NCO Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at NCO?

What do you like best about working at NCO? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

carlos "Hell with NCO" in Houston, Texas

97 months ago

I worked with NCo for 3 years.Befor best buy and geek squad it was MCI then it went down hill after losing MCI.They have no consideration for employes that been dedicated for soooo long.I remember about this big raise and evaluation that was promised to us for stayon on board to secure the geek squad and best buy contract from [name removed] and [Name Removed] .But it was all a lie.........The only thing they did was give us a comp plan that had soooo much holes that it was hard to hit and then we had to depend on people in work force who screw up your time ..it was a big a joke and this was NCO in Humble....I woul dnot ever wish my worse enemy to work there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ex nco in Houston, Texas

97 months ago

My experience with the company was a bad one.The company does not give raises but they do have a comp plan so you can hustle yoru *** off to try to make comp just to make what you would had if you did had a raise.Managment make sooo many promises but never follow through.......dont believe the hype.......they will lie through there teeth to get you in then after that it is a whole different story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

EX NCO EMPLOYEE THANK GOD!! in Houston, Texas

97 months ago

WEEL JUST TO SAY A FEW ABOUT THIS SAD *** COMPANY!! THEY FIRED ME BECAUSE I STARTED HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY HANDS/THE FIRST SIGNS OF CARPAL TUNNEL AND THE FIRST CHANCE THEY GOT TO FIRE ME, THEY USED IT.,

[Name removed}IS A DUMB ***!! I HATE HIM FOR ALL THE LIES HE TOLD US ABOUT BONUSES, RAISES, AND **** , HE NEVER PAID ME FOR MY COVERT OPS MONEY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ex nco reps in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

How many sups would fail a drug test ??????[names removed] etc when will they start drug testing in thisplace........They wont because of the cost of a drug test and they wonder why they have such a high turn around on attirtion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

josh in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

I know what you mean.I use to work for the NCO in houston in humble texa.And they would make these promises on makeing more money with a shift diffferential or pay out and all that.I was with the company fo r2 years with out a raise and i was takeing bilingual calls with being paid more for takeing those type of calls.[Name removed] in human reources and[Name Removed] the genral manager was the one that make empty promises .........this place should be investigated be the texas labor board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chen in Houston, Texas

96 months ago

You will get worked very hard and not get rewarded. The benefits are not good..there medical is joke and to expensive and dont even bother with there 401k plan.The management will make all kinds of promisise and not come through/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

john in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

look for anothe rcall center to wokr at becuase there is so many peopl edoing invalid sales its no wonder why supervisors hit there quota

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

for you to write that ,i think it mean you have a pouse that has nothing more than a ged that is working there

1111 in Houston, Texas said: maybe the reason why nco is like that with you is because you can not type ( hahahahahahahahahahaha ) dumbass! i dont work for nco either but i would.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

carlos in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

what bonus and pay,thi scompany double talks on everything,do you know how long people been waiting for a raise in this company at the nco on 1960 and aldine westfield

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carlos in Houston, Texas

93 months ago

guess what ......nco has not paid me for my vacation time that i accumalted over the past 7 month .For some strange reason my vaction time cant be located .......a victim of nco non-paid bs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saccaf in Cambridge, United Kingdom

91 months ago

what about NCO in Preston, Europe? anyone worked for them? what's it like working at this branch?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Last Name Lawrence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

I must say that as a Tech person who needed a 2nd job to pay bills, that this is a tough environment. One, it was a check but failing to meet goals can be strigient. Although I've been in business and analytical and some finance background, my quota was way to high and unatainable. That's when you're schedule changes. Now, if you know this going in, then you know, I didn't as far the quota being so high. The employees are treated like second class and a second thought and they bring in 100's of thousand weekly and millions monthly and we got a "room" not a lunch room to wait in. I don't recall benefits being mentioned and don't think we could afford them anyway. Since people are not treated fairly, it seems to bring out the "Ghetto" or the worse in people when the company seems to respond in a Ghetto fashion.

