How to get a job at Liberty Mutual.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 81)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Liberty Mutual? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Professional Paralegal in Jacksonville, Florida

94 months ago

Liberty Mutual is another one of those companies who keep reposting the same job or jobs over and over again, and never bother to respond or acknowledge in any fashion your submission of a resume or application to it. I am a highly experienced paralegal with a college degree, a legal education and 15+ years' experience in the field, and am very highly qualified for any number of positions this company has posted, but it has never once responded in any manner to my communications with it. I think these postings are not real jobs, but that the company just wants to harvest resumes for some reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

LT in Belmont, New Hampshire

94 months ago

I agree that Liberty Mutual seems to post jobs just to collect resumes. Even though I meet some very specific requirements of their job postings, and am a local candidate in a small market where the postions are located, I have never received a call. What a waste of my time! I'm tired of filling out long online applications for jobs that don't exist. I'm glad Indeed has given us a forum so that we can collectively see the companies that are doing this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Indianapolis, Indiana

94 months ago

You are all wrong, these are legitimate jobs that are posted. You are all looking way more into this than its worth. Could it possibly be that you may not be what they are looking for? Its not a bad thing, you'd make more money and the perks would be better in a private firm anyways. Trust me you could not be more off in your statements and like I've stated these are actual positions are looking to be filled. They are not merely collecting resumes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (63) Reply - Report abuse

X in Dallas, Texas

93 months ago

If you're looking for a job in sales in the Dallas area, run away as fast as you can. The management in the Southwest region is a joke. They look the other way when reps falsify info and wind up writing a lot of business, as they don't want to know how it was acquired.

Also, the Plano office had 9 sales reps quit in 2006 as the manager and his boss were both jokes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

craig in Plano, Texas

93 months ago

Professional Paralegal said: Liberty Mutual is another one of those companies who keep reposting the same job or jobs over and over again, and never bother to respond or acknowledge in any fashion your submission of a resume or application to it. I am a highly experienced paralegal with a college degree, a legal education and 15+ years' experience in the field, and am very highly qualified for any number of positions this company has posted, but it has never once responded in any manner to my communications with it. I think these postings are not real jobs, but that the company just wants to harvest resumes for some reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

craig in Plano, Texas

93 months ago

Professional Paralegal said: Liberty Mutual is another one of those companies who keep reposting the same job or jobs over and over again, and never bother to respond or acknowledge in any fashion your submission of a resume or application to it. I am a highly experienced paralegal with a college degree, a legal education and 15+ years' experience in the field, and am very highly qualified for any number of positions this company has posted, but it has never once responded in any manner to my communications with it. I think these postings are not real jobs, but that the company just wants to harvest resumes for some reason.

are we too old? i know i have sent resumes on positions and never heard anything as well. I too know I am well qualified with my background and training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Rochester, New Hampshire

93 months ago

LC said: You are all wrong, these are legitimate jobs that are posted. You are all looking way more into this than its worth. Could it possibly be that you may not be what they are looking for? Its not a bad thing, you'd make more money and the perks would be better in a private firm anyways. Trust me you could not be more off in your statements and like I've stated these are actual positions are looking to be filled. They are not merely collecting resumes.

No, they pretty much suck. Every time I get a contact from a recruiter looking to fill a job "in the Portsmouth area" I pretty much know it's LM and I'm not going to waste my time any more. My experience has been that they do have jobs for people with a business degree, but they don't seem much interested in anything else. Their business is, after all, one of analysis, although they do seem to be trying to get into the ISP business for some reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ex Liberty in Duxbury, Massachusetts

92 months ago

Folks - Give yourselves some credit...I'm an ex-Liberty person who worked in their home office. My guess is that you are not hearing back not because of any flaw with your background but rather because virtually EVERYONE in the real world is making more than Liberty is willing to pay. I left Mother Liberty in 2005 and immediately made 40% more than I did while working for Lady Blue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

justvisiting in Elkridge, Maryland

92 months ago

Interesting. I submitted a resume online last Monday night. I got e-mail from HR on Tuesday and we're working on scheduling a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Hamilton, Ohio

