, avp's.
AAHHH

I worked for Liberty for 20 years and out of the 20 years my department was eliminated twice. The first time I was able to obtain another job within the company because Liberty had a new department coming in, so it eased the pain. But, the second time, right before the winter holidays, it happened again, this time there was nothing new coming in and we were given our severance packages. SEE YA!!! I was the bread winner in my family, now I'm not. I'm through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

audatoxic in Farmington Hills, Michigan

80 months ago

Have you been waiting on the phone FOREVER for Audatex Support? Not happy about the QUALITY of your support calls? The truth is that the turnover is so high, the managers are so incompetent and it's such a toxic environment that if you even fart the wrong way, they fire people for any reason they try to justify themselves with. My advice to you is to look for another company like CCC or Miitchell to host your e-claims processing as soon as possible. Your money will be better spent. Their Tech Support Lne is totally mismanaged and it's only a matter of time before it blows in their face. Their training expenses in training are through the roof but San Diego doesn't know about it because they are not truly factored in. Do you have a rollout in the work? They'll just hire some temps to just grab a few calls from the queue and the Ann Arbor management team is just tickled pink. When the wave stops, they'll just fire them and keep doing this all the time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Lease in Murrysville, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Lets go Pens

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Lease in Murrysville, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

sorry, 1st comment was in error. Can be a great place to work, depends on department, job, and your management team. If all those are in place you can build a long successful career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

butterflys are free in Marlborough, Massachusetts

7 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Liberty Mutual stack up against the competition?

got laid off this year after a lengthy time with the company
would have been nice to get cobra for a year free after all the hard work.
Better jobs are offered now trying to get back in the company they always find someone better no sweat working two jobs now no health insurance still but there is life after liberty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.