I need help in getting a job with Lockheed Martin PLEASE!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Gus in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Okay im a college student seeking a internship or co-op position with the company. My major is in Business Administration and I have taken countless business classes and have experience in the business world. I have tried to search for a position online via their website but its confusing, heres why:

-On their SEARCH OPENINGS menu they have the keyword field, security clearance field and program field and I have used this to "help" me find something and everytime I search it comes out with 0 results ???

does anyone understand?

IF ANYONE works with LM and can help and guide a poor college student to land a business position with the company or just any job opening thats available ill thank you forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Stephen in Bethesda, Maryland

84 months ago

Please email me at stephen.gehringer@lmco.com for help. I'd be happy to assist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Harris in Woodstock, Georgia

83 months ago

Stephen in Bethesda, Maryland said: Please email me at stephen.gehringer@lmco.com for help. I'd be happy to assist.

I am applying for a security staff position at LM in Atlanta. I have extensive experience in law enforcment management and private security leadershsip. I will send you my resume if you could help me. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii

83 months ago

Why the insistence on Lockheed Martin? Are you sure you want to get into Lockheed Martin when there are so many better employers out there?

I used to work for Lockheed Martin. As a matter of fact, I worked for two Lockheed Martin companies in Texas, Space Systems in Grand Prairie and Aeronautics in Fort Worth. I can tell you, they were some bad career decisions I made.

The company management for the most part, is unscrupulous, as they only want to over charge the government. The Defense Contracting Management Agency (DCMA or DCAA now) knows this and was pretty hostile, breathing down our neck all the time! You can work overtime and not get paid, and the company gets 75% of what they bill the government for your labor. The day I reported onboard, they laid-off 2000+ folks, and when I started working, all that the people working there are thinking how to survive and retire! After about 5 years of mind numbing paper shuffle type of work (on behalf of the government, through Lockheed), I had to quit because I just couldn't take it anymore.

If you don't have scruple and don't mind losing your sanity and wants to be the lap dog for the sinister management, then yes, get a job with Lockheed Martin. Otherwise, stay 100yd away from that company!

I did make a nice return on my Lockheed company matched stock option after I left; but if you go in now, they have even taken away retirement pension for new employees (so they can be more 'competitive and flexible). Hell, even Boeing, just as bad, hasn't taken the pension plan for its employees and they have better company matching stocks too!

Don't go defense contractor, just go straight federal like I did. It is so much better and so much more fun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Harris in Woodstock, Georgia

83 months ago

Thanks for the inside scoop. I will stay 100 yds away because I just got through working for 10 years for a scrupulous employer that I built his company from scratch for him...and then he decided he didn't need me anymore so he said goodby with not even a day's severence or pension..all this after I retired early (very little money) from a 26 year city government employer to build this company and have a nice retirement income...But now I'm 58 years old with 36 years in the workplace and noone wants to look at me - guess employers don't value very successful experience!!Again, thanks for the insight..my final career move,I want to be my most enjoyable so I will keep on looking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Yes, no problem about the advice. You may be able to make good money for LM, but, be ready to compromise your compassion for people and integrity because it really gets down to blow the whistle at times. At least that is what I felt when I was there. I actually became very good friends with the DCAA people and they even wrote a good recommendation for me.

That said, I felt like I wasted a few years of my life and that I could have better used it else where. In case you do get an offer from them (just in case), the entrance salary will be nice, but couple years you will realize, the Joe Schmo they just hired off the street will be paid hired than you do because they have to remain 'competitive'! And then you have to ask, I work w/o pension for this company, and for this kind of treatment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Twin City, Georgia

83 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Arvada, Colorado said: pedrotheant in Pleasanton, California: "Perhaps you should get YOUR head out of your A S S, get the chip off your shoulder and complain about the individual consultants rather than a whole organization, just because someone gave you a bad experience. It's not like there aren't a s s hole candidates in the market as well.."

