Did I get the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

PrincessM in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

32 months ago

I went for an interview at Lockheed. The interview went well, and before my interview they sent me an application and a credit check form. It's been a few days and I have yet to hear from them. Are they taking their time to contact me because they're doing a background check? They told me I'd find out if I got the job either way. Please note I already have a clearance. Does that matter? Does it mean I got the job to them already because they sent me the credit check and background forms? I really want this job. Any info will help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

eggy in socal, California

32 months ago

No, it does not mean you got the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Greenville, South Carolina

32 months ago

PrincessM, this information is part of the pre-screening paperwork that recruiters gather on qualified candidates. It does not mean that you have the job, but it does mean that you're a serious candidate for the position and an offer might be forthcoming. Gathering additional information on candidates in advance is a way the hiring manager and HR business partners use to speed up the staffing process.

For more information on LM's hiring process, don't forget to check out my e-book "How to get hired by Lockheed Martin" on Lulu.com!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

johns in Mountlake Terrace, Washington

32 months ago

recently I have gone on two interviews for two difference positions supporting the same contract. During the first interview, the task order manager mentioned that she would like to consider me for other positions, so she asked questions that not only related to the job I was interviewing for, but others as well. About a week after my interview for the first position I was notified that they were going with another candidate for that position, but they wanted me to come in and discuss another position with them.

I went in for the interview for the second position a week ago, it was brief, about 30 minutes. During the interview they discussed what I'd be doing, who I'd be working with and where I'd be travelling to. At the end, they asked if I had any questions and said "So, does that sound like something you'd be interested in?" I really don't want to get my hopes up, but statements like that really confuse me. Is it common for Lockheed to offer jobs in this manner?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Greenville, South Carolina

32 months ago

I wouldn't say that it's common, but it's definitely not an unusual practice for top applicants to receive "call backs" or to be considered for other, similar positions. LM really works fast to respond to the changing nature of the defense contracting industry, especially on newly awarded contracts, so employees might find themselves working in support of many different contracts during the course of their careers. For a lot of jobs, particularly the "white collar" fields, the basic job skills are transferable so the company does their best to place and retain talented employees.

In your case, you must have really impressed the panel during your first interview, and they may just be trying to place you in the job that best fits you. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

johns in Lynnwood, Washington

32 months ago

Thanks Bob!

I was tild that they were looking to make a final decision, early next week.

eggy in socal, California

32 months ago

johns in Mountlake Terrace, Washington said: Is it common for Lockheed to offer jobs in this manner?

Well, given that this wasn't an actual offer, no, it's not common. :D

To answer the generic question posted in this thread- you'll know when they want you for the job when you get a call discussing salary, start dates, and next steps... you'll have an *actual* offer when you get the fedex envelope with the offer you discussed on the phone, in writing. Until then, keep looking, and good luck!

Msmona in Cambridge, Massachusetts

31 months ago

Do you have any advice on getting a job with LM through a staffing agency? Teksystems contacted me and offerd me a position with LM, they had me speak to several of there managers, Its for a job working in AFB Squadron in Washington DC, Im a veteran so the staffing agency asked for my DD214 also. I also have a secret clearence. I got an email saying that LM wanted to do a phone interview with me today. What could be the next steps if this goes well?

Msmona in Cambridge, Massachusetts

31 months ago

Do you have any advice on getting a job with LM through a staffing agency? Teksystems contacted me and offerd me a position with LM, they had me speak to several of there managers, Its for a job working in AFB Squadron in Washington DC, Im a veteran so the staffing agency asked for my DD214 also. I also have a secret clearence. I got an email saying that LM wanted to do a phone interview with me today. What could be the next steps if this goes well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.