92 months ago

Keep in mind that some positions get dozens of submissions, and a hiring manager can’t possibly respond to all of them - I know it doesn’t make it right, but that’s the way it is. It pains managers to know that inside a pile of resumes - that they’re not going to respond to - is a perfect candidate. But managers have to use a set of criteria to whittle down large lists of candidates to a manageable amount. The criteria are specific to the job they need to fill. If you are certain you have the credentials for a position -experience actually doing the same job- and you’re not even getting a phone call, take another look at your resume and what you’re putting down when you fill out the online application. If you’re reaching for a position or just going for one in an area you have no experience in you may be capable, but there are probably other candidates that have applied that are being considered that have actually done the job before or close to it (inside candidates). Some positions require experience that cannot be trained, and companies will keep a position open until they find the right person. Bottom line is managers want the positions filled because filling them with the right candidate will make their lives easier. They are not fake positions and they're absolutely not being used to generate sales leads. Every company has its positives and negatives. Liberty Mutual may not pay the best, but their benefits and long term incentives offset in the long term what is lost in the short term.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

isabel in Torrance, California

92 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Liberty Mutual? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Liberty Mutual what a joke. It seems to me they just collect resumes for fun. I mean are u hiring or not????? WTF.... I can only assume they have a bad turn around rate, due to all the job postings they advertise. That should tell u a lot about what type of employer they are. Advise for anyone submitting there resume, DON'T ur only wasting ur time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Still waiting I guess in New Troy, Michigan

92 months ago

I actually sent my resume to liberty mutual, about three weeks ago, for a customer service position, I have all the qualifications needed for this position. One on the hiring mangers called me 2 days after i submitted my resume and left me a messege saying he would like to speak to me about the position and is very intrested in talking to me. Well I called him back after he left the messege at least 5 times the following week and left 3 messeges and he never called back. What Bull. Make up your minds about what you want, you get our hopes up for nothing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Rancho Cordova, California

91 months ago

I have friends who have worked for Liberty and have done business with Liberty. Trust me, unless you have been unemployed for a long period of time, you do not want to work for Liberty. The pay is low and the demands are high. Promotions are based on quotas, the buddy system and height. Yes, I said height. Liberty loves tall employees for management positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

L in Roseville, California

91 months ago

I was an insurance recruiter for sometime. I can say Liberty Mutual is pretty much in the "average" for base salaries. However, "long term employees" normally make less than new hires that have experience. This is known throughout the insurance industry. The bigger perk is when companies such as Liberty Mutual offer bonus (which I guestimate) 20% of the carriers industry wide do and the rest do NOT, their salaries are comparable and sometimes higher. Education is a #1 issue with this company. Note: Movement on your resume could be an issue...always volunteer "reason for leaving" OR "reason for looking" if you are presently employed. If possible, reflect on most recent 10 years of experience and no more if you get the drift here for you seasoned folks. Always keep in mind, "insurance is insurance" no matter who you work for in this industry. What really should matter is who you report to and your desk. High volume is rampid in this industry - and will never cease.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

K.Wilson in Silver Spring, Maryland

91 months ago

Professional Paralegal in Jacksonville, Florida said: Liberty Mutual is another one of those companies who keep reposting the same job or jobs over and over again, and never bother to respond or acknowledge in any fashion your submission of a resume or application to it. I am a highly experienced paralegal with a college degree, a legal education and 15+ years' experience in the field, and am very highly qualified for any number of positions this company has posted, but it has never once responded in any manner to my communications with it. I think these postings are not real jobs, but that the company just wants to harvest resumes for some reason.

Perhaps these recruiting companies are stock piling resumes.I find these false job postings to be an invasion of my privacy if I agree'd to a back ground check or have given my social security number on their detailed application I expect it to be a real job application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

got hired and didn't go to work..florida in Tampa, Florida

90 months ago

I got and interview within a week. I'm a black female only a AS degree. I was currently employeed with USAA. I think that's how I got my interview. I was offered a job and just stayed with USAA. I was on point on my interview though. My skills far exceeded thier expectations. I was already licensed and 2 years service under my belt. Good luck folks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Geri in Bel Air, Maryland

90 months ago

Jay in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: I exceed the requirements LM is seeking. They advertise everyday out here on one board or another. EVERYDAY.

