Michael Page

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

HR Professional in Staten Island, New York

89 months ago

Recieved a call one of their recruiters about this position. Told me they were on the phone, and would call back in 15 minutes. After waiting for the call for over an hour i went home. They have never called me back.

Totally unprofessional group of people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

happy in Elizabeth, New Jersey

88 months ago

It sounds wildly unprofessional of you to accuse an entire group of people based on the actions of one. This seems like an unfair generalization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

HR Professional in Staten Island, New York

88 months ago

happy in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: It sounds wildly unprofessional of you to accuse an entire group of people based on the actions of one. This seems like an unfair generalization.

In life, organizations are always identified by the individuals that work for them. That's why I have always felt that it was important for Receptionist and other front line professionals to always represent the organization in a positive manner. As a Human Resources Professional, I hold myself to this standard. I also believe that the organizations are responsible for the actions of the people they put in these visible positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jones davis in South Orleans, Massachusetts

88 months ago

HR Professional in Staten Island, New York said: Recieved a call one of their recruiters about this position. Told me they were on the phone, and would call back in 15 minutes. After waiting for the call for over an hour i went home. They have never called me back.

Maybe the guy had to pinch a loaf.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Thinking of working for MP in Winter Springs, Florida

87 months ago

jones davis in South Orleans, Massachusetts said: Maybe the guy had to pinch a loaf.

LOL! Pinch a loaf. I havn't heard that expression since I stopped talking to my father. Anyway my questions about MP are: Are there realistic opportunities for advancemnet? Do they generally promote from within? Are there travel requirements for recruitment positions? I can do my own research about the company as a whole, though it'd be great to hear some perspective of MP employees. Good/ bad experience? I was considering working for a similar firm TEKsystems, specializing in IT recruitment. My thing is... i've noticed alot of these firms have low standards and requirements with regard to formal education. Would it be a waste of a degree ( B.A. in Business Admin ) to work as a recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Stamford, Connecticut

87 months ago

HR Professional in Staten Island, New York said: Recieved a call one of their recruiters about this position. Told me they were on the phone, and would call back in 15 minutes. After waiting for the call for over an hour i went home. They have never called me back.

I call over 50 people in one day. My calendar is booked from 8:00am till 7:00pm every night or later. Unfortunately, it is very easy to lose track of names and numbers, and to rush off into another meeting. There is nothing wrong with being a pro-active candidate, it is after all your job search. It is unfortunate that the recruiter did not drop everything to call you back within the specified time, but do you think it might have been helpful to call back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ll in Ruby, Virginia

87 months ago

Which recruiter, I just had the same experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HR Professional in Staten Island, New Yo in New York, New York

85 months ago

Recruiter in Stamford, Connecticut said: I call over 50 people in one day. My calendar is booked from 8:00am till 7:00pm every night or later. Unfortunately, it is very easy to lose track of names and numbers, and to rush off into another meeting. There is nothing wrong with being a pro-active candidate, it is after all your job search. It is unfortunate that the recruiter did not drop everything to call you back within the specified time, but do you think it might have been helpful to call back?

Your word is all that you have. If you can not deliver what you promise, you lose credibility. Now, the recruiter told me that they would call me back in 15 minutes. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, i waited an hour to hear back from them. They never called me back. Now if a recruiter's organizational skills are so lacking that they can not keep track of the people they call, or the promises they make, why should I trust them to assist me with a job search?

Their loss, because as an HR professional, i will not be using them for my benefit or for the new organization that i represent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nobody in Rochelle Park, New Jersey

85 months ago

Recruiter in Stamford, Connecticut said: I call over 50 people in one day. My calendar is booked from 8:00am till 7:00pm every night or later. Unfortunately, it is very easy to lose track of names and numbers, and to rush off into another meeting. There is nothing wrong with being a pro-active candidate, it is after all your job search. It is unfortunate that the recruiter did not drop everything to call you back within the specified time, but do you think it might have been helpful to call back?

you must be joking right...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

yeah baby in ny, New York

85 months ago

Probably the same BS, HR has no idea about any specifics, in particular in a mid-high Management job, they just sit there and look at you while you say your two cents, listening to your speech how you talk and handle yourself. Then they wave their hair and laugh, and ask another basic question, and stare at you again, pretend they are writing something…then wave their hair again and pretend they are listening knowing all along that their cousin or neighbor or a preferred candidate for no legal reason will get the job…Thank Mr. so and so for coming in, it was nice to meet you blah blah blah I always want to send a letter after the interview saying- bit** why didn’t I get the job…did I stutter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Norcross, Georgia

85 months ago

I had a recruiter to contact me and was told the job I applied for seems to be a perfect match with my background. The recruiter and I set up a time to meet and to fill out the paperwork. The recruiter sent me an email confirming the appointment after we hung up the phone. I go to the appointment the following day and the recruiter didn't remember me or setting up the appointment. He also told me that he didn't have any jobs available at that time and would reach out to me when something comes across his desk. I never heard back from him and I think it is a good thing based on my experience with him. I quickly looked elsewhere for a job and I would urge anyone who has had a bad experience with a recruiter to do the same. Why waste your time when there are so many other recruiters, internet job boards and other job hunting resources out there. Be proactive and don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

joe van in New York, New York

83 months ago

do not bother. michael page is a joke. it is a chop shop where everyone is 25 years old and has less than 2 years of experience. this is where real estate agents and mortgage brokers go to die...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.