Nokia News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Nokia stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Lexington, Massachusetts

92 months ago

Not good...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fort Worth, Texas

91 months ago

They are on the backslide... There is little to no stability Beware!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Milton in Boston, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Nokia will survive because the money managers, NON AMERICAN managers in Europe saved lots of cash in the 90's so they will stay in business.

Nokia will not thrive and will slowly loose market share over the next decade. Right now Europe our greatest market but the Apples, Googles, and others of the world are now providing superior hardware and software that's leaps and bounds ahead of Nokia.

Nokia does not really stack up against the competition any more. They are surviving only on brand locality. The core US business is bankrupt and ran by VP's and Directors who have no experience in the Wireless/Carrier business. We change our business unit names every 6 months which in turn means we change our mission and strategy. It's how the American managers cover their foolish mistakes.

I sold all my Nokia stock and will never buy it again. The ones I received from the company as a bonus ended up costing me since they were worth less when they matured but I had to pay capital gains taxes on them. My bonus turned out to be a punishment :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.