It's obvious this company is hiring based on quotas. It has some very strange recruitment practices such as advertising everyday, not replying, not seeking talent who fits their bill but more trying to fit certain quotas, find robots of some kind, etc.

I applied for a Case Manager position and got a call 2 days after applying. I interviewed and got an offer 4 days later. I am an African American and have been interning every summer during my college years. I know I was well qualified. It all has to do with how you perform during the interview. And MR whoever you are it is wrong to say that they are just trying to fill in quotas. I interviewed for a insurance company called Crum and foster and it was 5 white males and I was the only African American lady there for an interview. I was a minority on two levels (lol) I did not g

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Spartanburg, South Carolina

89 months ago

I worked at Liberty Mutual for six years. Horrible place. I thought I had died and went to hell and this was my eternal punishment. I worked in the Utilization Department and I would never recommend anyone to work for that company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PAUL in Brockport, New York

89 months ago

I just tuned in to your discusions. no I do not work for liberty. however was offered a job as an underwriter for an other company. that I am going to pass on. but food for thought would be....maybe the insurance industry is looking for turn over...when the new employs hit the floor they bring with them a new client base,from that persons contacts,friends,or a list from the old place of work. after a while you may very well leave the office due to the ussual arguments. now you lose all your benefit time in...they dont have to pay!!!! your out, now going somewhere else. to start fresh, no benifits, a licence,and experiance,and inside info on the competition. or how they run things,or interpret the new laws and rules or a savings on training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Suwanee, Georgia

88 months ago

My only comment about Mutual Liberty is that unless they want to interview you, they never respond to your application, not even a "Sorry, but" letter. A lot of companies are the same, it's very unprofessional, and frankly I don't want to work for a company that is that inconsiderate and rude to job applicants. Looking for a job is hard, it takes time to fill out online applications, customize resumes, and write cover letters. If a company doesn't have the courtesy to respond to me when I apply to a job, I will never apply to any other job they post as I don't like butting my head against a brick wall and that's what applying for their jobs is. I suppose it could be considered cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I'd rather spend my time filling out an application for a company, that even if I don't qualify for the job, at least might have the courtesy to thank me for applying.

Also, I believe companies, like Mutual Liberty, which keep posting the same job over and over again, are either horrible places to work due to turnover, or they are dishonest and the position isn't really available and they're listing the position only to collect information so they can try to sell you something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Wellesley, Massachusetts

88 months ago

LT in Belmont, New Hampshire said: I agree that Liberty Mutual seems to post jobs just to collect resumes. Even though I meet some very specific requirements of their job postings, and am a local candidate in a small market where the postions are located, I have never received a call. What a waste of my time! I'm tired of filling out long online applications for jobs that don't exist. I'm glad Indeed has given us a forum so that we can collectively see the companies that are doing this.

LT I submittied there before also. I also networked in but no response. Funny the person that got me networked there was a former Liberty Mutual employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C in Tulsa, Oklahoma

88 months ago

I actually went in to switch my car insurance to LM since they have a group benefits plan that saved me a bunch of money. Anyway, my point is that I walked in wearing a sweatshirt, wrinkled jeans and flips flops. The agent was impressed with me for some reason and jokingly suggested that he should go introduce me to his boss, that is if I wanted to try for a job. I said, "Ok, sure why not?" He said, "Seriously? Then, alright come on I'll introduce you." So I followed him and met the boss who was impressed by the simple fact that I was bold enough to ask for a job dressed the way I was and said I should come in to take the pre-employment test the next day. So, I went in....but lo and behold...I didn't pass the STUPID thing. BUT...they definitely want me to come back and try again and now after reading everyone's tips on here, I'm sure I'll pass it the 2nd time around. Whether or not I'd like working there, I'm not entirely sure, but I know anything would be better than my current job. The moral of the story?...sometimes, to get your foot in the door, you gotta connect with someone on the inside first who can open it for you. Employers see a billion resumes and applications and you've gotta make yourself stand out in some way. I guess my sweatshirt and firm handshake did the trick (not so much my resume and college degree! go figure!)OH...and there was a lot that I was going to say about that ignorant guy's racial comments, but I think everyone else said it perfectly. And to think he wrote it as if he actually thought people would agree with him...now that is funny and very sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Still Looking in Patterson, New York