And here above we have an example of his inability to discuss things in an adult manner. This is by no means the only instance of his immaturity. And can you believe the guy is about 55 years old yet he likes to attack a person (me) who is only 10 years his senior??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I appreciate the catch Displaced made with regard to American's (aka Ancient Citizen) inconsistency.

Few facts out there and then my story. #1 DCAA is the watchdog of the government to keep watch of defense contractors' performance. Before you stand up for the unscrupulous management of many defense contractors, understand this: DCAA works to ensure your and mine tax dollars are appropriately expended according to negotiated contract to procure Pentagon the technology that Congress appropriated. It is there to prevent fraud and keep our money used for earnest purposes. So if you have problem with that, you are being a corporate lap dog without even getting paid for being one, and that is pretty hilarious. Now, if I worked with them and became their 'informant', it will mean I am helping them to monitor the use of our tax dollar legally. This is something, a corporation with some integrity should encourage so they can say to the public - our employees help keep our corporation honest, so we open ourselves to monitor and audits! Now, LM may not have liked what I was doing to help DCAA, any repercussion would only be prosecuted as persecuting whistle blowers and tried to obstruct government oversight. Now you understand how foolish being a corporate lap dog is?

I left the company b/c it was against my conscious to perpetuate the waste and I don't want my talent to go to waste. In addition, those of us that are productive yet scrupulous, will be getting paid less than the new hires with no experience. It just mean the little raise LM gave didn't keep up with market wage growth. Of course employers are legally able to do that. Some, like me, saw the inequity of this decided it is time and leave. But for those with unions, this is a violation of contractual terms in most unions, something they make sure doesn't happen with respect to seniority of experience and tenure.

I never said this was illegal, but it certainly helped me made up my mind about leaving

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

American in Twin City, Georgia

83 months ago

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Now you understand how foolish being a corporate lap dog is?

It isn't being a lap dog it is called being a team member. If you don't like how a company does business then quit but it is totally inappropriate to stay there, take the money they are paying you while trying to work against their efforts. Your nose just does not belong there.

No matter what the purpose nor how much tax money is spent, if you are not employed by the DCAA then it isn't your business to get involved if you are employed by the contractor in question. There was another poster the other day who did the same thing while working in the UK and guess what??? The same thing happened to her. The company made life difficult for her until she eventually left. You are by no means the first traitor in the midsts of a large organization. They know very well how to handle troublemakers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I know a lap dog when I see one!

LM sux, it wants to overcharge the federal government. So if you have scruple, don't work for them, that is my message. It is everyone's job to 'rat' out a corrupt corporation when they see one.

I don't need peeps to tell me when I need to leave or not; obviously I did, so that is that.

Loyalty to your employer is important, but only a shallow person that has no direction forgets that his/her first and foremost duty is answering to his conscious that comes through in the form of responsible citizenship. Learn that Senior Citizen, and maybe you lived your last 50 years in just a bit less vain than your words have so far and abundantly revealed!

Save your words, Senior Citizen...I rest my case here, superflous verbiage need not bother!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

American in Columbia, Tennessee

83 months ago

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: LM sux, it wants to overcharge the federal government.

But it isn't that bad, you see? Lockheed just made you think is was a bad place to work for, because you were ratting on them and they wanted you out of there.

You will notice not everyone else across the nation left the employment of Lockheed in disgust the same day you did.

You and I pay taxes but it isn't our place to dictate how that money is spent BTW. Military contractors are always paid a bit more tax money. It insures they are healthy. You wouldn't want a place like Lockheed or Northrop to go bankrupt in the middle of a war.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

American in Columbia, Tennessee

83 months ago

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Learn that Senior Citizen, and maybe you lived your last 50 years in just a bit less vain than your words have so far and abundantly revealed!

Save your words, Senior Citizen...I rest my case here, superflous verbiage need not bother!

Jeez... And you are calling ME vain? You say I need not even bother to reply as you have rested the case and you use the screen name of Joan of Arc? You vain? Nah! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Columbia, Tennessee

83 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Jim Harris in Woodstock, Georgia: "I'm 58 years old with 36 years in the workplace and no one wants to look at me - guess employers don't value very successful experience!!"

