Trying to get a job in HR

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

janemarie in Marysville, Washington

28 months ago

I am trying to change industries, and am looking at HR jobs at Microsoft. My training and experience don't match the qualifications exactly, but my skills and experience can definitely be leveraged into some of the positions, based on what I've looked at, specifically--Learning & Development, Organization Capability, and HR Business Partners. Can anyone give me anymore insight into these types of positions, and perhaps also insight into marketing what may seem like non-traditional background?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

28 months ago

janemarie in Marysville, Washington said: I am trying to change industries, and am looking at HR jobs at Microsoft. My training and experience don't match the qualifications exactly, but my skills and experience can definitely be leveraged into some of the positions, based on what I've looked at, specifically--Learning & Development, Organization Capability, and HR Business Partners. Can anyone give me anymore insight into these types of positions, and perhaps also insight into marketing what may seem like non-traditional background?

First, Microsoft gets 1,000 apps a week. So good luck with that.

Second, HR from my understanding isn't as easy to get into as you would think. They want the education and they want the certifications: www.hrci.org/. You can even major in HR now. Yeah, who knew?

Personally, I would try and get into a smaller company as an HR generalist first, to get some experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.