86 months ago

I got an interview only after a recruiter stepped in and got me in. He found out my resume had been stamped as 'rejected' but they relented when he asked them to look at me. The people were nice enough though not dynamic. I tend to think age is an issue as they don't want older workers (older than 40). The managers are not much older than 35 and I think at least one of them felt threatened by my age (39) and experience. I thought I interviewed well but their response was that 'I didn't seem to know enough about Liberty'. Despite being headquartered here in Boston, they're not a big player in the local insurance marketplace.

I'm kind of mystified by the response but I tend to think everything happens for a reason, so perhaps its in my best interest that they didn't want me. I suppose you should still apply and try to get an interview but it is a big corporate machine and they really don't let many in the door for interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

swami in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

Within Liberty it is a well-known fact that they only hire folks fresh out of college - if you're looking for a claims job and have experience, I'm guessing you won't even get a phone call. During my 2 1/2 years not one experienced, older person has been hired in our office. I have family that want to work there, but I'm reluctant to submit them because they have experience and are above 25. I love Liberty, because I was one of those kids hired fresh out of school, but I seriously wonder if there's some age discrimination going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lady Liberty in Boston, Massachusetts

86 months ago

I can't believe all these negative posts. I've worked in 3 different departments in the home office over the past 9 years. Certainly all departments are different, and the hiring/promoting process is a little slow, but I believe it's a good company to work for. Pay is fair - if you don't surf the web all day and slack off. And they're incredibly flexible when it comes to working from home, leaving early, working different hours (7-3 instead of 9-5). Benefits are good. Vacation is better than most. Not sure what else to say. I'm relocating to a different part of the country and am trying to stay with Liberty. The only downside is having to wear suits or business-ware every day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

MOE in Ozark, Missouri

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Liberty Mutual? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I worked for them several years. This is not a wise move unless you plan on using them to learn the business. They will cut your throat before you vest in their retirement plan. I have witnessed multiple cases of them burning agents all over the country.

If you have their attitude and use them the same way they are using you the end result will benefit you in future career moves. The lesson here is that there will be future careers if you join Liberty. Liberty employment is short term if you are an agent. Trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kittkatt811 in Boston, Massachusetts

85 months ago

Does Liberty Mutual have good benefits? How is the interviewing process? Does anyone know if they require a drug test or background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Osi in Charlotte, North Carolina

85 months ago

L in Roseville, California said: I was an insurance recruiter for sometime. I can say Liberty Mutual is pretty much in the "average" for base salaries. However, "long term employees" normally make less than new hires that have experience. This is known throughout the insurance industry. The bigger perk is when companies such as Liberty Mutual offer bonus (which I guestimate) 20% of the carriers industry wide do and the rest do NOT, their salaries are comparable and sometimes higher. Education is a #1 issue with this company. Note: Movement on your resume could be an issue...always volunteer "reason for leaving" OR "reason for looking" if you are presently employed. If possible, reflect on most recent 10 years of experience and no more if you get the drift here for you seasoned folks. Always keep in mind, "insurance is insurance" no matter who you work for in this industry. What really should matter is who you report to and your desk. High volume is rampid in this industry - and will never cease.

L,

I know these days its all about the contacts so I'm not going to kid myself. I am interested in seeing what liberty mutual, or any insurance company in the Columbia, Baltimore, DC area has to offer as I am trying to relocate from North Carolina. If you have any contacts or can refer me to anyone that is a recruiter or is currently at a company that they know is hiring I would appreciate that.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Quite Seasoned in Northern, California

85 months ago

Kittkatt811 in Boston, Massachusetts said: Does Liberty Mutual have good benefits? How is the interviewing process? Does anyone know if they require a drug test or background check?

