Filled out pre-screen form, received email from recruiter...now what?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Miss Elle in Redmond, Washington

33 months ago

Hello everyone. I applied for a position with LM mid-January. On the 26th, I received a pre-screening form from a recruiter. About a week after sending my pre-screening form in, I received another email from the same recruiter asking about relocation requirements and how long it would take for me to get to FL (where the position is located). However, it has been a week and a half and I have not heard anything else (no more emails, no phone calls), so I am unsure what to think at this point. Has anyone else had this experience? Since I have not heard anything else, does this mean I'm probably out of the running? Any advice or sharing of your experiences would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in San Jose, California

33 months ago

Hi Elle, what position was this for? If it's a new contract then you might be in for the old "hurry up and wait" routine. I'd recommend waiting until the two week mark, then calling your recrtuiter to follow up. LM's recruiters often support several different programs at once, so it's not unusual for the hiring processes to move at different speeds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miss Elle in Redmond, Washington

33 months ago

Recruiter Bob, thanks for the reply!
The position is for an Accounting Asc. I don't have a phone number for the recruiter, but I will be sure to send him a follow-up email this week. Does the job status matter at all? It changed to "Closed" two days after my last email with the recruiter, so could that mean they had already filled the position? Or are they just no longer accepting applications? Thanks again for the reply.

Recruiter Bob in San Jose, California

33 months ago

"Closed" in this case might mean that the position has been cancelled or is no longer necessary. LM usually keeps requisitions listed as Open until the new hire's first day on the job, just in case something falls through with the top choice. Since this seems like an awful quick closure, I would "guess" that it's more likely that the position was cut due to funding.

Still, you should definitely follow up with your recruiter to get the full scoop. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hokiegirl in Bethpage, New York

31 months ago

Recruiter Bob in San Jose, California said: "Closed" in this case might mean that the position has been cancelled or is no longer necessary. LM usually keeps requisitions listed as Open until the new hire's first day on the job, just in case something falls through with the top choice. Since this seems like an awful quick closure, I would "guess" that it's more likely that the position was cut due to funding.

Still, you should definitely follow up with your recruiter to get the full scoop. Good luck!

Hi Bob, you’re comments on here have been so helpful.
Is the screening process the questions you fill out via email like Desired salary, commuting restrictions, ect…?” If so, how long after the recruiter contacts me with these questions should I follow-up?

Hokiegirl in Bethpage, New York

31 months ago

Hokiegirl in Bethpage, New York said: Hi Bob, you’re comments on here have been so helpful.
Is the screening process the questions you fill out via email like Desired salary, commuting restrictions, ect…?” If so, how long after the recruiter contacts me with these questions should I follow-up?

Also, in regards to "job status" ...what does "approved" mean online?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.