I guess the flip side is if you've been there long enough, you got a nice position and can deal or get better treatment for whatever reason. Some people can survive or some supervisor know how to get your uncollected funds into their group...hmmmm!! Do your research on this... Last name Lawrence was in Houston on Fondern

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Last Name Lawrence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at NCO?

What do you like best about working at NCO? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I must say that as a Tech person who needed a 2nd job to pay bills, that this is a tough environment. One, it was a check but failing to meet goals can be strigient. Although I've been in business and analytical and some finance background, my quota was way to high and unatainable. That's when you're schedule changes. Now, if you know this going in, then you know, I didn't as far the quota being so high. The employees are treated like second class and a second thought and they bring in 100's of thousand weekly and millions monthly and we got a "room" not a lunch room to wait in. I don't recall benefits being mentioned and don't think we could afford them anyway. Since people are not treated fairly, it seems to bring out the "Ghetto" or the worse in people when the company seems to respond in a Ghetto fashion.

I guess the flip side is if you've been there long enough, you got a nice position and can deal or get better treatment for whatever reason. Some people can survive or some supervisor know how to get your uncollected funds into their group...hmmmm!! Do your research on this... Last name Lawrence was in Houston on Fondern

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Greg Nichols in Lubbock, Texas

85 months ago

Okay. Some of you guys have some of your information skewed from what has been said above. I worked for the company (geek squad side) for about 3 months and I really didn't see a problem with it. I'm a college student that goes to Texas Tech and they were perfectly fine with me leaving after 3 months. They do have a high turn over rate but most of that is due to the employees, not the management. You can't exactly motivate or help people who are naturally not motivated to work. First, the place is kind of ghetto. Due to a high turn over rate you can't always get the best employees. Therefore, people can't actually do their jobs to the best of their ability because their own lack of skills. Secondly, there is no pay raise. You KNOW this going into the job as it is stated during the training session. The only way you make raises is through promotions, which happen quite frequently. I had the option of being promoted DURING the training class for places in the HR area. You make 10 dollars an hour and the benefits are okay if you want them (medical, dental). There isn't any travel really. I lived in spring and it only took me 10 minutes to travel to and from the area (for a gauge of how long it took me to get there/distance wise). Thirdly, the quota wasn't high at all. I'm an electrical engineer though and i actually UNDERSTOOD what i was talking about on the phone selling items for geek squad. Maybe if you don't understand the computer aspect as well it is kind of rough. In fact, there isn't even a quota the last I checked ( 4 months ago ). My brother works for them now and he isn't good at the job but his team manager works with him well to get them to sell more. I did understand the bonus method too. The more you sell the more you get paid for a monthly bonus (which is a raise in effect). If you know what you are talking about, you can sell more, which means you know what is going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Dragnskull in Humble, Texas

85 months ago

Greg:

1. Of corse they are okay with you leaving, no job can tell you to stay, and if they were to show anger/aggression, thats just going to make them look bad. They also are on constant lookout for new employes and dont mind hiring anyone that passes a background check, so if your next job doesnt work out, they hope you come back.

2. yes the employees there are, for lack of a better word, ghetto. but over half of the people that leave, do so because of the poor quality of the company, ive known about 20 people that have left since ive joined up, and its all been for the same reasons.

3. there IS a pay raise, 75 cents a year, "Gaurenteed", the thing is, you have to bring it up or it will never happne (Example of this later), my training session pay raise was not mentioned, until i brought it up, the exact answer was "yes you can get a pay raise, but you need to be here for at least 6 months" but later found out thats bs, the only pay raise available comes with promotion to another position, or the 75cent raise a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