No, they don't. I am 56 with more than 40 years of total work experience. I hear what you're saying.

Good luck with your job search.

And I am 64 years old with 48 years total work experience and lo and behold I am still gainfully employed and seem to have none of these age discrimination issues, yet people like to ignore my advice and think I don't know what I am doing. Funny that, isn't it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Carlton, Georgia

83 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Columbia, Tennessee, now, "Charlie"? Just like Chickenman on the radio, you're everywhere, everywhere!! No, "Charlie," I haven't forgotten........Whatever. If it makes you feel important and wanted, "Charlie," "Senior Displaced Legal Professional," post whatever pleases you under any screenname that pleases you.

How many times do I have to explain this to you? Listen this time, okay? I use the internet on my laptop. It has a USB modem that is basically a cell phone. Wherever I go or wherever the calls are routed, the place where the indeed website gets the final message from is the name of the city that is reported. It is where the server is located and that can be nearly anywhere in the Southeast.

If I wished to have the same location I could either pay for a static IP address (no point in it) or sign up for an account here as you have.

The result is that I change the name to avoid people like you who search my name and reply with nastiness no matter what the discussion.

I will give you an example how all this works. I recently had a lengthy and productive discussion with a very bright fellow here on indeed. We are both employed and were just discussing how race affects job prospects. He identified his race and location but I identified neither parameter that applies to me. We came to an good mutual understanding. He was intelligent enough (like you are) to determine who he was talking to no matter the posted name or location. Others chimed in with ridiculous statements to the effect "well you would think that because you live such and such a place." It made it easy to identify the idiots and concentrate on the conversation. Try it sometimes if you are in dial-up service. Just don't sign in. The telephone systems have always worked that way and so does the internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Carlton, Georgia

83 months ago

BTW, Displaced, you should be aware that if I really wanted to be the nefarious character you accuse me of being, I have only to sign up for an Indeed account, set my screen name to the same as yours and report my location the same as yours and write all sorts of confusing things in your name and no one would be able to tell which was you and which was me.

Anybody here can do the same with my name. My point is that an opinion is an opinion and it should not matter to anyone where that opinion comes from in terms of a name or a location.

That is one of the reasons the rules here state that people can post anonymously. It makes it a free discussion and basically we should be ignoring the names and locations in my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Carlton, Georgia

83 months ago

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Loyalty to your employer is important, ... first and foremost duty is ... responsible citizenship.

Now back to the discussion regarding Lockheed. Lockheed and other large military contractors are not the same as some corrupt privately held corporation. They run the business very similar to the military and if they did it all wrong they would not get any new contracts.

Here is an analogy of my point. Let's say Joan works for me and has signed a non-disclosure agreement with me. In the course of the day she sees a document on my desk with financial data written there. If her job is not as my accountant, then she has no right whatsoever to even read the document and she is breaking the agreement if she discusses it with anyone outside the company. She is clearly not being a team player of the company and I will do whatever I can to have her leave us.

When she leaves she will likely have a disgruntled opinion of my company but it in no way reflects the truth of the way I operate the company. Likewise, I have no obligation to explain the details of what she has mistaken as wrongdoing on my part of my company.

That is basically what you are hearing from Joan and she is by no means the only one on these forums who is doing that. Likewise, I am by no means the only one who complains of such whining in these forums.

I work in law enforcement and when a company has a breaking, the first suspects are the employees who have recently resigned or been fired. That would not be the case unless the attitude of people like Joan was not quite common.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Clearwater, Florida

83 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said:

I also understand your need for self-aggrandizement.

Self aggrandizement? Ha! This coming from a guy who writes a message and then immediately votes it as a "Helpful Comment" himself?

