Interview for LM

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Blaine7 in Baltimore, Maryland

47 months ago

Not that impressed with LM. Went to a major navy test facility and was interviewed by a peer and his boss who was remote. We also wasted 1/2 looking for an open conference room? Asked some strange behavioral questions for about an hour and was also given a short tour. I asked them a few questions about the types of equipment they used and offered some ideas of my own and think that may have intimidated them. Thought it went pretty well but never heard back from them...not even a e-mail. I had to drive over 100 miles and back and rush to fit the interview into their schedule. I called back a week later because they said they had a few more interviews to do. I then called HR a week later and she said they were going with someone else.I also think I may have priced myself out of the running when I told them my previous salary with another defcon. I feel I was just part of a body count they needed,even though I feel I was more than qualified. My guess is they hired a navy guy just done with his hitch for half the price. I would love to have that day back. Live and learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

47 months ago

Blaine LM is not for everybody and i highly doubt that the person who got the job got it for "half the price" LM salary is competitive with the market. If the person who got the job was indeed military then his military experience played a role in him being selected. Did you serve in the military? If you are so sure that your talents and skills are beyond what was required of the position you applied for why did you apply in the first place? I am not being argumentative just trying to find out why you are dissatisfied.

Good luck with your job hunt!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Blaine LM is not for everybody and i highly doubt that the person who got the job got it for "half the price" LM salary is competitive with the market. If the person who got the job was indeed military then his military experience played a role in him being selected. Did you serve in the military? If you are so sure that your talents and skills are beyond what was required of the position you applied for why did you apply in the first place? I am not being argumentative just trying to find out why you are dissatisfied.

Good luck with your job hunt!

I know all about the military preference. I did not serve,but the job I applied for did not require that I did. More than qualified means to me that I met all the requirements for that position. I never said I was way-over-qualified. I appiled for the job because it's what I do and I would have been good at it. Look, if its ex-military you want, then spell it out in the job description. I was looking for a little more respect( at least a call back from the people doing the interview).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Blaine it may or may not have been an ex military that got the job nobody know you assume that it was i was just saying that if the person was prior mil he/she was by no means hired for "half the price" if mil service was a requirement it would be stated in the requirement. Clearly the person who was selected for the position was chosen because the person or people doing the selecting feels that he/she was the better fit for the position. Respect is something that is earned not demanded or randomly given from your previous post you were quite derogatory towards a company you have never worked or and you assumed that you are the only person applying for a specific position. LM receives thousands of applications a day and there are only so many people handling those applications and given the present state of the economy our HR dept is overwhelmed and are attempting to get in touch with everybody just dont expect them to put everybody else on hold to communicate with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Blaine it may or may not have been an ex military that got the job nobody know you assume that it was i was just saying that if the person was prior mil he/she was by no means hired for "half the price" if mil service was a requirement it would be stated in the requirement. Clearly the person who was selected for the position was chosen because the person or people doing the selecting feels that he/she was the better fit for the position. Respect is something that is earned not demanded or randomly given from your previous post you were quite derogatory towards a company you have never worked or and you assumed that you are the only person applying for a specific position. LM receives thousands of applications a day and there are only so many people handling those applications and given the present state of the economy our HR dept is overwhelmed and are attempting to get in touch with everybody just dont expect them to put everybody else on hold to communicate with you.

One phone call.Give me a break. Good luck on your job Search!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I really think you need to quit being so selfish and practice a little patience it pays off in the end and I do have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: I really think you need to quit being so selfish and practice a little patience it pays off in the end and I do have a job.

...and you so self aggrandizing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eggy in Palmdale, California

46 months ago

Blaine7 in Baltimore, Maryland said: One phone call.Give me a break.

a few things:
1- Yeah, it'd be nice if HR could do some things quicker. We get frustrated with the pace of our hr rep too, internally. And like any job, some of the folks are better than others.
1a- Sucks about the conference room too. FWIW, some Lockheed sites are horrendously short of conference rooms and yeah, you can get bumped.
2- In the future, don't schedule around HR for an interview (this goes for just about any company). They understand working professionals are busy, and can generally accommodate.
3- There's essentially no way they're paying someone out of the military, for the same position, half what they would have paid you.
3a - You're making a lot of assumptions- do you even have any facts whatsoever who they hired and how much they paid him or her?
4- If you're currently working at another defense contractor, you probably didn't price yourself out. They're all very similar. What position were you applying for, and how much were you asking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Blaine7 in Baltimore, Maryland said: ...and you so self aggrandizing.

Blaine i am happy you know a big word, i am not bragging i am simply stating a fact that you assume quite a few things that were not true your comments were not fact based and when we response you are getting upset and posting negative remarks now what does that say of your character?

We are here to try and help answer a few questions because we know how difficult the process can sometimes be to potential employees. We may not have all the answers but we can at least try to point them in the right direction or provide some insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hal2011 in Bryan, Texas

37 months ago

hey toddie,

i have read some of your comments on here and you seem pretty knowledgeable and a nice person who knows whats going on...and i appreciate you helping people out!

i have a problem too with LM employment and was looking for some advice...i just joined these forums today and didn't know exactly where to post so here it is

i was contacted by an LM recruiter for an entry level position in FW area...i was contacted over email and there was a link to a prescreening form with a bunch of questions ....which i completed and sent online.

it has been a week almost and i haven't heard anything back yet....i was expecting a reply email or an interview call within a week ... starting to get a lil worried...and in need of some advice

is this standard procedure at LM?...

any advice information would be appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.