Nervous as heck...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California

26 months ago

Hi all. I've applied for an entry-level research scientist job about a week ago, but I have yet to hear anything from anyone yet. Is that normal? It'll be my first job outside of academia (recent grad), so I'm really nervous and anxious about finding a job. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FastMhz in Cypress, California

26 months ago

I applied last month for an Avionics Technician job and this is week #4 and still no response. My friend who works there said it was nearly two to three months for a response. One week is barely denting the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

That doesn't sound good. =(

eggy in socal, California

26 months ago

Apply, as in dropped a resume online? It might be hours, weeks, months, or never for a reply. Too many variables.

26 months ago

eggy in socal, California said: Apply, as in dropped a resume online? It might be hours, weeks, months, or never for a reply. Too many variables.

Yes, apply through the online app page. If that's the wrong way to do it, do you know of a "right" way to do it?

eggy in socal, California

26 months ago

Herwick Mok in Los Angeles, California said: Yes, apply through the online app page. If that's the wrong way to do it, do you know of a "right" way to do it?

The online page is the 'right' way. But I would guess the *vast* majority of online applications never hear anything back- you likely won't hear anything from anyone unless they're interested in interviewing you.

26 months ago

eggy in socal, California said: The online page is the 'right' way. But I would guess the *vast* majority of online applications never hear anything back- you likely won't hear anything from anyone unless they're interested in interviewing you.

Ah ok. Well, thank you very much for your help anyway. Much appreciated. =)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.