4. promotions do NOT happen frequently for someone that comes in for work on the phones. i was offered to be promoted to HR out of training as well, along with 2 other people (i never applied, the other 2 did, one got the job but only lasted about a month before quiting) the reason you were offered a job for HR, is because about a month before i came in a few of the HR team left, and they have yet to fill the position. There was a chance for someone else that was new to get promoted too (he came in after me) after 2 weeks on the phones out of "ABAY" (aka training) he was given a supervisor role. Why? because the higher positions were short staffed VERY badly. he was a supervisor for a night shift for about 2-3 months, then suddenly he was told that there was a mistake, he wasnt suppoes to be a supervisor, and was suddenly in compitetion with 2 other people for the job he was already given (the old boss, apperaently only left for a temp leave, but

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

but they considered her gone for good, along with another new person who was promised the position, a position that was already filled by this guy.) he wound up "winning" the position, and has since kept it. he was given the chance because he had a buisness degree. other hten that, no, promotions do not, at all, come fast or frequent.

5. honostly, the medical seems a little high (never had it before, so not sure what normal standards are) but the dental seems great IMO, they pay between 50-80% of the bill up to 5 grand, and only take out like 6 bucks a week i believe

6. travel: depends on if you leave near aldine and 1960, for me its about a 15-20 minute drive, not bad

7. the quota is 24% right now, was 25.5%, its been lowered due to lower sales rates. It is adjusted frequently since ive been there, they say its the overal % of the company of the past month. The close rate doesnt seem high, but that means 1 out of every 4 calls needs to be a sale, and trust me, thats near impossible after the holidays, due to the store reps claiming warrenty covers everything, and everyone thinkign we are free (bad marketing on geeksquad/bestbuy imo) we get a LOT of people calling in not expecting to pay for anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

8. your an electrical engineer, your not the first ive met either, im A+ certified, aka i -am- a computer tech (thats what my new job is actually) and i know full heartidly what is and what isnt when people call in, and the sales are still very difficult to get, and often, when i get a "national" aka management listening to my calls making sure i do things right, im often given a failing score because i "give them the wrong service" i use to argue in my defense, and would get the grading fixed, but eventually i gave up, they make no attempts to teach the quality checkers whats waht, so the arguing is pointless, much of what you learn in training is wrong, especially between ADR and Software troubleshoot, and you have to do it there way, even though you will alter get reported by the field tech for putting the wrong service.

9. as stated above, there is a quota, currently at 24%, and there always has been a quota since ive worked there.

10. you say you made payout? i know some o fhte top rankers in the system, and 2 of them have had to argue to get there money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

-one friend of mine got payout scores, was told he was getting payout, and when it came time, his check showed no bonus. it took nearly a month to get that resolved
-one friend hit the 1 year mark, making for his 75 cent raise, he didnt recieve it, had to talk to management about it, they wound up screwing up. they paid him the 75 cents for EVERY hour hes ever worked there (literally from day1) when he saw this, he told them about it and gave the money back (personally i woulda kept it and kept shut) and they took ALL of his paycheck, makin ghim wait nearly a month to get even his fair earned paycheck back, much less the raise. i believe this is still being worked on
-there have been 3 people getting written up for quality/close rates, then having to dispute it for a week or two before things got fixed
-i personally was hired 3x, fired 2x, before i even stepped foot into training due to the companies lack of communication within there system. This was a bad sign of things to come for my experience.
-me and a friend have to check our hours every paycheck, i use to ride to work with a friend, and once he had 10 hours, and i had 2. yet we were both there for 8. this happens on a weekly basis with me, him, and one other friend.
-lately the "call flow" has been altered so much, that it is rediculous how fast they want you to adjust

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

we changed to a new system a few months ago (FMS Pilot testing) and expected us to learn, and use it fully, with nothing but a 3 hour training (the original training for the original programs when your hired takes about a week, then a week on the floor training)

me, and a few of my fellow teammates, were randomly chosen during xmas time to work for the dot com section (bestbuy.com) without warning, given a 3 day training corse (the managers tried to push us on the floor after 4 hours) and thrown out to the floor, freezing our current close raits (near middle of payout) and scores, only to find out the AHT of the transfer was actually put into the dot com, but not the sales. funny cause i wasnt hired or properly trained for dot com, yet they had no problem shoving me in it. somehow i think thats illegal considering hte paperwork i signed was saying i work for geeksquad NCO.

