Nervous as heck...

Comments (7)

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

Hi all. I've applied for an entry-level research scientist job about a week ago, but I have yet to hear anything from anyone yet. Is that normal? It'll be my first job outside of academia (recent grad), so I'm really nervous and anxious about finding a job. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

FastMhz in Cypress, California

37 months ago

I applied last month for an Avionics Technician job and this is week #4 and still no response. My friend who works there said it was nearly two to three months for a response. One week is barely denting the process.

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

That doesn't sound good. =(

eggy in socal, California

37 months ago

Apply, as in dropped a resume online? It might be hours, weeks, months, or never for a reply. Too many variables.

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

eggy in socal, California said: Apply, as in dropped a resume online? It might be hours, weeks, months, or never for a reply. Too many variables.

Yes, apply through the online app page. If that's the wrong way to do it, do you know of a "right" way to do it?

eggy in socal, California

37 months ago

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California said: Yes, apply through the online app page. If that's the wrong way to do it, do you know of a "right" way to do it?

The online page is the 'right' way. But I would guess the *vast* majority of online applications never hear anything back- you likely won't hear anything from anyone unless they're interested in interviewing you.

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California

37 months ago

eggy in socal, California said: The online page is the 'right' way. But I would guess the *vast* majority of online applications never hear anything back- you likely won't hear anything from anyone unless they're interested in interviewing you.

Ah ok. Well, thank you very much for your help anyway. Much appreciated. =)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.