Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Jet in Lawrenceville, Georgia

71 months ago

Here is the deal. I went to a mass interview, got the job, did the background thing, and they called me today. I disclosed everything on the application, but I got a phone call asking me about some things that happened 5 years ago. Keep in mind that I have NO misdemeanors/felonies. I got a TPO from an ex-girfriend 5 years ago, I made the mistake of calling her and had to pay a 280 dollar fine. I explained it to this lady. She then asked me about a ticket I recieved, it was a "Tampering with a traffic signal" ticket. I explained what happened being I was originally pulled over for speeding, went to court, the officer could not prove I was speeding, so they gave me a lesser charge and a higher monetary penalty. She did not tell me i was no longer needed but seemed understanding on the phone. She asked me why I did not say this in the application and I told her that I did not think I had to because it was not a misdemeanor or a felony so I did not think I had to.

Is this normal, do they call to verify that I am telling the truth, or is it a way to not hire me. I have alot of eggs in this basket if you will and am very concerned. Will I receive a phone call? Letter next? I have never been through this before and am really nervous.

My question is this, is she just making a file on me so everything is good to go or can this bar me from employment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

perk in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

You have to wait and see. There is no telling what they will do. I found this out a few months ago while interviewing for a job. I thought I had it till something very minor got in the way. I had a start date and offer letter but then I received a Fedex stating that it was withdrawn...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ready2WorkCSC in Jackson, Mississippi

71 months ago

Hello I have a interview at the DC RRC and I was wondering what to expect. I see I have a lot of security paperwork to fill out. Will I have to go through a polygraph test?

Also, let's say that you did experiment with minor drugs in college but AM NO LONGER doing it, will that penalize me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beejis in Everett, Washington

71 months ago

Jet in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Here is the deal. I went to a mass interview, got the job, did the background thing, and they called me today. I disclosed everything on the application, but I got a phone call asking me about some things that happened 5 years ago. Keep in mind that I have NO misdemeanors/felonies. I got a TPO from an ex-girfriend 5 years ago, I made the mistake of calling her and had to pay a 280 dollar fine. I explained it to this lady. She then asked me about a ticket I recieved, it was a "Tampering with a traffic signal" ticket. I explained what happened being I was originally pulled over for speeding, went to court, the officer could not prove I was speeding, so they gave me a lesser charge and a higher monetary penalty. She did not tell me i was no longer needed but seemed understanding on the phone. She asked me why I did not say this in the application and I told her that I did not think I had to because it was not a misdemeanor or a felony so I did not think I had to.

Is this normal, do they call to verify that I am telling the truth, or is it a way to not hire me. I have alot of eggs in this basket if you will and am very concerned. Will I receive a phone call? Letter next? I have never been through this before and am really nervous.

My question is this, is she just making a file on me so everything is good to go or can this bar me from employment?

So what happened?

23 1561 in Clarkston, Georgia

71 months ago

Nothing yet, still waiting. My buddy that got hired that same day has not heard anything yet either. So it could go either way I suppose.

70 months ago

I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. I got a job offer and accepted it, then the background check pulled up a minor consumption incident that happened 7 years ago. Since it was so long ago I forgot about the incident. Plus, aren't those just violations not midemeanors or worse? My recruiter seemed somewhat understanding then told me she had to tell her manager. Been almost a week now since I've heard from her but when I called yesterday to find out the status, a gentleman told me that since Lockheed Martin is such a big company it can take a while for an approval to go up the proper channels (this needs an approval in order for you to keep your offer/job). Hopefully we will both hear good news soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ready2WorkCSC in Jackson, Mississippi

70 months ago

do any one know if i will have to take a polygrah at the washington dc recruitng center

Joseph B in Pueblo, Colorado

70 months ago

The Security Clearance is not conducted by Lockheed Martin. So more than likely no.

Ready2WorkCSC in St. Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

so on the security form that i have to fill out for lockheed should i let them know that i have smoked marijuana in the past??? i never got a charge or caught at all. so should i let them know..also i did do it regularly for about two years but have not done it within a year so should i really let them know how many times i have done it

70 months ago

I was interviewing for an internship and the question was "have I abused an illegal drugs since the age of 16."(I'm 19) BE HONEST! From my understanding, this will not necessary make you ineligible for the position and is NOT shared with the hiring managers or HR. Not telling the truth to them and them finding out later, will disqualify you most likely!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ready2WorkCSC in St. Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

so u were honest??

70 months ago

Yes I was completely honest. (Although I have not used illegal drugs since the age of 16) The way the process worked with me was the you have a one on one security interview where they pretty much ask you all the questions on the security form. They did say that the information you disclose in the interview is between you and the security team and none of this information will be disclosed to HR or the hiring managers. Then I had my interviews with the hiring managers. Everyone at LM was extremely friendly(including hiring managers) and the interview process was actually pretty enjoyable.

Good Luck to you!

70 months ago

Well I got my good news! Good luck to everyone else!

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

67 months ago

Jet in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Here is the deal. I went to a mass interview, got the job, did the background thing, and they called me today. I disclosed everything on the application, but I got a phone call asking me about some things that happened 5 years ago. Keep in mind that I have NO misdemeanors/felonies. I got a TPO from an ex-girfriend 5 years ago, I made the mistake of calling her and had to pay a 280 dollar fine. I explained it to this lady. She then asked me about a ticket I recieved, it was a "Tampering with a traffic signal" ticket. I explained what happened being I was originally pulled over for speeding, went to court, the officer could not prove I was speeding, so they gave me a lesser charge and a higher monetary penalty. She did not tell me i was no longer needed but seemed understanding on the phone. She asked me why I did not say this in the application and I told her that I did not think I had to because it was not a misdemeanor or a felony so I did not think I had to.

You should of disclosed everything and i mean everything, Lockheed Martin has to be very careful when it comes to trusting people with information that impacts national security. The company is bound by DOD rules for entrusting sensitive information you have to be 110% honest even if its embarrassing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shaema talib in reston, Virginia

19 months ago

A recruiter contacted me for a position, asked me to fill out a detailed security form and credit check.
I have not had an interview yet but seems like they are doing background check. Is this common process?

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

shaema talib in reston, Virginia said: A recruiter contacted me for a position, asked me to fill out a detailed security form and credit check.
I have not had an interview yet but seems like they are doing background check. Is this common process?

For a defense contractor yes. They aren't going to automatically do a background check. They just want the information there in case they do.

19 months ago

The position is federal but not for DoD.

Bluetea in Texas

19 months ago

shaema talib in reston, Virginia said: The position is federal but not for DoD.

I can't say for sure but I think they just have one rule here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob LM in Haiti

19 months ago

Shaema, this is a common part of the screening process. The next step would be for you to be contacted for an interview, assuming that your initial screening was satisfactory, the positions are still open, and you meet the qualifications. That's a lot of IFs, but you are on the right track. In the meantime, keep applying to other vacancies that interest you, and be sure to follow up with your recruiter!

Good luck!

19 months ago

Thanks Bob. This was helpful. Do you prescreen everybody?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.