when firsted hired, i told them "yes ive been arrested, i had a knife in school", this is the ONLY instance ive been in trouble with the law, not even a parking ticket. the lady interviewing me had to go speak with her boss, and came back saying it would be fine. later i was told "if you dont hear from us over the weekend, come into training monday, cause everything will be good to go" well i came in, my name wasnt on the list and i wasnt allowed in the building, was told to go to HR, and a lady sat down looked at my paperwork and said "you lied to us, you signed right here saying your background check will be clean, and it wasnt" i was like "...first, turn the paper over and look on page 2, theres me openly telling you i was arrested and what for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Secondly, when i was told what that was, i was told it means i havnt LIED about my background, not that a check would come up completely clean." she just kept saying i lied, even though she was holding a paper from 4 days ago with a written statement from the person interviewing me, stating what i was arrested for. i wound up walking out very upset. about 5 days later i get a call being told that ive been accepted, and if i want the job its mine, along with a few appologies. i said sure, came in for training, and realized that i was hired as dot com, not geeksquad (i was very specific that i was only willing to work for geeksquad) i had to call and get it fixed, so i was fired yet again, rehired, and given a huge line of appologies for what they did. she actually asked me "ohh, did you care where you work? i just tried to get you into the earliest training session" my responce was "well, do you care what position YOU work? cause i sure as hell do."

notes about this company:
-they do offer some great things for people that can hit there rediculous goals, they give away bigscreen tv's, psp's, ipods, my friend even won an xbox360 premium
-alot of the people there are cool, the majority is black and ghetto however *no racism ment, just a fact of the job, but there are some really cool people as well, fairly friendly invironment.
-the job IS VERY GHETTO
-9 dollars an hour, 10 if bilinguel (sp?), and 75 cent/year raise "gaurenteed"
-VERY poor communication within the company. i have so much to say over this, i dont even want to type it out. expect to have to go through alot of hassle for anything that is out of the ordinary worklines (ie raises, payouts, hours being fixed, etc etc)
-lots of lies about how "things are going to change soon" things change, but its always another stab in the back

its a good place to work at for a couple months while in between jobs, but dont rely on it or expect to stay long, youll literally go insane.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justskippingstones in Springfield, Missouri

81 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at NCO?

The average starting salary depends....who knows. They have started people off the past 3 years at a higher rate of pay that what I am currently making because they could not keep employees for the rate that I am at...but they have increased their bonus base to compensate the increase of rate of pay. In a nutshell a person that has a base salary of lets say....$11.00 hr has to make 12K in "Fees" for the company before they start making anything in bonuses. Benefits are expensive, a family of 2 for health, dental and vision pay over $400.00 a month. No real perks, other than free coffee. They have contests all the time people can win cash...anything from .50 to 50.00; hitting goal one does also get a bonus. There is a quite a bit of "favoritism" in our office, account stealing and fluff.

Right now were are in the throws of the G2G (Good to Great) thing...and what that boils down to is....staff reduction for those who are not corporate drones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

yerem02 in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Hey i had a question??
I was thinking about applying for a postion at NCO
and i was wondering if it would be right for me does it pay good, does it pay weekly or bi-weekly??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

justskippingstones in Springfield, Missouri

81 months ago

one gets paid every other week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

hell with nco in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Hey NCO is about to have ahuge lay off in a couple of month.The call flow has trinkle down to 96 calls.And teh past few week ,management has been making people go home.The calls is being routed to another call center.This is NCO on aldine mail route and 1960

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jippedwrkr in Springfield, Missouri

67 months ago

I work in a facility in MO which just opened up as a call center for Geek Squad/Best Buy about 15 months ago. When hired all of us were told about great bonus programs and giveaways that never came to be.

Benefits are awful. Health insurance for a single person is almost $200 a month and that's with a $500 deductible. Dental is not all that great even for the low cost since at least in my area we have very few Dentists who are covered by the plan. In essence, the benefits suck IMO. The company I had worked at before I paid less then half that out of each paycheck, had a higher deductible but spent less out of pocket on scripts and drs. visits.