Lib Mut has good benefits. Expect to go in 2+ more times for interviews. Most all carriers do drug tests, and all carriers do background checks. Hope this assists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cmorill in LaGrange, Georgia

84 months ago

AIG DISLIKED in basking Ridge, New Jersey said: Interesting---I just was hired making great money and actually love the mission statement. The company has been actually wonderful to me

I am thinking about accepting a job with Liberty Mutual coming straight out of college. I would like to know more about your experience working for this company. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

NyExpat in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

Do you happen to know what the corporate, salaried vacation schedule is for this company?
Considering a Marketing Communications Specialist position and feel I might be too senior for it. Am hoping not, but...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

living the life in Danbury, Connecticut

81 months ago

What are the typical pay scales for a personal lines rep?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Snoopy in Dover, New Hampshire

80 months ago

I work at one of the Liberty sites, and I agree, they are ligitimate jobs, but the issue that I have come across is that so many people are applying for jobs that there is too much competition for the very few jobs that are available. The other issue is that it depends on the location and the dept you are trying to get into, some of the dept's are not rehiring when others leave, and they fill these positions with temporary help.

I know this is not very encouraging, but it's reality in the life of Liberty.

Payscales differ depending on the state its located, and every office and dept are different in their hiring practices. Liberty tries to enourage hiring within the company first, then looking at outside candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Buter in Dover, New Hampshire

80 months ago

I work for LM and am currently looking for a new job. I want to get out of the hell hole as fast as possible. I don't know about every where else, but the Dover NH office is the worst place to work. People here are right, they only want young people. There are women in my office that have worked for the company for over 25 years and they are trying to get rid of them. Liberty loves temp agencies and uses them rather than hiring people directly. I have worked for the company for 4 years and people getting hired on now with no experience are making more than me. Raises are a joke! And if you don't kiss your supervisor's ass, you get know where. If you sit and do your job, that's still not good enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Snoopy in Dover LM in Dover, New Hampshire

80 months ago

I totally agree with you, It's so frustrating and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have the same supervisor issues... and it's really sad that one person can ultimately kill your career.

Do you mind me asking vaguely, what dept do you work for?

I work in environmental claims, and it's a bad place to be right now, because the work hasn't been coming in, so we are also dealing with the temp issues.

I'm with you, I think it's time for me to leave after 8.5 years.

best of luck to you with your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

WHAT in DALLAS, Texas

79 months ago

I worked for Liberty Mutual. This is the worst job I have ever worked for in my life. The pay is the worst and the buddy system rules in this company. Most of the positions are given to people straight out of college like mentioned in some other posts. They train them and totally over look the people that have been working there for years, and want to move up. There is not much room to move up the ladder in this company, at least not for the little people. Liberty is way under staffed and the employees are way over worked. They opperate on a performance based system, but the measures are hard to meet, so you stay at the same pay rate more years than not. They offer a bonus at the end of the year, but again it is measured by what level your job title is and performance. The atmosphere is cold and gloomy, a very depressing atomosphere. A lot of the positions are filled before they are even posted, not even some of the employees know about the positions until it has been filled, because someone who has previledge to the information (a buddy) has refered a friend. The diversity is a joke. The little people to carry Libery Mutual through. It's awful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fastpacer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I just worked for Liberty Mutual. It is a "sweat shop" of insurance. THeir criteria is unreasonable/unattainable and the work hours are grueling....working 3 evenings a week plus full days. I have to pack 2 meals for work.
After some training, I found out a recent college grad is making the same base as me...with 10 years experience, even though I was told during the interview that I will be paid on a higher pay scale that people with no work experience. It seems 80% employees are 25 years and maybe a few more tenured reps, but what happened to all the people inbetween? TURNOVER> It's a horrible place, there is no morale, like an empty shell of doom and gloom. THe starting pay is barely enough. Then NOT during the interview process, but after they cart you to some mickey-mouse training session in timbucktoo (which costs $1000....like give me that in my paycheck), then they tell you is NOT REALLY a base salry PLus commission...but this "base salary" you must now pay a portion back after you start making commission or "go on plan." Professionals with experienc eknow that as a "draw" and usually means crappy job that no one in their right mind would want. SO they do the razzle-dazzle texas-two step and then layout the comp plan after you've taken the job. It's a big scam....be warned and the HEALTH insurance is even worse. You would think you work for an insurance co., you'll have the best, right? HELL NO....Insurance co. do NOT want to pay out....The verbage on the Health Ins. is difficult to dicifer, but basically you must pay $600 out-of-pocket BEFORE anything kicks in. And for family coverage...it's $1200.
Really think it through if you actually want to work for Liberty Mutual...it's not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Homeyer in Little Rock, Arkansas

