What's the company culture at Medtronic?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Medtronic?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Medtronic?

Reply - Report abuse

truth in Cordova, Tennessee

82 months ago

its really a red neck company hee haww!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Putz in Gilbert, Arizona

80 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Medtronic?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Medtronic?

In Tempe where I worked, it used to be a great place, then they started to hire in laid off Motorola management. They have now succeeded in turning a great place to work into another back stabbing top-heavy leviathan that makes endless promises but never seems to deliver on them. In short, you are now just a number, and can be laid off at any time just like Motorola had a reputation of doing. There is no commitment to long-term employees; as a matter of fact it is a good reason to dump you.
Dress is Casual

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Climber in Murphy, North Carolina

80 months ago

Does anyone know the company culture of Medtronic Navigation in Louisville, CO? I am considering applying there but was wondering whether or not it is a positive environment and if exempt employees are expected to work long hours.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Climber in Murphy, North Carolina

80 months ago

Thanks for the comments. Those are very helpful tips.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Putz in Gilbert, Arizona

77 months ago

The cornball they have running things now has decided that he can cut operation costs down by 10% per year for five years...
He will <content removed> the company and take the golden parachute out of the burning wreckage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Putz in Gilbert, Arizona

75 months ago

They were having layoffs every year, but this year is special, they are only waiting 6 months to have another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mable in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Starglider in Valencia, California said: I have heard many positives (no concerns) about this MDT location. They are growing. They get a large influx of applicants due to the positive environment and location, relying on direct applications without using search firms or headhunters. I believe "key words" are critical in the HR prescreening so taylor your CV specifically to the JD that you are applying. Relocation for an out of area candidate could be an issue however, just FYI. Getting an inside contact name inside here could critical to not get overlooked.
Good luck.

One good way to getting an inside contact is to use the advanced search for people at www.linkedin.com use the company name and search within the zip code

For more healthcare hiring tips check out my book and web site at: www.KellyStaffingExpert.com

Best Wishes,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JT in Corpus Christi, Texas

64 months ago

Starglider in Valencia, California said: I have heard many positives (no concerns) about this MDT location. They are growing. They get a large influx of applicants due to the positive environment and location, relying on direct applications without using search firms or headhunters. I believe "key words" are critical in the HR prescreening so taylor your CV specifically to the JD that you are applying. Relocation for an out of area candidate could be an issue however, just FYI. Getting an inside contact name inside here could critical to not get overlooked.
Good luck.

Has anyone heard about the new San Antonio office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rubester

50 months ago

Chandra has turned the Tempe campus into a nightmare to work at. The CEO said no "official" layoffs but they ate cutting back in many other ways. Stressing people to quit in order to not pay severance, and if by chance you stick it out they let you go for the crappiest of things. I know a large group of employees that are out for stress induced medical leaves. Employees with over 20+ years service are announcing early retirements with separations occurring in two or less days. The Tempe campus is leaning everything to its socks and everyone sees that the site is being shaped to be shipped overseas. During the last employee voices there were groups that had close to 50% state they are looking to leave the company within the next 12 months. People are looking for the door and the management is oblivious to the severe lack of employee satisfaction at this location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

3M in Saint Paul, Minnesota

44 months ago

To all Medtronic Employees being effected by the upcoming layoffs in MN:

I am very sorry to hear about the layoffs Medtronic is experiencing and wanted to see if I may help in any way. While I know that all are affected regardless of whether one’s job is lost or not, I wish everyone well during this tough time. I work at 3M in the Talent Acquisition Department and although, I am not certain of what areas will need help in finding a new home, I wanted to reach out and offer my contact information in order to help anyone that could benefit.

While I understand that this may affect a number that work with the ICD product, 3M has a number of different medical device openings, but also positions in every other areas such as Engineering, Finance, Marketing, IT, etc. Please feel free to offer my contact information to those that may benefit. While I am confident that Medtronic will recover, I want to reach out and lend a local hand to those affected in hopes that we may find a new home for individuals at 3M and help our local community remain strong.

Best Wishes to you all and your families,

Megan Korb
Talent Acquisition Researcher
3M Talent Acquisition
mkorb@mmm.com
twitter.com/#!/megkorb
www.linkedin.com/pub/megan-korb/5/616/355

Job Board: www.3M.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nvirogal in Monterey, California

28 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the work environment in the Goleta office is like? Have they been having layoffs there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.