Travel for the average person working the phones is non-existent. Only salary staff travel either for training or some 'best of the best' bs event.

Pay is ok, if your used to making minimum wage, but you have to be careful and keep an eye on your time, especially when you have been crossed trained for other departments. I know of many people who have been told to switch to a different sign in due to call overflow from another dept then received a check without the hours they worked in that dept on their next check. Also be careful under-timing on a holiday, it could make it so that you don't get holiday pay at all.

Bonuses don't make sense at all. Goals are supposedly adjusted monthly to the expected call flow but they never seem to take into account that your position may have additional work time for additional tasks that need to be completed due to systems changing and added responsibilities to your specific job. Case in point: Recently all HT switched to a different scheduling system and the average handle time goal dropped to less then half from the previous months, when it was taking agents 3 times longer to transfer information from one system to the next, even though all of the jobs were supposedly transferred at another call center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jippedwrkr in Springfield, Missouri

67 months ago

And that goal did not change until about a week and half into that bonus cycle. Then on top of that they took one of the companies main tools to gauge the customer's satisfaction ratings and 're-vamped' it to supposedly benefit the agents better, but when it came down to it the agents were being graded on a customer's overall experience which includes their experience with the store personel and in-home service techs. That alone screwed many deserving people out of their bonuses even though some of those same people got corporate gift cards for having good customer satisfaction scores for that month.

Everyone hired for that facility was also told we would be getting raises. Many in my non-sales dept have been with NCO for over a year and it took 2 months of questions to finally get a review, and those reviews were extremely skewed due to a single months goals being applied to the past 12 months when goals changed on a monthly basis and for the first 4 months there was no supervisor to dispute any customer satisfaction scores with or quality person. Then when those people do finally get a raise it is a mere 1%, yes, all of 10 cents and the retro-pay is skewed as well, even for that 10 cents. Some people were lucky enough to get 2%.

Unless you are used to a job working in a factory, fast food or any manual labor this company is not an upgrade.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

62 months ago

Any evaluations about the Lakeland Florida branch?

"EOS Customer Service Representative"

"Communicate with Patients and Patients Representatives to resolve healthcare accounts while offering excellent customer service."

Unless I hear a string of great reviews with specific examples, I think I pass on this place.
It sounds like a nightmare.

If you post about Lakeland, please add your job title or some general category: IT, Customer Service, management, HR....

If you are a supervisor or higher, please mention that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

And what is the pay like for Customer Service in Lakeland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jsencion in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

So can anyone out there tell me how are the benefits? copay, deductible do they have dental? are there good benefits overall?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AzNVi3t2007 in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

DO NOT WORK AT NCO! They are full of crap! Been there 3 years and ive been through so much BS.YOU WILL GET SCREWED OVER MANY MANY TIMES>! MANAGEMENT IS STUPID!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Texas, Texas, Texas, St. Joseph, Philadelphia, Springfield, Texas, Texas.....

What about Lakeland?
Is that just a very new branch?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fallonjo in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

Ive worked for nco about 3 years ago and i still got a bad taste in my mouth from it. when i went in for my interview the manager made me feel computer savvy. than when i started training, my trainer was good and very helpful but she was easily to get off topic and speak about personal(sex).. than when i actually made it to the salesfloor, omg i was like a fish out of water. it was so complicated and confusing. my supervisor didnt make it any better. she was rude, unprofessional and ghetto. my whole team was ghetto. they had no consideration that i was on the phone with customers, they still would get right behind me and talk loud about thangs that didnt have nothing to do with work. smh. i went to the higher manager to report the behavior and the manager still didnt do anythang. so one day i just got fed up from the customers asking questions i had no idea about to the ghetto supervisor i quitely packed my thangs and walked out. and still to this day i have not regret my decision. by the way i was working for geek squad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zack in Matteson, Illinois

48 months ago

Hey do you what my number

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.