77 months ago

Wow I have an interview today and have been researching complaints and culture. This is my second attempt to apply with Liberty. I have 30 years on and off with the insurance industry. In the past people filled out my applications for me and fell over themselves. Once web-based submissions came along, before HR people were computer literate- every one got lost in the pile. HR keeps forgetting to remove old ads for jobs, and some websites purposely keep ads going because it makes them look good at the Ins. Co expense.
Do call American Institute in Malvern Pa and get more training. Don't go for any degree just take single classes at first especially if they can double as Insurance License CEs or for college credits. Don't expect most companies to reimburse you.
If you are in a hurry for more recognition get CIC first and then take American Institute classes. 3 to 5 years experiance is very important but for every year you are not active (kids) or leave the industry - you will have to show continuing education efforts or suffer. Every 2 years out of the industry negates 1 year experiance. And HR sees recent experaince as more important that past experiance.... that is crazy but that it fact. Less than 10% of any on line applications get any response - IT IS WRONG- it can hurt your unemployment benefits, and it is slowly changing. Your upward mobility will never really depend on any issue you are now going through... but you may have to move.. and you will always have to re-educate yourself in a way that can be easily proved. HR people are not very bright and most do not even know what your resume says or how to translate that to what they are looking for. BUT if you make them look good they can help you get in.
Keep going don't let bad people decide your fate just keep trying and know that you will eventually win...
It is very hard at times I really feel for you all I have been there several times It will be ok LM or anyone else can have bad people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Topdog in Cabot, Arkansas

77 months ago

I can tell you from experience that there are some good companies and some not so good. I have to say that the life side is not only much easier to write, but also more profitable. You can be very successful in the insurance industry if you have a good strong company and a great lead source. If you like, I can put you in contact with a great IMO out of California who can get you very high commission contracts (80%-100%) and exclusive leads...no reselling of leads

get me your email address and I can get the contact info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Topdog in Cabot, Arkansas

77 months ago

I am in Cabot, AR and would like to talk with you. I can tell you from experience that there are some good companies and some not so good. I have to say that the life side is not only much easier to write, but also more profitable. You can be very successful in the insurance industry if you have a good strong company and a great lead source. If you like, I can put you in contact with a great IMO out of California who can get you very high commission contracts (80%-100%) and exclusive leads...no reselling of leads

get me your email address and I can get the contact info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Blumibennet in Irvine, California

70 months ago

Liberty Mutual is an outstanding company to work for. The company is doing very well and is one of the few companies that are still hiring during the recession. That being said, hiring at Liberty Mutual is very competitive. In my office alone we had over 1000 applicants for an Associate Claims Position. The number one thing Liberty looks for in their candidates is graduation from a top state or private university, and a very high GPA. Most of the new hires in my office all came from Top 20 national universities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Doogie in San Diego, California

70 months ago

It's been 27 years since I worked in San Francisco's Liberty Mutual. I filled out an application at HR and a few days later I had an interview. I ended up working in New Business and Renewal. At times it was stressful but I liked working there. My supervisor was a 19 year old kid. His sister worked in the same department. I only worked there for about six months and moved back to Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Camel ryder in Charlotte, North Carolina

69 months ago

I am glad we have this website, well I was recently contacted by LM recruiter, and just finished a 20 min. phone interview, and going for an officiall 2hr (she said) interview, so I will keep you posted. but What got me the job is my past experience is sales, and they seem to be very friendly and very much hiring. With the economy these days, I am just glad someone is hiring. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket though, if any of the allegations this website is claiming to be true, you will know about it from me. i will keep u in the loop. for now good luck hunting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Schazzam in Harvard, Illinois