You will appreciate this, Displaced. I was in another conversation that was about the President. People were doing as is happening here, voting for "Helpful" or not "Helpful" and the votes were getting up in the level of 30 or more. There was nowhere that many people actually posting. At one point, I wrote that I saw a hanging chad on my "Helpful" ballot and some fool wrote, "What's a chad?" ROFLMAO!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Superflous verbiage really need not bother and that is really the end of that, I am not sure why some self proclaimed security guard by the name of Senile Citizen even fancy to understand why LM is as corrupt as I said it to be.

Simply not having been there and taking a stab in the dark is anything but the like of any LEO would do. Unless I see some badge # and the name of real LE outfit, Senior Citizen is apparently suffering from senile!

Displaced from Denver, why does Senile Citizen have such a need for "Self Aggrandizement"? Well, if he's gone senile, we will send him an e-condolence card, no?

Anyway, unlike Senior Citizen wildly guessing, the fact of the matter was that managements were telling us to not tell the whole truth when asked and do overtime when there was clearly no need. So, unlike the fantasized notion of passing information from document to government inspectors, we were told to actively engage in untruth and overcharge. How is that Senile Citizen? Don't presume you know the circumstances or the definition of corruption one encounters in an industry you would have been turned into a lap dog (or already is).

Anyway, Displaced from Denever, keep up the good work!

And here, I dignify Senile Citizen no further excuses for more slanders!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Fort Pierce, Florida

83 months ago

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Superflous verbiage ... LM is as corrupt as I said it to be.

Here's a little hint, hun. If your favorite saying is "superfluous verbiage" you need to study up a bit on the definitions. You see the word "verbiage" is sufficient to your point and to add the "superfluous" is... well... superfluous actually. It is about like saying something is "just extremely extreme."

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Simply not having been there and taking a stab in the dark is anything but the like of any LEO would do. Unless I see some badge # and the name of real LE outfit, Senior Citizen is apparently suffering from senile!

Yes, well I do not need to present credentials. Not everyone involved in law enforcement wears a badge either. My bag is computers actually. If you are really that interested in me, you can search through the forums and read things I have written but I assure you I do have knowledge about military contractors and about Lockheed specifically.

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Anyway, unlike Senior Citizen wildly guessing, the fact of the matter was that managements were telling us to not tell the whole truth when asked...

I have a story for you on that.

(Don't worry, you will do it too when you get older. There is something about having lived such a long life that makes you want to tell younger people how things were at one time. If I mention Hoagy Carmichael, you would say, "Who is that?!" One day, you will mention John Lennon and a young person will say the same to you. So things change but things don't, as well.
(cont'd)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

(cont'd)
In the mid sixties, I worked for a large corporation. I turned in an expense report one day and on it I had entered a meal that was to be paid by the company. I had only eaten at Mickey D's or something, so I just put a few dollars for the amount spent. My manager informed me I should enter an amount much higher because when the report got to home office in New York, it would confuse people in accounting when my peers in that city were turning in amounts about five times that. "It just causes confusion and can cause someone to start investigating and the result could be that all employees receiving per diem might wind up having to eat at fast food joints instead of decent restaurants" he told me. I entered an appropriate amount even though I never spent that much. I was instructed to do that by management and his reason was sound as far as I was concerned.

We also were able to get this one consumable part locally for about $3 but again, the manager told me to order them from corporate home office at an account charge of $9 each. Again, it was a mater of screwing up the accounting if it appeared we never ordered that part when everybody else was consuming them at the rate of about three per month. It makes them look like they are filing false information and they are not in metropolitan cities and don't have access to the cheaper part. The part was supplied by a competitor and we couldn't very well have or operation dependent on a competitor rather than purchasing the part from our own contracted vendor.

(cont'd)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

(cont'd)

You were in the same situation and it is by no means unusual in any large business. You see, that is why there are managers. They instruct and you are meant to follow direction from them without question. The reason is that a business isn't a democratic situation and by following direction, the whole company does not have to waste time explaining every single decision to every single employee at all levels within the organization.

