Learning curve at MetLife is huge,

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

always be selling in Orlando, Florida

49 months ago

Once you have passed you series 6 test and life, health and annuity state test. You are hired. On my first two weeks I called several of my past client's and two were ready to apply for life insurance. I asked the 'trainer' how I would go about this over the phone since the people lived over 25 miles away. He stated, 'we don't sell over the phoe' and walked away. I then thought well, I guess I'll drive to their home. So I set the appointment. Let the 'trainer' know and he said great and handed me a life application packet. That was it! No instructions; these are the questions we ask, these boxes need to be checked, schedule a parmed, etc. I went to the client's home, sat there with the application and opened it. Did not have the first clue. Called the office to go over each page, over the phone with the 'trainer'. This is your training.

Another way they train is partnering up with a 'seasoned' agent. You bring deals to them. And you split 50%/50% of the commission. That's it. So pay attention to everything they do. There is no sit down side-by-side going over scenarios.

Then there is the wholesale rep. who comes in once a month. The wholesale rep. works for MetLife on salary, who worked in the trenches as an agent or manager at some point with MetLife, before the 'do not call list' and the caller ID machines, before the economy took the plundge...they sell you on Life isurance and Annuities or Disability for two or three hours. Your eyes will glaze over eventually listenig to all of this. They will give high dollar scenarios; such as a multimillionaire needing a 1.Mil. policy at $20k a month premium payments. And then after awhile you will start asking yourself, 'Where are all those millionaires needing these large policies?

You will be told that they provide leads, base leads including existing client's. These people are tired of being called and will let you know it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.