68 months ago

RUN THE OTHER WAY DO NOT HESITATE!!!!! IF YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THEIR RIDICULOUS INTERVIEW PROCESS YOU WILL WISH YOU HADN'T! LIBERTY MUTUAL IS AN AWEFUL PLACE TO WORK FOR... TAKE IT FROM ME A CURRENT EMPLOYEE THAT IS TRYING DESPERATELY TO RID MYSELF OF THIS HORRIBLE PLACE IN THIS ECONOMIC CRISIS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada

68 months ago

I got referred into LM from a friend who is doing quite well, and speaks highly of the company. I had my first phone interview and should be hearing back for my second interview shortly. I'll repost when or if I make any progress

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Toledo79 in Toledo, Ohio

66 months ago

Camel ryder in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am glad we have this website, well I was recently contacted by LM recruiter, and just finished a 20 min. phone interview, and going for an officiall 2hr (she said) interview, so I will keep you posted. but What got me the job is my past experience is sales, and they seem to be very friendly and very much hiring. With the economy these days, I am just glad someone is hiring. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket though, if any of the allegations this website is claiming to be true, you will know about it from me. i will keep u in the loop. for now good luck hunting

I recently applied to LM and within a day I was contacted for a phone interview. I just left the woman a message back and we are scheduling the interview tomorrow. I am curious as to any update you have about this job you interviewed for. I don't want to work for a company that advertises salary plus commission, but then doesn't have a base salary. Let me know, thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toledo79 in Toledo, Ohio

66 months ago

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I got referred into LM from a friend who is doing quite well, and speaks highly of the company. I had my first phone interview and should be hearing back for my second interview shortly. I'll repost when or if I make any progress

Please let me know of any update you have with Liberty Mutual! They called me for a phone interview today. Thanks a lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JohnJacobjingle in Watertown, Wisconsin

63 months ago

Be careful. Layoff's in Wisconsin. Big ones and they never even announced it. That is the problem with a private company. they can do what they want when they want. Favorites are definetly being played with no care of the bottom line. they are hemorraging money because of poor decision making. Guarantee there will be law suits from these layoffs. No I was not one of them just have my ear to the ground and heard things. If you work there do not think you have a job. Even seniority has no bearing on there decision making. People that are hated by every employee but liked by one manager gets to keep there job because the manager is not being held accountable for why that person should be kept. No accountability what so ever to prove why that person should be laid off. Very shady things going on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Capstoneproj in New York, New York

51 months ago

Hi Everyone – I am in my Business Organization Project Capstone course. This is a large research paper that is completed over an 8 month span to complete my bachelor’s degree.
I have decided to do my paper on companies that have been identified with high turnover ratio.I have used motivational factors as being the main reason these companies have such high new hire turnover. The first step in the paper is doing research on evaluating why these reasons are truly causing issues and the most effective solution to the problem. Apart of my research is to gather the thoughts of employees (anonymously of course) to get their feedback. I have attached some questions, that I am hoping individuals will respond to with their thoughts or feelings so I can use those in my research paper.

1.Does training of the companies specific products or service affect your performance? And Why?

2.What other resources do you think could be offered to senior members of an organization that would be most valuable? And Why?

3. Would work relationships and interactions be a positive or negative impact in your work environment? And Why?

4. How important to you feel a positive work interaction with co-workers and managers is to employee fulfillment and success? And Why?

5.What are some other ways you feel a company could recognize their employees using non-financial motivational tools? And Why?

6.Is compensation truly a motivational factor if other areas such as work relationship, manager interaction, and recognition are not fulfilled? And Why?

7.Do you feel compensation is one of the strongest drivers of motivation? If not, what do you feel are the most important factors in successfully motivating employees? And Why?

8.What do you feel are the most important factors in successfully motivating employees outside compensation that would be acceptable by employee’s standards towards reaching the goals set by the company or group? And Why?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.