The only person I ever had to fire was fired for that very reason - insubordination. No matter what I told her to do, she would always come back with some sort of, "Well why do we have to do it that way? Couldn't we do it this way? I don't understand why you want to do it this way when another way might work just as well, etc." I simply got tired of trying to explain my every decision to her and It got to the point where we were spending as much time discussing HOW to do something rather than actually doing it in many cases.

In a marriage, such discussion might be appropriate but in business, for a woman to start playing the "WHY?" game is inappropriate.

I am sure by now you at least grasp the inefficiency of the "verbiage" necessary to explain such a thing that most loyal employees take for granted. Listen to your management people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Available-4-Hire in Castro Valley, California

83 months ago

The three of you (Joan, Charlie, and Displaced) should stop wasting my time with all your personal inter-quarrels and demeaning conversation. I am ashamed to admit I took the time to read it all. I was hoping that some glimmer of intellect on the subject matter would emerge. But for the most part they seemed only childish squabbles.

Regarding the LM ethical issues which were mentioned: I would like to ask Joan-of-Arc if she tried calling the LM Ethics Hotline before perusing her efforts toward correction?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: No one really cares about your time and no one forced you to read anything.

Do you speak for all others on this site? Maybe someone else out there feels the way I do. Your posts are a waste of time.

But just to be clear, I never expected you to care about my time and how I spend it. I was more hoping that you all would reflect on how you are acting childish by quarreling and insulting each other.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Graphic Artist in Duluth, Georgia

83 months ago

Hi I am a graphic artist in search for a job with Lockheed Martin. I recently graduated with a BFA in Media Arts and Animation from the Art Institute. I am back in school again at A.I. for Web design. Currently I am a graphic designer and I am also a SSG in the Army with an active security clearance. As you can see I am defiantly a hard worker and goal oriented. I was wondering if anyone knows any recruiter for LM. I apply on their job site daily but it seems as though my resume gets lost in space. I live in Atlanta but I am more then happy to relocate to the DC VA MD area. I searched and found that positions with Lockheed are always opening up in those locations. If anyone can assist me in any way I would be so appreciative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Graphic Artist in Duluth, Georgia said: Hi I am a graphic artist in search for a job with Lockheed Martin. If anyone can assist me in any way I would be so appreciative.

A job search on the LM website gave me five hits under the "Publications & Graphic Arts" job category.

REQ ID: 45408BR in Maryland and 35279BR in New York required no security clearance.

The three others required a SECRET clearance.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Skip in Holbrook, Massachusetts

83 months ago

Have clearance and you can go anywhere. I had mine from the military and that got me in the door without any experience. I'm on disability now and they are holding my job so it is not such a bad place, but you NEED the clearance. Sending your resume on the website makes it hard to get hired. My friends waited months by doing this. Do you have connections or can you ask for an informational interview and start networking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Well, I will tell you how I got into Lockheed Martin Aeronautics and Space System about 10-15 years ago. The way they recruited probably have changed a bit, but the interest in the 'type' of applicant should still be the same.

I had clearances for quite a while and I made sure my resume said that I had what kind of clearance and who I worked for in the past? Also, while in the military, if you had hands on experience with LM technology that will make you stand out.

Finally, advertising industry is hard to break into if you are specific about the firm to work for and anything outside NYC and major cities. I know so b/c my close kin has worked for that industry for 15+ years in NYC. Anyway, if you are flexible about other types of profession, consider something technical: engineering, computers, info. system, info. system trainer etc. My degrees is engineering, and I worked not once for Lockheed, but twice. So the moral of the lesson is, if you have clearance and a technical degree, you get to call the shots. If not and you are not flexible in that interest, then the line ahead of you could be long for relatively limited amount of positions compared to the technical people they ALWAYS need!

And also, remember this, because advertisement is not their core business, the supporting personnel can be laid off before the engineers do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robin (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

81 months ago

Guide
Indeed.com

Just a reminder from your Host: Please everyone keep your posts on topic and refrain from bickering with your fellow users. This is of no relevance to finding a job at Lockheed Martin, and is of no help to job seekers. Thanks very much, Robin Indeed.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous Coward in Saint Petersburg, Florida

81 months ago

I have never personally worked for Lockheed Martin but the word is that they are a massive atrophied bureaucratic corporation. The work environment is apparently oppressive and promotions are based off cronyism and face-time.

