Transitioning Military Member looking for a Career with Lockheed Martin In Orlando FL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

John Richert in Point Mugu, California

36 months ago

I am currently serving in the United States Navy as an Aviation Electronics Technician, and was wondering if anyone who has possibly gone through this process could help.

I currently work on CASS (Consolidated Automated Support System) which is test equiptment for all of the Navy's Avionics from its airplanes. After 7 almost 8 years now in the navy, I am ready to transition into the civilian force. I will be attending college at the University of Central Florida for an Aeronautical Engineering Bachelors degree, and would like to continue working on the CASS system that I have worked on previously.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the Simulation, Training and Support site, so that I may ask some more questions. They are right across from the college I will be attending, and think that I would be a great fit.

I have done an online chat with the recruiters for lockheed, but the best I get from them is to just apply online. That being said, what position am I applying for, since they are not labeled as easily as CASS technician.

Any help on this situation would greatly be appriciated, especially in streamlining the process of getting out of the United States Military and into the Civilian sector.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Congrats on getting accepted to UCF, it sounds like you're well on your way. STS, along with all the business units at the Orlando campus, regularly participate in outreach programs with the school, so your best bet to get a foot in the door would be to work through the career days and outreach programs offered by your academic department.

Are you going to school full-time, or planning on attending night classes after work? Also, I hope this goes without saying, but be sure to keep your nose clean over the next few years. The college lifestyle has a way of messing up security clearances!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Richert in Point Mugu, California

36 months ago

No worries their, My wife and daughter help me with that. I am actually hoping to secure a position with lockheed before I transition to the area. I have to line up a new job before I can start to seperate from the military.

I'm thinking that the best way to go about this would be to get an application into the system, and hope that I get a call back for an interview.

Anyone have any good suggestions on what Lockheed might be looking for in the resume area when it comes to online applications.

I don't have a lot of work history other than the 8 years of military service I have accumulated working on Navy Avionics. I do already hold a Secret security clearance.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
John

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

Well, you definitely won't be considered unless you apply for a job! You might want to look at an e-book I put together on Lulu.com, called "How to get hired by Lockheed Martin". It might shed some light on how the "system" works, to include keyword-stuffed resumes and the importance of networking.

I'd bet that you wouldn't have to go any farther than Point Mugu to find a current LM employee who'd be willing to refer you through the online system, since they'd get a cash bonus in the event that you were hired!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.