How to get a job at LINCARE.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Do you work at LINCARE? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

biancadove1 in Grand Island, Nebraska

79 months ago

Host said: Do you work at LINCARE? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Please respond with answers to the questions above

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

T Smith 21 in Ramseur, North Carolina

76 months ago

I Have worked for Lincare for 2 years now., I ansered a ad in local paper, and sent in resema.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

T Smith 21 in Ramseur, North Carolina

76 months ago

How do you find out what jobs are avalable, with Lincare in orther parts of company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

frienda911 in Massachusetts

75 months ago

Getting the first interview isn't hard. But beware, they pay, benefits, & communication with this company stink! It a OK opportunity if you are a new grad, otherwise I recommend you keep looking. Who makes a field employee be available to be on call 24/7 with no additional pay for being available or if they are called in for service.....Lincare does. I also heard their training is sketchy at best, FYI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NYOFB in San Antonio, Texas

73 months ago

Host said: Do you work at LINCARE? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I am hearing a lot of sour grapes! No, Lincare is not a high paying company. Yes, it is a numbers driven company. FYI, welcome to corporate america. Unless the business is not-for-profit, they are all numbers driven! As for getting in the company, answer the ad in the paper or on monster. I didn't find the interview too taxing, but come prepared! Know something about the company. For those of you interested in sales; make sure you follow up after the interview. Ask for the job or at least ask what the next step is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SalesRZA in Charleston, South Carolina

72 months ago

T Smith 21 in Ramseur, North Carolina said: I Have worked for Lincare for 2 years now., I ansered a ad in local paper, and sent in resema.

What is your current position with Lincare? Sales, service? I am interested in Sales so if anyone has any insight as to the pros and cons, that would be much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

SR in Naugatuck, Connecticut

20 months ago

For a Service Rep position, you must have a commercial drivers license and a HazMat endorsement. There is an extensive background check and drug testing. The information you acquire on healthcare and insurance companies is invaluable. They offer all kinds of respiratory equipment, oxygen equipment, durable medical equipment, and even feeding pumps and suction equipment.

Sales is a position that requires a college degree and a good knowledge of the medical field. You are not chasing ambulances here. You need to know your stuff because you are convincing doctors and hospital administrators that Lincare is the company that can best meet their needs and the needs of their patients. There is A LOT of federal regulations involved. It requires extensive training, and if you fail the testing they require, you are history plain and simple. You are not selling cars here.

There are also several office positions and each location has a Respiratory Therapist on staff. You wont stroll in and start earning big bucks. Corporate America doesn't work that way regardless of where you work. But dedication and learning will move you up the ladder. The starting pay is fair and there is always a good amount of overtime available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark RCP in Somewhere out there

19 months ago

I know from being on contract and having to deal with Lincare for our oxygen needs..we hate them. At least in this state as they are lazy, slow to respond and also feed back from patients is they are rude and fail to sometimes give good customer service. Any DME company is based on numbers and there reimbursement from medicare/private insurance. Rotech which goes by numerous names across the country I believe is still in chapter 11 or may be out of it but still means they grew to large and paid the price. Lincare and others have mostly the same ethics which is to make money at any expense that being its employees not the managers. Most RTs only make low 20s and its will never lead to high dollar pay if it does means your working 60+ hrs and on-call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

betterlifenoe in Lexington, South Carolina

13 months ago

You must walk, talk, have a GED and send in a resume and that' about it ...their expectations are low as they are a horrible organization to work for and the turn over is tremendous( do your research)....use this job a a very brief ( year to 18 months if you can stand it) stepping stone to a better sales position. Management is unscrupulous at best....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.