Out of all the Aerospace and Defense companies I've looked at, Lockheed Martin is my dead last choice. I didn't even bother returning their solicitation for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Steven WL in Powder Springs, Georgia

81 months ago

I also have never worked there though once many years ago when LM was a Family I was apart of it my Father had some 40 years retiring from LM,my Mother worked in Computers at LM,and many close Relatives worked at LM.
It seemed the overall corporation changed after two major layoffs of thousands of LM workers.
I have searched seemingly in vain for a job at LM,so to some degree I understand the bad feelings of some seeking work with LM,however not to the point of slandering anyone.
For more reasons than one I wish 'God' still worked there finding a job would be easier-I think.
Whether one refers to it as the Bomber plant,or Lockheed Marietta,or what it is today it is a dynamic corporation made up of people,people with good intentions that donot often work for our good intentions,rather for the common good of the Corporation.

All the best to everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pol cat in Fort Payne, Alabama

81 months ago

Have home 10 miles from LM I truly would enjoy working for such a fabulous company !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Juan Trevino in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

Stephen in Bethesda, Maryland said: Please email me at stephen.gehringer@lmco.com for help. I'd be happy to assist.

Hi Stephen, I have applied to multiple IT positions at Lockheed located in Desplaines,IL and San Diego, California. The recruiters for Lockheed never get back to you on status of your application. Can you assist my informing them of the many applications that are fine under my name. Thank you.

Amanda R in Glendora, New Jersey

74 months ago

Hi Stephen, I'm Mandy and I read your post earlier on this site. I'm a Communications major and was interested in working for Lockheed Martin in Human Resources, Marketing, or any other position related to the field of Communications. Would you be able to give me any advice? Do you know of any positions available in the New Jersey or Pennsylvania areas? Thanks alot for your time.

74 months ago

I can't believe so many people talking down such a dynamic Company or at least thats the way I remember it.
Seriously have they in the past 16 years gone down so low?
Its very hard to believe!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Oak Harbor, Washington

63 months ago

Steven WL in Powder Springs, Georgia said: I also have never worked there though once many years ago when LM was a Family I was apart of it my Father had some 40 years retiring from LM,my Mother worked in Computers at LM,and many close Relatives worked at LM.
It seemed the overall corporation changed after two major layoffs of thousands of LM workers.
I have searched seemingly in vain for a job at LM,so to some degree I understand the bad feelings of some seeking work with LM,however not to the point of slandering anyone.
For more reasons than one I wish 'God' still worked there finding a job would be easier-I think.
Whether one refers to it as the Bomber plant,or Lockheed Marietta,or what it is today it is a dynamic corporation made up of people,people with good intentions that donot often work for our good intentions,rather for the common good of the Corporation.

All the best to everyone

I APPLIED FOR 2 JOBS WITH THEM WAS HIRED ON ONE THEN IT WENT TO LACK FUNDS. THEN I APPLIED FOR ANOTHER JOB GOT HIRED THEN WEEK LATER
IT WAS GONE TO LACK OF FUNDS BY THE US GOVERMENT!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JamesM2321 in Jacksonville, Florida

58 months ago

Hello,

My name is James and I have recently aquired a degree in Logistics. I have applied to many logistics entry level positions with LM and did not even a single response. With ONLY 30 logistics schools in the nation I KNOW for a fact they arent getting many Logistics degreed people applying with them. I would like some help trying to get my foot into the door. Is there anyone out there that could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

James

JamesM_2321@yahoo.com

58 months ago

I sent you a recruiter's info I had contact with 3 years ago. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TabiTucci in Newark, Texas

58 months ago

Joan of Arc in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I sent you a recruiter's info I had contact with 3 years ago. Good luck!

