What's the company culture at Lowe's?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Lowe's?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Lowe's?

Reply - Report abuse

bdcronkwright47 in Bentonville, Arkansas

85 months ago

I need all info about Lowe's Business Management style, Strategy, etc.for a study project at NWA COMM. COLLEGE, in Betonville, Arkansas,
e-mail bdcronkwright47@aol.com
Thanks for your info, how to get it.

Brigitte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Valiant in Salem, Massachusetts

63 months ago

Do you have a penis or a vagina? Don't be offended, it's a legitimate question. If you have a penis, you're more likely to get a management position (if that's what you're going for). If you have a vagina, you can use it to persuade the management to give you a cushy position.

What's their style? Unprofessional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Senior Programmer Analyst in Yadkinville, North Carolina

22 months ago

I work at corporate. To fit in, you must be a "zombie yes-man". Seriously. And you need to be very social-- it's not a job or career really because you must be buddies and friends with everyone there.

There are company cheers there still.. what does that tell you about the company? You all cram into the cafe are and do the "Lowe's Cheer". High-school, anyone?

Middle management is completely incompetent. Upper management shuffles around and re-orgs frequently.

You are not allowed to wear jeans... except recently they "allowed" employees to wear jeans every Friday and they consider that a privilege and bonus/perk! Management is not in touch with reality.

80% of current IT workers are "actively looking for work elsewhere, including for another company" according to a confidential, internal employee poll. What does that tell you about Lowe's culture? 80% of the employees hate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robertar in Van Buren, Arkansas

1 month ago

i started a post here responding to lowes hire, im gonna throw 1 rock and kill two home depots. first, i am 50 and applied on nov 14, i interviewed with a man that i knew was gonna recd me because im that confident, interview with hr on the following sat, mouth swab, lic wasent important, sscard, started working at a teaching computer all dat sat, half day sunday, couple hrs with the grand puba of safety and started partime the following friday. its a job anyone who wants to be a part of a team and be paid to work. second, where i work at the store manager is prolly 20 years younger than me, but he clearly has a ged and he interacts with employees and customers with open ears. he came in sunday in a suit and started helping a customer right in front of me.(i was not knowledgeable on the subject). with his suited knowledge the sale was made. 10 minutes later he came by and checked if it went well, he shook my hand and said good job. he was wearing bluejeans and a blue lowes vest then. i havent spent enough time in lowes elsewhere to speak on dresscode, but if you need to wear a hat, it has to have something to do with lowes or a product they sell. i had to find my own hat on ebay because i aint wearin' no fukkin TLR hat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sandykmac in Dallas, Texas

24 days ago

No real dress code, but you do need to wear closed toe shoes for safety reasons. I didn't even know who my store manager was until after I worked 6 months and we had a meeting. As a cashier, I may have to start buying adult diapers if I can take it off of my taxes because we've been told breaks are a "privilege". As a cashier, I can't just go to the restroom so unless we have an accommodating head cashier, I can forget going to the restroom. If I am assigned a 6 hour shift, I can get a lunch. If I'm assigned a 4 or 5 hour shift, I have to beg to go to the restroom. I would tell anyone who wants to work here to run. Now, I didn't apply to be a cashier, I applied to work in outside garden since I wanted to be outside. The problem is, I have too much experience as a cashier. Oh well, looking for something else at the moment. I do have to say that I did not get much training and after 1 year, there are still things I don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.