What's the company culture at Nestle?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Nestle?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Nestle?

Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

Typical day - 12+ hours, ridiculous number of meetings, 3 or 4 a day; ridiculous length of time for meetings, 3 to 8 hours; meetings to plan meetings; and very little gets done. Unless you do it at home, which makes your day a 14 or 15 hour day.

Culture: work the employees as hard as you can, sometimes 1 person doing 2 or 3 jobs at a time and minimize hiring to keep porfits as high as you can. Just like any other company, but this company is more obvious than most due to the 38-42% turnover rate of employees. Sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

marie in Saint Ann, Missouri

91 months ago

This place is a craphole. my grandmother worked there for twelve years and needed surgery and they would not let her have time off to do it. they told her they would fire her.

they treated the older employees there like dirt. many of her friends from the place were so beaten down and depressed. it was hard to see.

they had an employee store for discounts and my grandmother bought her dogfood there then suddenly one day they said that people cannot help the older women carry out the dog food. i could no longer go in to help her so she could not get the food at a discount because it was too heavy for her to carry and no one wanted to help her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Peoria, Arizona

91 months ago

Former Employee in Houston, Texas said: Typical day - 12+ hours, ridiculous number of meetings, 3 or 4 a day; ridiculous length of time for meetings, 3 to 8 hours; meetings to plan meetings; and very little gets done. Unless you do it at home, which makes your day a 14 or 15 hour day.

Culture: work the employees as hard as you can, sometimes 1 person doing 2 or 3 jobs at a time and minimize hiring to keep porfits as high as you can. Just like any other company, but this company is more obvious than most due to the 38-42% turnover rate of employees. Sad.

Wrong! You are crazy. Nestle is one of the best companies out there . I have been her for 7 years and have never encountered anyone going through this on a daily basis. Yea every now and then during season and planning. Great company, great people, and the company's culture is like no other. Sounds like a mad ex employee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Cookie in Texarkana, Texas

91 months ago

Anonymous in Peoria, Arizona

Can you enlighten us as to why after submitting a resume they do not contact the people that have the education, experience, skill set, and meet the requirements of the posted positions?

I am just curious, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Anglsxn. in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

Hi-

There may be many reasons why a person may not be called after submitting their resume. One possibility may be lack of keyword use that is specific to the open position; these companies want you to exceed the minimum qualification requirements. You may also want to add monetary figures e.g. cost saving projects and how much you saved your previous employers etc. It may be possible that the resume format may need revision and so on.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

D. Elizabeth Robinson in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

I still haven't seen a reply that answers the original post. So I'll rephrase it (with apologies to the original poster).

Does Nestle have a dress code, especially for office employees? Is there a pattern among employees of specific divisions of socializing outside the work environment (going out for lunch together, getting together after working hours to "unwind," etc.)? Is there an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation among those working together?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Winner in Methuen, Massachusetts

19 months ago

Well, as Angelsxn stated, " there are few bad apples everywhere". Nestle is a multination organization with many divisions. Bad things may have occured in one or few of its divisions. What I would say is peolpe always quit managers or direct supervisors, not the company because some sup. and managers may experience at some points lack of leadership. If you take a close look at it, they don't know what are doing. What I know is the organization is working with external contractors to train all leadres for performance and I believe it will bear good fruits.
Does this help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.