My father has been trying to get into LM for months. He is an experienced professional within the aerospace field. Jobs are consistently posted for the Fort Worth area yet he is running into a brick wall applying online. I am online today trying to help him get management contacts to submit his resume to directly. I have read that it is common for folks to get lost in the HR dept.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! His email is richard_quackenbush@yahoo.com

56 months ago

well folks I hope better for you,but at last I've given up.
Godbless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sola in Baltimore, Maryland

56 months ago

Hi

I just graduated from college with a business degree, and am interested in working with Lockheed Martin in their MD/DC locations have applied to their website, but have not gotten any reply can anyone please help me out.
Sincerely,
Sola.

rangersgoalie in Littleton, Colorado

54 months ago

Stephen,
Would you be able to help still in the Denver area? I've seemed to hit a will, the jobs I have applied to have no contact info for follow ups.

Thank you

Beau Robinson in Cocoa, Florida

53 months ago

Getting on at Lockheed isn't easy. If you're lucky, you know someone already working there who can highly recommend you and is willing to follow up on that recommendation (which is how I got hired 12 years ago). It helps if are an established professional with verifiable experience and expertise (those are two different things) in the area they are looking to staff, preferably at a similar company such as Boeing, BAE, Northrop, etc.

Or, at entry level, you need to be a college student with, preferably, a 4.0 GPA at a school that LM has a intern relationship with. In my area, it's Florida Tech, and anything less than a 4.0 with a successful internship means you better apply elsewhere, 'cause we got plenty of applicants who meet those criteria. Your combined energy, interest, desires and enthusiasm are not an acceptable substitute.

Oh, and you have to pass a drug test, background check, and security clearance process -- and then, once onboard, you had better work your butt off to be a contributor.

I don't care what anyone else on this forum says; working at LM isn't a lot different than other places. Yes, managers can be idiots, promotions and raises can be based on popularity, and you can sit around part of the day whining about how the job sucks and you aren't treated fairly (wrongfully thinking nobody up the food chain notices), but when it comes down to it, it's all up to you, and no one else. Get used to it.

Personally, after more than 20 years knocking around (rather successfully) with much lesser employers, I don't want to work anywhere else, but with the current government contracting environment, I may have to if the proverbial poop hits the fan. I've been around long enought to know that, if that happens, it isn't Lockheed's fault; it's just business ... and life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jck87 in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

I recently graduated from UCLA with BS degrees in physics and applied math. I've completed 2 undergrad research projects in physics, and have done an internship for an operations research company.I am looking to try to get engineering, preferably in mechanical or aerospace, full-time or internship job at Lockheed Martin. I've tried applying for about 50 different positions through the website, but gotten nothing. I don't know anyone who works for the company, so I don't know what else I can do. Is it really impossible to get hired at LM if you don't know anyone who works there?

Any tips specific for someone in my position?

cinderblockfist in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

From what I heard, you really need to know someone that works there. Networking is probably the best thing to do now, so try to catch them at career fairs and information sessions at different universities. Also information sessions are hit and miss sometimes. You don't know which representative will be there. Could be a new hire which can't really help you or a hiring manager which can help you.

jck87 in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

I've tried handing them my resumes at my school's career fairs, but they always just said to apply online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cinderblockfist in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

If that is happening, then you need to change your approach to career fairs and talking to recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vllsh in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

I doubt knowing people working at Lockheed will help you get the job. I know 3 people working there and have asked them how they got the job, and they all tell me the same thing.. apply online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

45 months ago

That is not necessarily true, there are many people myself included that got hired by Lockheed Martin that did not know anyone that worked there. It is true its difficult to get hired mainly due to the heavy volume of resumes received for jobs postings. Resumes need to stand out and really highlight your unique experiences, education and qualifications and illustrate why you would be a perfect fit for the position.

Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian G in Arcadia, California

45 months ago

Hi, I am interested in working in the research and development part of Lockheed Martin, but I was wondering what collage degrees are required or looked for in the hiring process? Can anyone please help? Thanks

Please Email: Godfather319@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.